User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There is a place on O'Conner and Victoria Park that sells in bulk pampers and wipes as well as clothes and other goodies for the little one. If you don't use them you can return unused portion to the store.

Care&joy
    I believe that what diaper fits well one child may not fit for another.

Wal-mart diapers leaked the crystal beads onto my DS's skin, so they were out for me. I used to buy Teddy's Choice (Loblaws) but they have changed the amount they have per box, so Pampers is the choice for me, at this moment.

I use the Kirkland wipes. I know a previous poster doesn't like them, but I find them the best. I find Pampers wipes to be too thin. Huggies fold is a pain to unfold when you have a squirmy kid with a poopy bum.

I like that we all can discuss what we prefer, and learn from others shopping experiences!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I use cloth diapers mostly but when I do buy disposables I go to Sam's Club or to Zehrs (Superstore) and get the Teddy Choice kind.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Has anybody considered using cloth as diapers? they are way more environmentally friendly than diapers. Imagine if every household used diapers they would be a landfill enough to fill a continent.

I know celebrities like Kevin Bacon used it for his children and they grew up fine.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Canadamom View Post
    I use cloth diapers mostly but when I do buy disposables I go to Sam's Club or to Zehrs (Superstore) and get the Teddy Choice kind.

Way to go!!! Good for you!

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by blistex View Post
    Has anybody considered using cloth as diapers? they are way more environmentally friendly than diapers. Imagine if every household used diapers they would be a landfill enough to fill a continent.

I know celebrities like Kevin Bacon used it for his children and they grew up fine.
    Hesitated about commenting on this, since diapers are a personal choice per parent.

I take celebrity parenting tips with a grain of salt, since I am fairly certain that THEY aren't personally doing any diaper-changing. Have seen many "Rich and Famous" shows where the celebs pay someone to do things for their kids, ranging from a nanny to a personal hairstylist. Using cloth diapers is easy if you aren't the one scraping the poop off them into the toilet before washing.

Some food for thought:
    * cloth is less absorbent than disposable, so need to be changed more frequently - so you need to buy MANY of them, or do laundry several times a week
    * in the case of poopy diapers, must be scraped off and soaked before washing
    * use more water, electricity and chemicals due to extra laundry loads per week and soaps to clean the diapers and the dirty baby clothes when they leak through
    * Cloth diapers do get stained and need to be bleached - more chemicals
    * need an exterior plastic "diaper baggy" to help the cloth hold in the mess - the plastic can be reused to a certain degree, but eventually gets thrown out as well, so how much trash is saved?
    * convenience - who wants to lug around a dirty cloth diaper with them while out shopping with baby, or when visiting friends?

For all the effort, there is probably a net benefit to the environment, but I don't think it is as much as people may think.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

All very good points Alajen ----- Now there is a sale on Pampers Mega at Price Chopper this week.. $10.99 for sizes 1-6, so get your save.ca coupons and SAVE.. I am fully stocked but somehow tempted to buy more..

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaLisaBoBisa View Post
    All very good points Alajen ----- Now there is a sale on Pampers Mega at Price Chopper this week.. $10.99 for sizes 1-6, so get your save.ca coupons and SAVE.. I am fully stocked but somehow tempted to buy more..
    THANK YOU! i am almost out of diapers and i am not loyal to any brand, i just buy what is on sale.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I do cloth diapers... its way cheaper and todays dipes are so cute! Look up fuzzi bunz and Bumgenius diapers.

You will be surprised how easy they are to use!

C

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love the teddy's choice brand. That's what i use. Soon we will be in pull ups though. No teddy's choice brand for those yet.

bcteagirl
    There is still a net for the environment.. My parents had to use cloth with me.. I had diaper rash otherwise! So if your baby has diaper rash that keeps coming back, try cloth!
    ps- I think they also make thin liners to cut down on cleaning time.. like tissue so biodegradeble (sp?) etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information