User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Liberte med. has 14% milk fat, the plain one has no added sugar. just add fruit to it for a different taste. But they love the taste of plain

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy BK View Post
    I've been giving my DD Astro Balkan Style plain yogurt mixed with random baby foods. So far she loves it mixed with sweet potatoes, carrots and applesauce. Plus I'll add a bit of cereal to thicken it and then zap it for about 10sec so its not so cold.

Smells gross, tastes gross but she loves it!!

So I figure why buy such expensive individual yogurt cups when I have so much baby food stocked up and she loves it mixed.
    You can mix plain yogurt with almost any kind of baby food you have. It changes the taste and texture so they think they're getting something new.

We were having a hard time making it through an entire carton before the bb date so I've started buying the single serving size cups of plain.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

CAREFUL!!!! Some of the Balkan Style yogurts are sweetened with honey. Honey MAY contain bacteria that can give your baby infant botulism(food poisoning) and is not reccommended until after 1 year. I agree with most of these posts. Full fat, plain yogurt with your own fruit.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

OH really?? If it just says plain yogurt...how can I tell if it's sweetened with honey??

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I think only the fruit bottom ones are sweetened, 4% MF I believe. Regular 750 ml tubes are plain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy BK View Post
    OH really?? If it just says plain yogurt...how can I tell if it's sweetened with honey??
    <wbr>

And actually this week Lil Ones by Dairyland is on sale at Shoppers for just 1.99. So it's good time to try it cause it's less than a half price and this yogurt is great. My husband says that it's probably the best-tasting yogurt in Canada (and he IS really picky guy )

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I read that it's ok to give baby yogurt or cheese after 6 months. They just don't want you to replace formula (or breastmilk) with whole milk until one year. Only yogurt that I read that's good for baby is Stonyfield Vanilla or Brown Cow vanilla. Most other ones are full of sugar and additives and probably better left for older kids.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information