User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree233Likes

Thread: Are Stores REALLY doing all they can to protect their workers or is it BS?

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ty @bhlombardy , this social distancing has not truly hit us yet....just wait till we have done it for a whole month or more.
    Ciel and GoJays like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    ty @bhlombardy , this social distancing has not truly hit us yet....just wait till we have done it for a whole month or more.
    I hope it sticks for good. There aren't many things that bother me more than close talkers.
    Ciel and walkonby like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    I hope it sticks for good. There aren't many things that bother me more than close talkers.
    I would also like to think that some of the other practises are held up... like staying TF home when you're sick.
    Nothing irks me more than people who show up to work who should be home in bed.

Also, the washing of hands. I dont think enough people do this as often as they should either. Not saying, in the normalcy of things, that they need to wash as frequently as currently, but more than once a day.

(Again, just to re-itterate, I'm not an OCD type nor a germophobe, but there are other people at the other end of that spectrum that dont keep their hygeine up at all.)
    Ciel, GoJays, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Aha! Have you never met an 'echo-talker'?
    Ciel and GoJays like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by alex78 View Post
    Aha! Have you never met an 'echo-talker'?
    I know a guy like that... he tries to anticipate what you're going to say when you're telling a group something new so he can feel "as smart" as you.
    whenever I see it coming, I replace the word he's about to mimic with some word that doesnt belong in the context, just to throw him off. Like "banana" or "spaghetti".
    Ciel, GoJays, walkonby and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I just learned a new phrase/word ...." echo-talker ". ty @bhlombardy
    Very annoying to have these types. I wanna scream " just wait and listen till I'm finished my sentence " ( instead of incorrectly guessing what I am saying )

The nap I took between 9 p.m. and midnight sure felt good, however......I am like now.
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

For a couple of years, I've noticed a few Walmart cashiers and fewer cashiers at Fortinos wearing disposable gloves while on checkout duty. So whatever their gloves touch also touches every item in every customer's order.

As for disinfectant spray-both Walmart and Fortinos staff have spray bottles with blue solution--either it's the regular glass cleaner or maybe it's the inexpensive antifreeze solution sold by the jug as grocery stores have small profit margins and keeping costs down is a mantra almost always. I like that wet wipes are still available at Sobeys and Longos for cart wipedowns.

LCBO won't bag customers' purchases in reusable bags now. I guess anyone shopping with a support person in stores has to explain why someone with them is right next to them in each and every store. Almost waiting for a social media hashtag and video and sign to come out of this month.

I can understand the cashiers being reluctant to handle reusable bags due to germ concerns and some bags do look like they have not been cleaned or kept in good repair nor smell very fresh. Guess the hustle by stores to appear green by charging for bags or eliminating them is a double-edged opportunity/danger situation for retailers. Even stores before this pandemic hit here that usually bagged groceries have adopted a let customer bag his or her own bag in some cases unless one bought plastic bags or just waited by the belt for cashier to load order into provided bins/bags. Sobeys has the rotating bag carousel and that usually can slow down a customer doing his or her own bagging unless you can wait for cashier to do it.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

This is not just about the cashiers but also customers-have you seen anyone wipe down their electronic payment cards or loyalty cards or keytags lately before using them in-store? Got your attention.

That said, I'm still steaming over stores that won't take cash but staff can touch plastic cards. Yeesh.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

All the cellphone use in stores by customers and staff-I don't see them being wiped down in between customers or purchases or calls...or placement on hard surfaces...

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Real Canadian Wholesale Club put up shields at their cash registers and tape on the floor where they want to do self distancing.

One Shoppers has a limit of 50 people per store. Anybody remember back in the day, when if you went to Shoppers on a Sunday, they roped of some of the aisles so the 'square footage' of the store met the requirements for being open on a Sunday.

Some Costcos are closing on Sundays. Some are having seniors hours at 8 AM. Other customers can go in at 830 AM. Limited number of people in some warehouses at a time.
    Ciel likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    LCBO won't bag customers' purchases in reusable bags now. I guess anyone shopping with a support person in stores has to explain why someone with them is right next to them in each and every store. Almost waiting for a social media hashtag and video and sign to come out of this month.

I can understand the cashiers being reluctant to handle reusable bags due to germ concerns and some bags do look like they have not been cleaned or kept in good repair nor smell very fresh. Guess the hustle by stores to appear green by charging for bags or eliminating them is a double-edged opportunity/danger situation for retailers. Even stores before this pandemic hit here that usually bagged groceries have adopted a let customer bag his or her own bag in some cases unless one bought plastic bags or just waited by the belt for cashier to load order into provided bins/bags. Sobeys has the rotating bag carousel and that usually can slow down a customer doing his or her own bagging unless you can wait for cashier to do it.
    I haven't seen the following mentioned in this thread yet. From the March 19th, 2020, post on https://www.pcoptimum.ca/galen-updates regarding Shoppers Drug Mart and Loblaw owned grocery stores:
    We will begin temporarily waiving the $0.05 plastic bag fee to discourage the use of reusable bags, and ask those of you who do bring them to bag your own items. It’s that less touching thing again.
    Purdee, Ciel and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by My two Canadian cents View Post
    I haven't seen the following mentioned in this thread yet. From the March 19th, 2020, post on https://www.pcoptimum.ca/galen-updates regarding Shoppers Drug Mart and Loblaw owned grocery stores:
    Thanks for the comment about waiving the bag fee. It was nice to get 4 bags to pack groceries at lunch time shop.
    The line was long so I was able to read 4 magazines
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Thu, Apr 2nd, 2020 at 03:50 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by My two Canadian cents View Post
    I realized this once I was in the store! Perfect!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Thank you My two Canadian centsfor your post
    "I haven't seen the following mentioned in this thread yet. From the March 19th, 2020, post on https://www.pcoptimum.ca/galen-updates regarding Shoppers Drug Mart and Loblaw owned grocery stores:"

I just used the virtual walk-in clinic "maple" and got a new prescription then it was faxed to my preferred SDM. The whole experience was quick and easy. I will get a notification when my prescription is filled. I will pick that up when i pick up milk tomorrow.
    Last edited by Purdee; Thu, Apr 2nd, 2020 at 04:22 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    Thank you My two Canadian centsfor your post
    "I haven't seen the following mentioned in this thread yet. From the March 19th, 2020, post on https://www.pcoptimum.ca/galen-updates regarding Shoppers Drug Mart and Loblaw owned grocery stores:"

I just used the virtual walk-in clinic "maple" and got a new prescription then it was faxed to my preferred SDM. The whole experience was quick and easy. I will get a notification when my prescription is filled. I will pick that up when i pick up milk tomorrow.
    Glad to hear of someone using this service. I was curious if it's user friendly(mobile)?!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Ciel likes this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information