User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Canada Post is a disgrace.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

The best one I heard was a friend ordered something from the United States and it Came by Canada Post. It was faulty and so had to be returned. When he took it into Canada Post to send it back, they wouldn't accept it because it was too heavy, even though they delivered it in the first place!
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I did not receive 1 trade and some coupons,dont know if it is canada post fault or not.....
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I have had no problem with CP so far.

But their online tracking is often not real time and is often delayed.

I ordered something online, I have already received it 1 day back. But Online its still showing in transit, instead of delivered !

Maybe the postal worker who dropped off the package didn't bother scanning it after delivering it.

Sometimes its the other way . It says delivered online & I am yet to receive the package, and it shows up 10 hrs later. So I don't know if someone stole the package or the online tracking system is wrong.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I think most Canada Post workers are hard working. The ones who are actually delivering mail to your house, sorting mail in plants etc. You can't really blame them for the horrid system.

But the system & the management is a bit outdated. Their website also often doesn't give accurate tracking information & the updates.

Their call centre & complaints centre is a JOKE , they don't take your complaint seriously and often just repeat the exact same thing you can see for yourself on the computer screen at home. They can't & won't go beyond that. So not much point in calling them, if you have issues

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I just ordered a few items from ELF...got a notice in my box saying to pick up at the post office & i owed them $15-! as a "handling fee"...

Ive NEVER heard of such a thing...never had to pay this before....guess i wont be ordering from ELF again....thanks canada frikkin post!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Some interesting comments here, but nobody has addressed the inability to send an email, even a web mail, to Canada Post. Can someone explain where CP shows how to contact them electronically?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

[email protected]

or maybe open an epost account to see if there is a contact option

[email protected] too
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Evans View Post
    I just ordered a few items from ELF...got a notice in my box saying to pick up at the post office & i owed them $15-! as a "handling fee"...
    Ive NEVER heard of such a thing...never had to pay this before....guess i wont be ordering from ELF again....thanks canada frikkin post!

This isnt Canada Post's fault... right on the ELF website, under shipping:

SHIPPING TO CANADA......Payment of duties and taxes is the responsibility of the recipient, and these fees may be collected at the time of delivery.
    I'm guessing this was the charge (plus maybe a small handling fee added).

ADDENDUM: Also be glad that it didnt come by UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc... As not only would you have paid the taxes and duties, you would also have paid an obscene brokerage fees would would have made your $15 charge, $45-$50 easily.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Wed, Jan 24th, 2018 at 10:34 PM.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    [email protected]

or maybe open an epost account to see if there is a contact option

[email protected] too
    Thanks for the reply. The issue I raise is not so much what the contact addresses are, as why they are not provided, up front, on the CP web site. I do not respect any company who makes it hard to contact them and avoid giving them my business.
    momof3heathens likes this.

Commander:Northern armies rock lobster's Avatar
    No one goes off-trail. No one walks alone.
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The U.S. Postal Service loses billions a year but you receive
    mail from anywhere in the U.S. usually in three days.
    Sunday's they deliver Amazon orders they're sub-contracted to.

Compare Canada Post's $55 million dollar profit in 2016 to the U.S. Postal Service.

WASHINGTON — The beleaguered U.S. Postal Service reported a financial loss Tuesday for the 11th straight year, citing declining mail volume and costs of its pension and health care obligations even as it predicted another strong holiday season of package deliveries.

The Postal Service reported a loss of $2.7 billion for the fiscal year that ended Sept. 30. That was better than a $5.6 billion loss in the prior year but was mainly due to fluctuations in interest rates that reduced workers’ compensation expenses.
    The 2017 loss came after a double-digit increase in package delivery was unable to offset drop-offs in letter mail, which makes up more than 70 percent of total postal revenue.
    Last edited by rock lobster; Wed, Jan 24th, 2018 at 09:04 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Canada Post - Customer Service Call Centre , Official Facebook Account & Official Twitter handle are utterly useless & unhelpful. So don't bother calling them or contacting them.

I mailed a letter by Registered mail, with Tracking Number and everything. Its more than 16 days and its still not reached the destination. When I track online it still just shows its being forwarded to the destination and IN TRANSIT , that's all. Its been stuck in this status update for days.

I called their CS and spoke to an agent. He basically tells me the same thing I can see Online. He has no clue where the letter is and has no tools or means to check anything further. They cannot investigate anything further or escalate things.

Basically he keeps on telling me the same thing over & over again, that " ITS IN TRANSIT ". Well I can see that Online, but its been like that for 16 days. He has NO idea where the letter is, why its stuck at the same phase, when it will reach its destination - Nothing !

Their Facebook Account & Twitter Account - I private messaged both with the Tracking number, again they tell me the exact same thing that I can already see Online.

So in case you send something with a Tracking number & if your letter or parcel is in LIMBO. Don't bother calling or contacting them. They won't do anything or investigate it further. Whatever you can see online after you track it with the Tracking number, the exact same thing they will tell you over and again.

What you see on the screen is what you get. It could remain undelivered for days & months, and you have proof of mailing & tracking number, but they won't give you any additional information than what you can see for yourself.

Their Tracking Online is utterly useless & unreliable. They don't update it frequently and forget to scan. Sometimes the letter is delivered & they don't update their tracking and it remains " IN TRANSIT " forever !
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Mon, Feb 12th, 2018 at 11:50 PM.
    walkonby likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I opened a Service Ticket with Canada Post, because the Registered letter which I mailed with a Tracking number is yet to reach its destination after almost 3 weeks.

The Service Ticket is such a waste of time, I opened it the ticket today ( February 14 ) and the resolution time for it is May , 2018 ??? WTH ?

So they can take 90 days to resolve the complaint & ticket ?? What kind of BS is this ?

Imagine this is a registered mail with tracking number and everything, and this is how they treat it. You can only imagine what the fate will be if you mail a letter without any tracking !

And I paid $ 18 + Tax extra in addition to the postage charges, just for sending it via registered mail as I thought it will be more safe.

What a waste of time & money & energy.
    walkonby likes this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://www.680news.com/video/2018/02...-dropped-mail/

Canada Post is investigating after security cameras in an Oshawa neighbourhood captures footage which appears to show a letter carrier kicking snow on pieces of mail which have fallen to the ground, burying them even further.

Sent from my iPhone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information