User Tag List

Page 1227 of 2054 FirstFirst ... 227 727 1127 1177 1217 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1237 1277 1327 1727 ... LastLast
Results 18,391 to 18,405 of 30801
Like Tree98417Likes

Thread: Fan590 loyalty club

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by habs rule View Post
    Sorry Z-Man, but avatar stays up until the Leafs win a cup! My bet is they are not going to win this year! Any takers! One thing I am tired of hearing is how great Randy Carlyle is, but it is the same old same old, whenever a new coach instills his system and then after 2 or 3 years, a la Ron Wilson, the players don't play for the coach anymore and voila, the media turns on him and the fans soon after! Ron Wilson was a genius in his first 2 years, and what happened, the fans threw him under the bus, and pretty much the same team is there save for Kadri, who should have only been sent down for his first year. Any ways, Leafs have to prove they can win a cup before this or any avatar of mine goes down.
    Point taken, Habs.
    That Avatar of yours may be old and grey before that happens.
    Cheers Habs.
    22hicks, kawam and Savings4me like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Owdatoon View Post
    Habsrule, I believe Randy Carlyle was the Ducks coach when they won the Stanley Cup so he must have something (I remember him as a Leaf player and I liked him, then the Leafs traded him to, at that time their favourite trading partner, Pittsburg).
    Ron Wilson had his opportunity but nothing really developed. I wasn't too impressed with him but it could have been that he didn't have the player talent for the system he was tyring to implement. Never made the playoffs, always seemed to start the season off great and end up like a fish out of water.
    Carlyle reminds me a little of Punch Imlach...don't know why, he doesn't wear a hat...
    As for your avatar, your choice, but remember, you're gonna have to look at that for quite a few decades....and your advertising for the Leafs rather than the team you follow, or are you secretly a die-hard Leaf fan?
    Nice one Owdatoon!!!
    ROMEO, 22hicks, kawam and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks for today's codes.
    ROMEO, 22hicks, habs rule and 2 others like this.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

g.m. every1 - only 2 days till the long w/end
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ROMEO, habs rule, kawam and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Bonus: header
    22hicks, habs rule, kawam and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Blair Bonus Code: header

Romeo kicked my butt that time, plus I spelled it wrong

Congrats Romeo
    Last edited by 22hicks; Wed, Mar 27th, 2013 at 09:21 AM.
    ROMEO, habs rule, kawam and 3 others like this.

Boys of Summer, Go Jays! habs rule's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Owdatoon View Post
    Habsrule, I believe Randy Carlyle was the Ducks coach when they won the Stanley Cup so he must have something (I remember him as a Leaf player and I liked him, then the Leafs traded him to, at that time their favourite trading partner, Pittsburg).
    Ron Wilson had his opportunity but nothing really developed. I wasn't too impressed with him but it could have been that he didn't have the player talent for the system he was tyring to implement. Never made the playoffs, always seemed to start the season off great and end up like a fish out of water.
    Carlyle reminds me a little of Punch Imlach...don't know why, he doesn't wear a hat...
    As for your avatar, your choice, but remember, you're gonna have to look at that for quite a few decades....and your advertising for the Leafs rather than the team you follow, or are you secretly a die-hard Leaf fan?
    Actually, what is my name! Only advertising I need! My avatar is there to promote my disdain for the Leafs, and nothing else!
    BTW, I knew someone would mention the Ducks! If I had Pronger and Niedermayer as my goto wall on defence, it makes the task of being a goalie that much easier. Throw in the likes of Selanne, Perry, Getzlaf, Moen and even Dustin Penner and I could coach that team to a cup final!
    Remember the Leafs brought over the guy that assembled that team, what's his name again, oh yeah Brian Burke, and he could not make the playoffs once in his tenure here. Carlyle if I recall, took over pretty much the same team last year and still did not make the playoffs either.
    Just throwing the facts in there!
    22hicks, kawam, zfurman and 4 others like this.
    Feeling unknown and you're all alone, flesh and bones by the telephone,
    lift up the receiver, I'll make you a believer!
    Take second best, put me to the test, things on your chest, you need to confess!
    I will deliver, you know I'm a forgiver!

