User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Canadian Election 2019

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Some stupid old white man told Jagmeet to take off his turban and be more Canadian. I am ashamed to say this was in Montreal.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Debate.... meh, nothing we don't see in question period every day.

Bloc Quebecois, shameful, disgusting show of arrogance. Not my Quebec. Time to get rid of them forever and deny them their CANADIAN PENSIONS.
    Ciel and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Debate - too much crosstalk, too many on dais - should have been only the top three.

I thought Singh came across the best, actually.
    Patty Smyth and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sunday, I was surprised to see a Canada Votes 2019 segment where the Bloc Quebecois leader had something to say in English to Canadians. At least I have an idea of the leader's name now.

For voters, here's the ID list if you can e-register online-see page 3 of the FAQs (if print the FAQs, the ID list shows on page 3) because you want to have all you need when you head to the advance or voting day poll stations:
    https://ereg.elections.ca/eFAQ.aspx#faq0

In-person poll station ID list: https://www.elections.ca/content2.as...t=index&lang=e

I am aware that in some provinces, residents could pay for their health cards and they really need to check to see if they can use them as ID. I never understood why Elections Canada allows health cards as ID because in Ontario, the Ministry of Health and Long-term Care does not permit non-healthcare use of Ontario health cards-I had a bank tell me a few years ago it could not take OHIP numbers from anyone applying for bank account/services. Thus one really ought to have a photo ID card or driver's license (you cannot have both in Ontario). https://www.ontario.ca/page/what-ohip-covers#section-10
    You can use your health card as a form of identification for other reasons, but no one else canrecord or copy your health card number. If your health card number falls into the wrong hands, it could be used to access to your personal health information or for OHIP fraud.
    I would not recommend using your ON health card as ID. Just don't go there.

I think I am leaning towards the NDP or giving my vote to the Rhinoceros party. Seriously.
    Last edited by Ciel; Tue, Oct 8th, 2019 at 07:26 PM.
    Patty Smyth likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

If you want to see the general polling numbers in your riding go here at CalculatedPolitics.ca https://calculatedpolitics.ca/2019-c...eral-election/

First Past the Post serves none of us, and if the most influential parties get tired of people voting strategically, then maybe they might allow our votes to actually count. Who knows, they might allow us little people to have proptional representation in Parliament.

The race is so tight right now, splitting the vote might not be a luxury we have this election.
    Patty Smyth, walkonby and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A reminder btw, that Nanos polls and Abacus polls need to be taken witha grain of salt due to their ties to the liberal party
    wendymac likes this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last edited by GoodBoy; Sun, Oct 13th, 2019 at 07:18 PM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Polls will motivate everyone, either they motivate voting, or they motivate people to take numbers for granted.
    We voted early, we know who we are supporting in our riding.
    GoodBoy likes this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Interesting the NDP coming out now and saying they will work with any other party to prevent the Conservatives from holding power. Smart move on the NDP part. Push their agenda while supporting the Liberals and their agenda. The result, Conservatives are locked out even if they have the most seats (and no majority).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information