User Tag List

Thread: Nokia 3500

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I decided to try out the Nokia 3500 from Fido because I've had positive experiences with this brand in the past. Well, I guess this time, I was wrong.

At first, I was pleased that the phone came with a value pack that included a cigarette charger, headset and case. I also liked the lightweight, candy bar exterior. The back casing also felt nice when cradled in the hand. Then things went downhill from there.

Instead of having raised buttons that are easy to press, Nokia opted for an raised edge around the perimeter of the phone and a lowered keypad so you don't 'push a button by accident'. (Seeing that there is already a keylock function in place, I feel it's being a little too safe. Just like the sim card problem which you'll read about later on.) Aside from feeling odd about that raised edge, this design also wrecked havoc with my carpal tunnel/tennis elbow afflicted wrists/hands for some reason. I had to exert more pressure to press on the buttons as opposed to raised buttons. The middle direction button was also a little strange. It consisted of a square with raised edges all around which u press on, depending on which direction u wanted. That felt uncomfortable on my fingertips.

Putting in the sim card was a feat in itself. Nokia designed it with a little latch and metal holder to secure the card in position. I admit I felt quite confident that my sim card was secure in the phone and there was no way it could possibly move even if I dropped the phone and the battery falls out. Unfortunately, I broke several nails trying to open and close that unusually tight latch.

Opening up the phone, the colors..well, without even looking at the specs, the display looked inferior to the old phone (Ericsson K510a) I was thinking of replacing. I'm sorry to say at this point, I lost all interest in trying fall in love with the new phone.

I realize sometimes it takes time to adjust to new things. Some people may have a strong resistance to letting go of an old phone they're fond of. Perhaps I AM suffering from that, however, the Nokia 3500 failed to lure me away from my Ericsson K510a even with such features as its ability to hold 2000 contacts (does anyone even have that many people to call?). So to each his own, some people may love it, but me? I don't know, I think I may just give this away to a relative.
    This thread is currently associated with: Fido, Guess

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

LOL 2000 contacts! who has 2000 contacts! my phone holds up to 299 and i only have 12

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I've had this same model for about 6 months and certain thins are good but others are crap!
    If anyone can figure out how to make ZERO (0) while texting for example please let me know
    LMAO
    the 0 button makes a SPACE to go to the next word ... and no other button that i can find has the #0 as an option.
    ARGH!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustmebub View Post
    I've had this same model for about 6 months and certain thins are good but others are crap!
    If anyone can figure out how to make ZERO (0) while texting for example please let me know
    LMAO
    the 0 button makes a SPACE to go to the next word ... and no other button that i can find has the #0 as an option.
    ARGH!!
    LOL, took me a while to figure out how to get 0. well you have to press zero twice really fast. it works. good luck on that

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by swallow_046 View Post
    LOL, took me a while to figure out how to get 0. well you have to press zero twice really fast. it works. good luck on that
    no it doesn't work lol

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

nice info

Thread Information