User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

I was wondering if you savvy shoppers could give me some gift basket advice. My daughters best friend is turning 13 and I would like to make her a basket. Any ideas to make my money stretch?
    I have some perfume for her that she wanted.. but I would love to add some other little things. Do you think I could make a basket with some Herbal Essence stuff, Satin Care, Bath products to go with it?
    Any other fun ideas?
    Would love all your thoughts
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

i noticed today on the clearence rack at SDM the "hanna montana" stuff was on sale check coupons to see if it matches.....they have done a bnch of stuff with her face on it.....also check the dollar storen for kool stuff

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

This maybe (if you can get ahold of the coupon)?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    92 (100%)

13 might be too young for satin care?
    but when i was 13 we had a no perfume policy at school too so i guess kids today are just ahead of the times..
    olay baskets would still be good, especially moisturizers with SPF (yay summer) and summer cleansers... or you can try getting a neutrogena set (with replacement coupon)
    or the dove go fresh items... sprays, antiperspirants.. they are cute
    with Wagjag(http://www.wagjag.com/?wid=b6d767d2f8ed5d21a44b0e5886680cb9), I've saved @ Umbra store, Windsor Arms Hotel (Afternoon Tea), Fairmont Royal York Hotel Library Bar, Wanda's Pie in the Sky, Hero Burgers, Menchies Frozen Yogurt, AND Curves Fitness! YOU CAN TOO!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Don't forget candy! Seriously, anything bath/spa would be awesome, or you could do like beauty/makeup, they would both go well with the perfume. I'm sure it would be easier to find coupons to go with sales on a bath/spa theme?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Make your own jewelry is always a hit with my grands, as either a sporty girl or a frilly girl they can make what they like.

Trading Score
    154 (100%)

i was gna say..CANDY!! lol
    or any snack food!

Addicted to Smelly things FairyTails's Avatar
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Ok, so my daughter just had her 13th Bday party... Each girl got a Febreeze candle (with a mention to mom that they have it and are not to burn it alone.. Moms LOVED it.. for themselves I think) a Dove body wash and an Herbal Essence shamp & conditioner...

The girls all RAVED! I think you would be a smashing hit with something similar... The cost for me per girl?

Dove Body wash - Free
    Herbal Essence - $1.49 p/bottle
    Febreeze candle = Free

They have no idea though and feel all grown up! Kids ARE very mature these days.. My daughter has been shaving since 11 though.. Mind you, so did I! We both had dark leg hair and got teased in gym. I dont think they are too young for satin care at all!

Addicted to Smelly things FairyTails's Avatar
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

PS - I wouldnt go makeup or anything.. these days they all wear the "good stuff" so little makeup kits and such arent much succes.. My daughters make cost more than mine! (Well eye shadows and such.. body shop etc..) So since they are such a personal thing.. I would steer clear, plus every parent has their own rules in that regard

Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Nail polish is always good too.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Nail polish, nail files, bath stuff (like bath bombs or oil beads), bodywash, hair stuff is always good too! Most girls love good smelly stuff!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I was still into toys and technology at 13 .. times are a changing.. bulk barn candy is good.
    Re-use, Recyle and Repurpose!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

It all depends on the child my baby sister just turned 13 in Jan and she wouldn't use any beauty/bath items. I think it's a difficult age for buying gifts as they are all different. She is just taking notice of boys, so clothes are becoming alittle more important but not as much as when I was that age LOL. Also it would also depend on the parents as I know my father would flip at some of the things mentioned above, so I'd keep that in mind when you make your selections (if your not close to her parents make a freindly call and ask if you decided to go along with a few of the more grown up things if they would mind?) Now to me what would be safe would have anything to do with the hair

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    92 (100%)

cant go wrong with chocolate. and the make-your-own jewellry kits are pretty cool.. and make up wise.. stick to lipglosses and nail polishes since they are just for fun.. didnt someone mention 2pk rimmel items ringing up at $3 at walmart?
    with Wagjag(http://www.wagjag.com/?wid=b6d767d2f8ed5d21a44b0e5886680cb9), I've saved @ Umbra store, Windsor Arms Hotel (Afternoon Tea), Fairmont Royal York Hotel Library Bar, Wanda's Pie in the Sky, Hero Burgers, Menchies Frozen Yogurt, AND Curves Fitness! YOU CAN TOO!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kiwis-mom View Post
    Nail polish, nail files, bath stuff (like bath bombs or oil beads), bodywash, hair stuff is always good too! Most girls love good smelly stuff!

I totally agree, my 10 yr old loves nail polish and anything conected to being pampered. Body wash, own shampoo, etc.

A small gift card may be nice as well...claires or ardenes. The girls around here love ardenes.

I wouldn't worry if there school is scent free, because they will still wear it outside of school.

Don't forget gum.....every kid loves gum!!!

Don't forget to post a pic. when your finshed

Fairytails is right on the candle too - my littleone is constantly wanting all my glade especially the gingerbread scent....not to light but just as a little fragrance in her room. Anything that is safe but seems grown up - they will love it.
    Last edited by redmouse; Mon, May 4th, 2009 at 06:44 PM.
    Want to be like Redmouse? * Join me here at SC * Tell them Redmouse sent you!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information