User Tag List

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

I was on a 90 second mission to pick up muscle relaxants (after a morning of amusement park roller coaster riding...long story) and whipped into SDM. They had packets of 50 lifebrand generic on sale for 19.99. It was on sale from 25.99. It rang through at 21.99. I immediately had him do a pricecheck. I have never been in the position of a SCOP moment over $10.00 so did not know how to handle it. Normally if under $10 you get the item for free. So I asked "so how does that work with SCOP?". I got a "Huh?" in reply. I then said "shouldn't I get 10.00 off?" The cashier got huffy at this point and I got prepared to call in a supervisor or manager. He then growled and said he would give me the $10.00 off. I looked when I got back in the vehicle. He clearly was not going to give me the SCOP and had no intention of giving the $10 off as the receipt showed:

$21.99
    -$21.99 void
    $19.99
    -$19.99 void

Interesting. I am no longer shy about speaking up and it is paying off. Just yesterday at a different SDM I was double charged for an item I had only one of. I showed them before the transaction was closed and they removed the item. When I got home I realized they failed to charge me for another item. I refuse to go back and pay for my covergirl makeup as feel the item they doublecharged me for should have been treated like a SCOP - plus the fact that we shouldn't have to review every transaction on every receipt (I did not realize they failed to charge me it until AFTER I got home - I don't have time for this!). I have had 3 SCOP situations since January totalling $23.

My husband was amazed and insists he is checking all his receipts from now on. I just wonder how many times I have been ripped off in the past. Thanks to SC I now have my list of SCOP stores and am telling everyone I know about SCOP.

On a side note I found a bunch of new Myoflex coupons in SDM that can be stacked at LD with the save.ca ones. What a great 90 second shopping trip!
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs, Pharmaprix, Save.ca Coupons, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by Cheapnik; Sun, Apr 26th, 2009 at 06:47 PM.
    2010: won $4050 in contests! 2011: won $2160 in contests! 2012: won $86 in contests! 2013: won $137 in contests!
    Earned $320 so far in amazon gift cards on Swagbucks.com !
    Check out Cheapniks blog: Living Rich On The Cheap

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Fantastic!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Unfortunately I would say we have all been ripped off quite a bit, especially on a large grocery order. You have to keep an eye on the scanner, an eye on the kid, and an eye on how she puts the coupons through, it's quite an exercise. LOL

Oh yes and just because the cash register tells them how much money to give you as change don't count on it being correct. One more eye!! That's 4 eyes. Somewhere in there is a joke but I digress.

Keep on SCOPing.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

Normally if under $10 you get the item for free.
    Is that right? How I can find out this information?

Trading Score
    194 (100%)

nice!
    Want Amazon.ca or other gift cards? Join Swagbucks and Irazoo! $515 redeemed to date.

My blog: http://seapotato.blogspot.com/

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Congratulations !! I`m quite shy and hate confrontation, specially since my english is not perfect and I have an accent. I find myself strugling all the time, but I learned so much since I became part of the forum ! I`m learning so much

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    134 (100%)

I have noticed a few times now (after the fact) that the cashier has entered my coupons wrong and of course not to my benefit. It really is too hard to watch everything when you have babies with you!
    jax

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I was at Iga Market Place this weekend and the cashier rang in my Kellogg"s Special K bars at 5.49 when the sale price was 2.99 I pointed that out to her and she got pissed off and called for a price check. When they came back and said I was right I went on to explain scope to her.She said that that will never happen in this store.Then I mentioned to her that the sale had been on all week and lot's of people would have over paid.She said nothing! She did'nt even go and have it re-entered at the right price. Every body just has to check there receipt every time the shop!
    </A" target="_blank"></A< a>

Coupon Collector
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Anybody looking for SCOP information can look at this page which shows the guidelines and a list of participants.

Or DOWNLOAD this pdf brochure for the cashier.

Thanks to Retail Council of Canada for hosting these informative pages.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

Thanks for the information.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks this is great informoation...I never knew any of this ....so thank you again

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheapnik View Post
    Just yesterday at a different SDM I was double charged for an item I had only one of. I showed them before the transaction was closed and they removed the item. When I got home I realized they failed to charge me for another item. I refuse to go back and pay for my covergirl makeup as feel the item they doublecharged me for should have been treated like a SCOP - plus the fact that we shouldn't have to review every transaction on every receipt
    Sorry why should the item "they" doublecharged for you be free? Have you ever worked as a cashier? at a grocery store? or any similar type of store? No one ever doublescans on purpose, trust me, those scanners can scan things multiple times before anyone notices, yes, the cashier should be watching for the beeping sounds, but that's pretty rude to assume they do it on purpose. And trust me your covergirl was stolen, no ifs ands or butts.

Being doublecharged is a cashier error, not a "scanning" error (read "SCOP"), talk to their supervisor, or the manager, tell them to slow down.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    Sorry why should the item "they" doublecharged for you be free? Have you ever worked as a cashier? at a grocery store? or any similar type of store? No one ever doublescans on purpose, trust me, those scanners can scan things multiple times before anyone notices, yes, the cashier should be watching for the beeping sounds, but that's pretty rude to assume they do it on purpose. And trust me your covergirl was stolen, no ifs ands or butts.

Being doublecharged is a cashier error, not a "scanning" error (read "SCOP"), talk to their supervisor, or the manager, tell them to slow down.

I never asked for the double item to be SCOPd. Just asked him to remove it. I was frustrated as twice in two days screwups at SDM. I am just sick of having receipts incorrect. And yes, I have been a cashier, a waitress, a cleaner etc. Every kind of service job you can imagine.
    2010: won $4050 in contests! 2011: won $2160 in contests! 2012: won $86 in contests! 2013: won $137 in contests!
    Earned $320 so far in amazon gift cards on Swagbucks.com !
    Check out Cheapniks blog: Living Rich On The Cheap

Thread Information