Boys of Summer, Go Jays! habs rule's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Forgot one last point and this is the key one to why this or any avatar I have will be up; 1967, the last time the Leafs won a cup!!! This year is the 46th anniversary! Most of our kids, and grandkids don't even know what a Stanley Cup looks like in this town unless they go to the Hockey Hall of Fame! It is a shame that grandparents, then parents and even their kids are brought up to support losing!!
    22hicks, kawam, Savings4me and 3 others like this.
    Feeling unknown and you're all alone, flesh and bones by the telephone,
    lift up the receiver, I'll make you a believer!
    Take second best, put me to the test, things on your chest, you need to confess!
    I will deliver, you know I'm a forgiver!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Women who claim they "love to watch sports" must be treated as spies until they demonstrate knowledge of the game and the ability to pick a Buffalo wing clean.

So, am I for real, or just a spy ??

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The players have to buy into your system of coaching...Montreal has bought into Therrien's (he failed in Pittsburgh) and you know who plays there. Today there are a lot of egos in the dressing rooms. The players, in my opinion, in most professional sports, earn way too much money (except the CFL) and that has a profound effect on any coaches...for the record I didn't like the signing of Brian Burke. The problem in Leafland is that the ACC is always sold out, whether the seats are empty or not, the ticket was paid for. The prices are too high, but that's what the market will bear. People will show up...'cept for me, LOL. Michel Therrien has the Habs playing excellent hockey....and once the Leafs are on the golf course I will be cheering the Bleu, Blanc et Rouge (Montreal not New York). My $ .02...
    22hicks, habs rule, kawam and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

FACTS: Why do Montreal Candians and there fans Deny Territorial rights build there dynasty ? Great franchise give me a break ! Since territorial rights disappeared , 2 cups sine 1980 Same as the Penquins ..Proving once again numbers don't lie ,they have become Stagnant and rather Ordinaty in the hockey world . I think the simple answer is Denial .
    22hicks, kawam, Savings4me and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ROMEO View Post
    FACTS: Why do Montreal Candians and there fans Deny Territorial rights build there dynasty ? Great franchise give me a break ! Since territorial rights disappeared , 2 cups sine 1980 Same as the Penquins ..Proving once again numbers don't lie ,they have become Stagnant and rather Ordinaty in the hockey world . I think the simple answer is Denial .
    Prior to 1967, the Leafs and Canadiens held an advantage. Each NHL franchise had exclusive rights to players within its 50-mile territorial limits. So the Leafs and Canadiens could browse the neighbourhood rinks near Toronto and Montreal at their leisure. Most of these advantages disappeared in 1963 with the introduction of the amateur draft. But the Leafs and Canadiens continued to benefit from players developed under the old system well into the 1970s.
    Montreal Canadiens under Frank Selke and Sam Pollock were instrumental in building a great franchise...they almost always traded seasoned players for draft choices, hence when the dynamic Toronto Marlboro line of Billy Harris, Dave Gardner and Steve Shutt who were drafted something like 1,2,3...Steve Shutt and Dave Gardner both were with Montreal...The Canadiens would limit the ice time of rookies so that they would learn the system of playing in Montreal....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by habs rule View Post
    Forgot one last point and this is the key one to why this or any avatar I have will be up; 1967, the last time the Leafs won a cup!!! This year is the 46th anniversary! Most of our kids, and grandkids don't even know what a Stanley Cup looks like in this town unless they go to the Hockey Hall of Fame! It is a shame that grandparents, then parents and even their kids are brought up to support losing!!
    If I recall correctly, Montreal was the heavied favourite to win the cup (hence Montreal and Toronto for the final) but the "old age" group of Leafs defeated the Habs in I think 6 games....man back in those days, that was hockey...John Ferguson the Canadiens policeman, Eddie Shack (the entertainer) Leafs policeman...hip checks, body checks, sticks were most always on the ice. Back when the players policed the game and not someone sitting in an office..I say eliminate the instigator rule and you'll see less players needlessly hammer guys into the boards cause they won't be protected by the zebras...

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Personally, I just want a Canadian team to bring the cup back to Canada again. It's been 20 years since Lord Stanley has been home.
    ROMEO, 22hicks, habs rule and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Tim & Sid Bonus Code: ​home run

(2 words only)
    Last edited by 22hicks; Wed, Mar 27th, 2013 at 01:19 PM.

Thread Information