Oshawa (ON) Store - Taunton Road East

I don't know what they did up there, but they are over the top friendly and helpful now. A year ago I wouldn't set foot in there because they were so rude and disinterested. The past couple of months I've been doing some major & minor DIY projects, which have involved many, many trips to Home Depot, sometimes twice a day. Every single time I go in there, I am greeted by every associate that crosses my path, and asked if I need assistance. Not snarky asking, but like they actually want to help. And when I say yes, they really what they're talking about.

Today I went in for some supplies I needed to replace my bathroom faucet. The associate who helped me was a retired plumber - he told me which of the things on my list I didn't need, and what I really needed, then he took me over to the faucet display and showed me how to do the job. He must have spent at least 15 minutes with me, explaining all the steps, giving me tips and reassuring me that I could do it.

That's just today's trip, I've had people climb up and get lumber down for me, pick out my nails, caulking, tools, you name it. In fact, it's almost to the point where I don't even bother looking for anything, I just say what I need and why and they hand it to me

I don't know if all the stores are like this now, but my husband was in the Whitby store and also raved about great service. Whatever they're doing, it's a huge improvement and I hope it continues.