• 5 Post By walkonby
  • 1 Post By Anna Michele
  • 1 Post By walkonby
  • 1 Post By lilo0003

Thread: A million Crock pots recalled Nov 25, 2020

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Personally I do not have a crock pot, but I have owned and used my pressure cooker(s) for years with no issues.

Scary stuff for the many customers that were injured ( burned ).

Almost 1 million Crock-Pots were recalled Tuesday because problems with the lids have led to at least 99 people getting burned.

The Crock-Pot multicookers, manufactured by Sunbeam Products, sometimes become pressurized when the lids are not securely locked, according to the recall notice from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.

At that point, the lids detach, allowing food and liquid to fly into the air. There have been 119 reported incidents resulting in 99 people suffering between first- and third-degree burns, according to the commission.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...23e-story.html
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Personally I do not have a crock pot, but I have owned and used my pressure cooker(s) for years with no issues.

Scary stuff for the many customers that were injured ( burned ).

Almost 1 million Crock-Pots were recalled Tuesday because problems with the lids have led to at least 99 people getting burned.

The Crock-Pot multicookers, manufactured by Sunbeam Products, sometimes become pressurized when the lids are not securely locked, according to the recall notice from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.

At that point, the lids detach, allowing food and liquid to fly into the air. There have been 119 reported incidents resulting in 99 people suffering between first- and third-degree burns, according to the commission.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...23e-story.html
    Yikes, I had a pressure cooker once and I tried to open it too soon never again will I ever use one, I did not get burned but it scared the living beep out of me

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk
    walkonby likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

awww, ikwym @Anna Michele Fear never leaves us, especially close calls.

We were raised in a home where every Sunday my Dad has something going in his massive pressure cooker over the gas flame stove. This metal thing was gargantuan in size. We all were accustomed to the sounds it made and how he would make the final release of the pressure when the food was done.

Only ONCE did I see him crawling towards the stove on hands and knees trying to reach up for the knob to turn off the flame!
    Apparently it was hissing and spitting and even mildly rocking on the stove because he had broken the Cardinal rule.....NEVER leave the room when you work with one of these.

I know many who like you will never go near one.
    For me it is the pressure CANNERS I will never own, also I am terrified of propane BBQ's ( I'll never change a tank ) and ceiling fans above my head!

ha ha We all have something.
    Anna Michele likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Thanks so much for sharing @walkonby . I have this one and fall in that code. DS1 bought it for my birthday although he uses it far more than I do. Honestly I don’t know how you could not line it up to lock it but I will still request a new lid.
    walkonby likes this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Thread Information