User Tag List

Page 2548 of 2552 FirstFirst ... 1548 2048 2448 2498 2538 2546 2547 2548 2549 2550 ... LastLast
Results 38,206 to 38,220 of 38276
Like Tree169192Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

@harbie i have only discovered black bean burgers last year. I'm not a big meat eater and my hubby is so I usually get a chicken burger whenever we go to a burger joint and I get tired of that. Lately, more restaurants are offering plant based and black bean burgers. I don't care for the plant based ones but the black bean ones are yummy.

Last nite, i made samosas with the dough from scratch. I usually buy puff pastry - not traditional but it was quick. Yesterday, I decided to make the dough and it was too much work for the dough after a long day at work and we didn't like it as much. The puff pastry has a fluffy and soft texture. So I won't make samosa dough anymore. I also bought frozen green onion cakes from a local asian supermarket. The last time also was the first time I bought a pack I pan fried it and it did not turn out as good as at the restaurants here. Last nite, i after i deep fried the samosas, i placed a frozen green onion cake into the same oil to cook it and it turned out perfect just like at the restaurants. I rarely deep fry food from frozen because of the water particles interacting with the hot oil and splashes; it scares me. Deep frying is mostly my hubby's job. Anyway, now i can have green onion cakes any time I want. Restaurants charge $4 to $8 per cake. Home based businesses charge about $2/cake. I paid $5.59 for a pack of 4 at the local asian supermarket and now that i've figured out how to cook them i won't be buying them at restaurants i have tried making green onion cakes at home and kinda failed because i could not roll the dough out thin enough - i have weak muscles hahahaha.

Name:  20240229_200021.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  105.7 KB
    Last edited by Purdee; Fri, Mar 1st, 2024 at 12:37 PM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Yesterday early morning was filled with an appt., then zonking out for about 3 hours once I got back home.
    So when I woke up I panicked thinking there was nothing for the guys work meals! Downstairs freezer to the rescue. I had exactly 3
    squares of my lasagna in there from Christmas Eve. Thawed them, then filled their glass containers. They were none the wiser.
    harbie, Tweets77 and SassyAshley like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Homemade pizza tonight.
    harbie, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Both Dh and I were full from our lunches ( the leftover black bean burgers and toppings) so dinner tonight was grilled peanut butter and banana sandwiches. Dh was happy and we’re both full.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Tonight I made a broccoli soup. It was so good and fresh tasting with the addition of dill, etc…

https://www.loveandlemons.com/vegan-broccoli-soup/

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

It'll be an early dinner celebration at The Keg for my sister-in-law's birthday!! We reserved a table for 6. Mmmmm.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Originally I was planning on making Dutch Oven Roast Chicken (OH MY GOSH so good) but time got away from me this afternoon and I missed getting it in the oven so plan B it is:

Feta Baked Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes, Lemon Orzo and Roasted Lemon Asparagus.

2 New recipes in one night, who am I (let's be honest I was stressed trying to keep on top of both recipes but I have high hopes).
    harbie and walkonby like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I'm officially off the hook to cook! DH made his beef barley soup, a batch of spaghetti with meat sauce and there are 2 of my homemade cooked burgers left over from the weekend.
    That translates to 3 work meals for the guys. There's lots of fresh veggies, salad options to pair with their main dish. That leaves Friday. I might feel generous by then and rustle them up something...lol.
    harbie and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Split pea and lentil soup

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

alfredo pasta with turkey and steamed broccoli on the side

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Rats, the prepared food we had seems to be running out, so I boiled a batch of frozen perogies up. It served another purpose as I had a full unopened tub of sour cream with a BB of Feb 28th! Luckily it was perfectly fine. Being unopened helped I think. We have 3/4 of a pkg of bacon in the meat drawer, might consider that for a breakfast for dinner option for the guys Friday work meal.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hubby BBQd some burgers for dinner.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

The last 2 nights have not been the best, by the time I was done work, I was done.

But tonight we are back on track, I am making a Dutch Oven Chicken that is OH MY GOSH amazing. I made it a month or so ago, you roast the veggies under the Chicken in the Dutch Oven and coat the Chicken in a Lemon Butter Spread, so so good.

Thinking just because I can, I may also make some Asparagus on the side as well.
    harbie and walkonby like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Silly me, I sort of promiused the guys a BBQ steak dinner with baked potato and steamed asparagus. That intention was made last night but I am not feeling like cooking in the lousy wet-ish weather. Maybe tomorrow. No one seems especially eager for a large meal atm.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Lasagne

Thread Information