User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By nalaric
  • 2 Post By Arjon
  • 1 Post By Arjon

Thread: 20 X points & Electronics - Samsung Galaxy Tablet purchase - Question.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I am buying the Samsung Galaxy Tab E - 9.6 inch tablet for for $ 199.99. Are electronics available/eligible for 20 X promos?

I haven't used the SDM optimum card since they merged with Loblaws PC points card. Totally out of the loop maybe for the past 2-3 years.

Do I have to do anything special to get the 20 X points offer today, if I buy the $ 200 tablet. Like load the 20 X offer on the card etc or is it automatic, just scanning of the card at the till?

I am guessing I will get 15 points per $ 1 spent at SDM , so I should get 60,000 points if I buy the $ 200 tablet, am I right ?

And 60,000 points = $ 60 for future redemption's, am I right ? Are there special bonus redemption days where 60,0000 points could be worth more than $ 60, or SDM has now eliminated those days ?

So basically the $ 200 tablet will effectively cost me $ 140, if I take the future value of 60,000 points.

This thread is currently associated with: Loblaws, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It will work automatically if the offer is loaded on your card. Yes, you will essentially get $60 in points. Not likely will there be a bonus offer for that amount. There has been a few bonus redemptions, but none for that few of points I think. You can redeem it in $10 increments at any of the loblaws stores - no frills, superstore, shoppers etc.
    tjthemanto likes this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

It's only a small amount of points, but fwiw, I would expect $199.99 to be rounded down, so that unless you spend another cent, you will only get 59.7k, not 60k.
    tjthemanto and nalaric like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Do I have to do anything special to get the 20 X points offer today, if I buy the $ 200 tablet. Like load the 20 X offer on the card etc or is it automatic, just scanning of the card at the till?
    Once you have seen an offer on your page of the website or through the app, it's loaded.

It's not likely to matter in practice, but what's not clear afaik is whether offers load when they're released without opening the site or app. If they do, then it would be possible to use an offer without knowing we have it, but this would basically only happen for casual users who don't always check their offers, and for those for who forget to check them or who somehow make a purchase without / before checking.
    tjthemanto likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Not sure if you ended up buying the tablet, but with this weekends redemption 60k= 75$ off instead of only 60!
    Keep Smiling!
    Super Mel

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Super Mel View Post
    Not sure if you ended up buying the tablet, but with this weekends redemption 60k= 75$ off instead of only 60!
    I will probably use this coupon to buy it tomorrow. I don't have any points for redemption

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Just wondering if you have bought electronics at SDM before. If not, be very wary of their return policy.

No matter how good a deal is, I won't buy anything from that dept there.

And just a note on that tablet's memory - I know I couldn't deal with only 16gb, mine has 32.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Just wondering if you have bought electronics at SDM before. If not, be very wary of their return policy.

And just a note on that tablet's memory - I know I couldn't deal with only 16gb, mine has 32.
    Assuming the tablet has a slot for a memory card, an additional 16 gb can be purchased for under $15. I'd be looking more closely at the amount of RAM, which probably isn't expandable at all. Unless I was sure I'd only run old and/or basic apps, I'd suggest 2 gb as the bare minimum.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post

Yeah, their return policy is very bad on electronics.

I am OK with 16 GB hard drive, I will be only using it for surfing. Won't download anything on it. Out of 16 GB, maybe 50 % is already taken by the Operating system..lol.

The RAM is only 1 GB RAM, so that's an issue too.

Thread Information