User Tag List

Page 51 of 233 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Like Tree7607Likes

Thread: PC Optimum - SDM and PC Unite Feb.1 2018!!!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    Perhaps it's still premature to make the pessimistic assumption that PCO has been changed to what we're seeing now. Afaik, there's no solid reason to think our SDM offers won't increase and improve as the program gets fixed and fully implemented, granted nothing solid afaik to indicate this will happen either.
    Personally, I'm thrilled to not be receiving any SDM offers. I rarely shop there, and any SDM offer I received would have to be extraordinarily good to induce me to go there.
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Viper View Post
    Personally, I'm thrilled to not be receiving any SDM offers. I rarely shop there, and any SDM offer I received would have to be extraordinarily good to induce me to go there.
    It's definitely a matter where YMMV depending on what you consider a good enough deal. I wonder though... is it possible you'd find more deals worth doing if you were to look more closely? That has been my experience, albeit with diminishing returns for incremental time and effort.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I hear you.
    I racked up points for a couple of years, but I haven't shopped there on a regular basis for almost 3 yrs.

I also hate that you mostly have to shop on weekends for major point bonuses and redemptions. I don't feel like wasting my weekends running errands.

Give me better PC offers, I will be happy.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's definitely a matter where YMMV depending on what you consider a good enough deal. I wonder though... is it possible you'd find more deals worth doing if you were to look more closely? That has been my experience, albeit with diminishing returns for incremental time and effort.
    Well except for the rare sale item I don't buy food there, I usually shop at No Frills. (My local SDM often has huge stocks of marked down going to expire soon food items which are really cheap, but that's about it.) I would be extremely hard-pressed to buy enough at SDM to qualify for one of their exclusive offers. And why would I go there to redeem a non-exclusive offer when it's already cheaper elsewhere?

And for other household items, especially stuff like OTC meds and supplements, I find that the regular price at Walmart is often better than the sale price at SDM.

Big scheme of things, the only real advantage you have with shopping at SDM is that it's extremely convenient - it's like going to Starbucks, they're all over the place.

So, nope.
    Last edited by The Red Viper; Tue, Feb 13th, 2018 at 12:44 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    Well at least they told you 24 hours...just got an email back and said I would get my points by feb 28! Really that is just over 2 weeks! Not cool pc optimum, not cool! If you can see my points are missing then just give them to me...why make me potentially wait 2 weeks. And with people not getting any shoppers offers who is going to shop at overpriced shoppers now. I can’t see this change being very good for shoppers when you look at as a whole..at least for my perspective
    Even though it said 24 hrs I still did not get my points fixed . Can’t get through to there lines I guess I will be sending off an email some time today

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well except for the rare sale item I don't buy food there, I usually shop at No Frills. (My local SDM often has huge stocks of marked down going to expire soon food items which are really cheap, but that's about it.) I would be extremely hard-pressed to buy enough at SDM to qualify for one of their exclusive offers. And why would I go there to redeem a non-exclusive offer when it's already cheaper elsewhere?
    I can't speak to prices in your area, but in mine, while SDM is generally higher-priced, there are exceptions. Milk is an example that comes to mind. I don't buy a lot, but I get almost all of it at SDM where it's $4.27 for a 4-liter bag, the same as Walmart, No Frills, etc. BUT as a senior, I get 20% off if I buy it on Thur. which I usually do, and there's a 20x points coupon fairly often. So if I only buy one bag, I pay $3.42. With no offer, the 4.5 cents in points is negligible, but when I have the 20x milk one, this increases to 90 cents. And the old OPT program used to have wus offers as low as $10 that would stack, awarding even more points when I'm able to add enough other items to qualify.
    And for other household items, especially stuff like OTC meds and supplements, I find that the regular price at Walmart is often better than the sale price at SDM.
    Yes, and "often better" means sometimes not better, and that's without factoring in the possibility of getting points at SDM.
    Big scheme of things, the only real advantage you have with shopping at SDM is that it's extremely convenient - it's like going to Starbucks, they're all over the place.
    If your purchasing pattern is such that you wouldn't be able to save much by shopping more at SDM, I'm not going to tell you you're mistaken. What I will say is that my mileage definitely varied. I used to think shopping at SDM wasn't usually worth it until I looked more closely than I had been doing. So it's clear, I'm not suggesting that SDM is a good place to shop in general, but rather that when I started looking for opportunities to save compared to WM, NF et al, I was pleasantly surprised by how many there are.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Even though in the Shoppers flyers it says prestige cosmetics and fragrances are not included in seniors day, my local Shoppers gives me 20% off Clinique and Benefit. I noticed also the definition of senior varies....my local store says 55, but another store said 65 and I no longer shop there, as I am 55. While they are individually pharmacist owned, the prices do vary, from store to store.

I have a PC worldwide MasterCard that earns 20 points per dollar at loblaws owned grocery stories. Now that we are earning 15 points for every dollar at Shoppers, do PC MasterCards earn more at Shoppers now?
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

[QUOTE=barbis9;6867705]Even though in the Shoppers flyers it says prestige cosmetics and fragrances are not included in seniors day, my local Shoppers gives me 20% off Clinique and Benefit. I noticed also the definition of senior varies....my local store says 55, but another store said 65 and I no longer shop there, as I am 55. While they are individually pharmacist owned, the prices do vary, from store to store.

