User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Price Matching Limit

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I tried price matching 6 Cheese Whiz today at the RCSS and was told I could only price match 4 and would have to buy the other 2 at the regular price. I've written RCSS and asked about their policies but wondered if anyone else can verify this for me in the interim.
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS
    Shwa Girl and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We don't have RCSS where I live, but we have No Frills. I was told about 6 months ago that the pm'ing limit at NF is now 4. I was disappointed because I had points offers on Philadelphia cream cheese and wanted to pl for a better price, but was limited to 4.
    walkonby, dededi and akajw like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

At our RCSS the limit is 4.
    Angela273, dededi and akajw like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

yep, our RCSS here has been a 4 limit for quite some time. Even worse than that??
    FreshCo's limit for PM-ing is just TWO! ha ha

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

At the RCSS here their limit is four as well but the only time we really feel it is when there is personal digital offer involved for a one time use. Other than that both myself and my wife go by there everyday so its no big deal to stop in again. I really did not like it in the beginning but there really is not much you can do except bring someone else in with you if you only want to make one trip
    Angela273 and akajw like this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Limit of 4 here also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Angela273 and akajw like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes 4 limit and now in grimsby and oakville limit is 2 on meat.
    akajw likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    yep, our RCSS here has been a 4 limit for quite some time. Even worse than that??
    FreshCo's limit for PM-ing is just TWO! ha ha
    I heard the same at a Freshco too. Just 2. I calmly told the Freshco cashier that the limit of 2 is kind of encouraging me to shop elsewhere.
    Then she said, "The limit is 2 at my till. You are welcome to line up with the cashier beside me and get 2 more. I will even give her 2 now so you can pay at her till."

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Yeah, RCSS implemented the 4 PM Limit at least a year ago when most stores started the "List of PM stores", to the best of my knowledge/ from what I recall, before that time, there was no hard limit and the stores they PM'd were a little more flexible.
    Freshco has always been 2 from my experiences, they're normally pretty good with it though, I'll bring my brother and they let us do 4 as two bills no problem (Pickering), no hard list of stores, but who knows, that may change! My RCSS here in St.Kitts told me this past Tuesday that they will no longer PM multi-buys at other stores, they say it's a email from head office. It really seems to me like they'll abolish PM'ing soon with all these restrictions that they keep implementing!!

Walmart has always been 6 of course, with no hard list
    Giant Tiger I haven't PM much but there is no hard limit or list with them
    No Frills has been for some time a hard limit of 4 and a hard list of stores at all the ones I've been to (Ajax, Pickering, Whitby, Oshawa, Port Union, St.Kitts, etc.)
    walkonby and akajw like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

My RCSS the limit 4 and I usually get to sometimes do 2 bills at the same till ,as to the Walmart that I go to there is no limit also at Freshco there is a 2 limit but if what ever item u are PM comes with different flavours, etc u are allowed 2 of each kinds eg the Barilla Pronto pasta would be 2 of each kinds

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    I heard the same at a Freshco too. Just 2. I calmly told the Freshco cashier that the limit of 2 is kind of encouraging me to shop elsewhere.
    In general, I suspect that your threat is seen as fairly empty, at least at the management level. Cashiers may think it matters since they're likely to think the same way they do when they buy, but managers with profit responsibilities probably aren't enormously concerned if people who PM at more than a casual level go elsewhere. A basic reason is that such customers are less profitable than average. In addition, PMers require more of the staff's time and attention when checking out, they're more likely to spot and ask for SCOP, etc.
    GoJays likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

be sure to also find out which stores your RCSS will price match.

if you were shopping with someone, price match 4 yourself and have that person price match another 4 right after you.

@ Shwa Girl
    i feel like the cashier was trying to help you and tried to be fair. giving you the option to buy the extra products but line up again. the cashier could have separated the transactions for you and cash you out (one after the other). but i mean if there was a customer behind you and they find out that the cashier allowed more than 2 for price-matching, they might also ask the cashier to do the same for them, and then it could repeat.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaria View Post
    be sure to also find out which stores your RCSS will price match.

if you were shopping with someone, price match 4 yourself and have that person price match another 4 right after you.

@ Shwa Girl
    i feel like the cashier was trying to help you and tried to be fair. giving you the option to buy the extra products but line up again. the cashier could have separated the transactions for you and cash you out (one after the other). but i mean if there was a customer behind you and they find out that the cashier allowed more than 2 for price-matching, they might also ask the cashier to do the same for them, and then it could repeat.
    @Aquaria, you are probably right about the cashier.

BTW, the item I price matched at Freshco, was on sale at No Frills. This was in the winter time. That No Frills had a limit of 15 on flyer items, at that time.

After Freshco, tried Walmart Superstore. Went to the front end manager. Showed the No Frills flyer and asked how many I could buy. Manager said as many as you want. Asked for her name. At the cash, told the cashier that Manager X said I could price match as many as I want and you can call her over if you want. Cashier said no problem. I bought a case of the sale item. They had lots of cases at that Walmart Superstore.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Fri, Sep 8th, 2017 at 07:36 AM.
    Angela273 likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Even Walmart near me has a limit now. Freshco is 2, the No Frills stores are 4-6 and Walmart 8
    dededi likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    That No Frills had a limit of 15 on flyer items, at that time.
    Ah yes, the good old days.
    dededi likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information