I have a PC worldwide MasterCard that earns 20 points per dollar at loblaws owned grocery stories. Now that we are earning 15 points for every dollar at Shoppers, do PC MasterCards earn more at Shoppers now?[/QUOTE)

You would get 15pts per $ at SDM using your PCO card. Then if you use your MC you would get 20 pts per $1 the points on your mastercard statement as you did before. I don't believe that changes at all.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Feb 13th, 2018 at 03:32 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I can't speak to prices in your area, but in mine, while SDM is generally higher-priced, there are exceptions. Milk is an example that comes to mind. I don't buy a lot, but I get almost all of it at SDM where it's $4.27 for a 4-liter bag, the same as Walmart, No Frills, etc.
    Milk is the same price at my No Frills, so irrelevant.

BUT as a senior, I get 20% off if I buy it on Thur. which I usually do, and there's a 20x points coupon fairly often. So if I only buy one bag, I pay $3.42. With no offer, the 4.5 cents in points is negligible, but when I have the 20x milk one, this increases to 90 cents. And the old OPT program used to have wus offers as low as $10 that would stack, awarding even more points when I'm able to add enough other items to qualify.
    That's good for you, congratulations. However I don't have the same option because I'm not a senior, and I have no plans on becoming one for several decades, unless SDM lowers the threshold.

Yes, and "often better" means sometimes not better, and that's without factoring in the possibility of getting points at SDM.
    It's rather presumptuous of you to think that I'm not fully aware of the price points of items that I customarily buy. Also, Walmart has online shopping, and SDM does not.

If your purchasing pattern is such that you wouldn't be able to save much by shopping more at SDM, I'm not going to tell you you're mistaken.
    How gracious of you.
    Newfiescreech and Silk like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

... I used to think shopping at SDM wasn't usually worth it until I looked more closely than I had been doing. So it's clear, I'm not suggesting that SDM is a good place to shop in general, but rather that when I started looking for opportunities to save compared to WM, NF et al, I was pleasantly surprised by how many there are.
    Arjon, this describes me exactly, up till about a year ago. I didn't even bother getting an Optimum card before that, but was an avid PCPlus advocate. Frankly, the level of excitement on this forum under the Shoppers Drug Mart pinned topic made me dig deeper, and after I got my Optimum card and started reviewing the personal offers, I was shocked how much I could save there, through sale prices and some Big Points offers.

I ended up migrating just under 400,000 SDM points to the new PCO program, much of which was accumulated in the months leading to the merger.
    Even got a couple of Google Home mini's there; not only lower price than WM and elsewhere, but helped me achieve a mega points WUS X$ offer, just before Christmas.

I buy almost all my paper products at SDM, as they are definitely the lowest in that area. Every single week, they have at least one featured item in the 1day or 2day Page1 section. Eg. Royale Facial Tissue, 6s $3.99.

And of course once I'd passed the 95,000 threshold, top conversion factor of 1.789 applied to everything on conversion day. Happy happy. Going forward, its 1.5 as we know, but that's ok.
    Last edited by Pointsman; Tue, Feb 13th, 2018 at 05:17 PM.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nalaric View Post
    I'm missing my 20x the points on milk coupons! But I have a plan!

Pretty sure the $4.65 for milk is a "regular price" since it never shows up with an S beside the price. So, I think I'm going to go buy 6 milk tomorrow with the 20% off (text coupon), 4.65*6*.8=22.32 and then I'll do a $20 redemption If they aren't going to give me bonus points buying milk, I may as well redeem for it after 20% off
    I bought two milk with no offers in hopes to trigger an offer when the new ones are released Thursday
    You can buy 2 or 3 bags and redeem $10 No need to spend 20

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Anna Michele; Tue, Feb 13th, 2018 at 05:31 PM.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    I bought two milk with no offers in hopes to trigger an offer when the new ones are released Thursday

Yup, I know I could have done a $10 redemption, but we go through 6 milk in a week between my brothers & my family, so this saves me from going back in a few days If I get a points offer for next week, I'll be able to buy another 5 or 6 next week again.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Me too, that was my favourite offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post

Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Milk is the same price at my No Frills, so irrelevant.
    If you choose to believe there's no difference between $4.27 with and without 20x points, that's your prerogative. And you don't necessarily have to be a senior to get 20% off. You can do so with an offer that's still good the rest of today actually.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pointsman View Post
    Arjon, this describes me exactly, up till about a year ago. I didn't even bother getting an Optimum card before that, but was an avid PCPlus advocate. Frankly, the level of excitement on this forum under the Shoppers Drug Mart pinned topic made me dig deeper, and after I got my Optimum card and started reviewing the personal offers, I was shocked how much I could save there, through sale prices and some Big Points offers.
    I only realized I should learn to work the OPT program right around mid-2017, so you've been at it longer than I have. I'm not big on looking backwards, but there are times I wonder how much I missed out on because I under-estimated the potential for savings for years. I had a account since the 1990s. I don't have the records to prove it, but I strongly suspect I collected more points in the last 7 to 8 months than I did in the previous ~20 years.

Page 51 of 233 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast

Thread Information