User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    66 (100%)

I haven't had much luck with South Common. Best luck with established 51st Edmonton South location but not with price matching - frankly have not tried. I always stack instore and manufactured coupons though...never been an issue. Every time I stack it is a bit like going to the dentist and if you make it out without issue winning the lotto. My stomach goes flippety floppety as I just want to follow the rules but who the heck knows what LD rules are anymore
    2010: won $4050 in contests! 2011: won $2160 in contests! 2012: won $86 in contests! 2013: won $137 in contests!
    Earned $320 so far in amazon gift cards on Swagbucks.com !
    Check out Cheapniks blog: Living Rich On The Cheap

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Im sorry to hear the problems youve all been having. I have Pmed multiples item and used coupons and have never had a problem. Ive also used say $12 worth of coupons on a $11.99 product.?.?.?
    The only thing Im worried about now is my regular cashier just went on mat leave so Im hoping her replacement will know the ropes well like she did!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by oogieboogie View Post
    I'm in Ontario and have never had the pleasure of the LD. I'm just curious as to when this bargain-deal train is going to come to a grinding halt. I love seeing posts from LD'ers on how they PM'd and stacked and got $400 worth of product for free but nothing that good lasts.

There's a reason why different stores charge diff. prices, not everyone has the immense buying power that Walmart does. Each time you PM Walmart at LD you are creating "loss leaders" for LD- far more than they can profitably withstand.

LD may also be experiencing delays or problems recouping money from a single manufacturer on multiple coupons.

Hey enjoy it while it lasts. I don't see it continuing. Companies only continue those activities which are profitable. Nothing more nothing less.
    I agree, although I do wish I could do this in Ontario...while it lasts! I've always believed strongly that nothing is ever truly free. So enjoy it while it lasts!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (98%)

I have experienced similar in Victoria. I was able to PM, but they had to phone the store (WM). She only allowed me to use one coupon. PM'ing was too much trouble in my opinion, so I'm just stacking now and have success with that more often than not. I can usually accumulate enough coupons to make my purchases substantially cheaper than if I were to purchase it anywhere else.

Trading Score
    31 (100%)

IMHO, I highly doubt they are losing money by allowing customers to pm and stack coupons on the same item. Pm-ing is what they do to stay competitive, they want you as a customer. And when you stack coupons, they are reimbursed by the manufacturer, if they can prove they have sold that much of that item in the last 90 days. Both wm and ld are mega-large stores and surely move plenty of product, of which only a fraction have been bought using coupons. Would you question ld on selling 200 bottles of bodywash in the last 3 months? When there are good sales on, people stock up on stuff even without coupons! I don't see the problem here... Even with some of the humungous stashes we've seen here at sc, it's peanuts compared to the big picture.

omg, I'm ranting. I'm done now. sorry

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

I totally agree Loneranger.

Wish me luck as I'm heading out later in the day to try and pm and use my coupons at a different location. I've been meaning to email head office to ask them what exactly is their policy. If I could stop looking at my coupons and flyers for a minute I might actually get it done. LOL
    Don't forget to click the green up arrow if you like someones post!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I did send an email to LD asking for a copy of their coupon policy and asked a few specific questions (can you stack & what are rules, can you PM and rules, and can the two becombined). The reply I got back was:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding coupon redemption.

Due to the large amount of coupon inquiries we have been receiving, we are currently reviewing our coupon redemption policies. We don't have a written policy to quote you but are trying to accommodate both our customers and vendors alike, so as not to abuse the redemption process.

In response to your questions:

We will accept more than one coupon, if they are of a different media source and do not exceed the price of the product. The expiry date must not have been exceeded and coupon is redeemable in Canada.

We will price match but not a Club/card offer, the item must be identical and in stock at the competitor. Please note that we are only obligated to price match one item or as per management discretion if additional product is requested to be price matched.

You are able to use coupons with a price match as long as it does not exceed the price, must not exceed expiry date and is redeemable in Canada.

If you should have any further questions upon presentation of coupons, please don't hesitate to contact store management for assistance at time of redemption.

Thank you again for your time to contact us with your inquiry.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

x
    Last edited by zoro; Sun, Jul 26th, 2009 at 02:48 PM.

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Thanks for posting that Neenerz

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

i emailed LD, got confirmation that PM is allowed with coupon stacking

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    197 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nickie_anne View Post
    i went to the LD in west ed and they wouldnt let me use my skitimate coupons because it was a $2 coupon and the skintimate was 1.99
    I've had that happen too..next time, just tell them to input 1.99 and tell them they get $2 back on the coupon, anyway.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    197 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by daphne010180 View Post
    i emailed LD, got confirmation that PM is allowed with coupon stacking
    Never had a problem here in Winnipeg...the cashier even pointed out a cheaper price on band-aids for me once. LOL

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Divine,
    stay away from the 51 ave location for price matching, the male manager is an A**HOLE! He was SO rude to me and told me that ALL LD had changed their policy and no longer allow PM'ing and coupons, even just one coupon. I told him that he was full of crap (nicely of course) and left every things there, and went to the Wye RD in sherwood park locaiton and she was a sweetheart, she called her manager just to confirm for me and they said yes. Just to make my day better, I took my receipt ( which had 8 venus razors PM'd to RCSS for 8 bucks and 6 to 8 dollars in coupons each plus other price matches) and went back to the 51 ave locaton and showed him and he told me that that location screwed up and yadada and he was right. So since I haven't touched that location and hav no desire to!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abl1006 View Post
    Divine,
    stay away from the 51 ave location for price matching, the male manager is an A**HOLE! He was SO rude to me and told me that ALL LD had changed their policy and no longer allow PM'ing and coupons, even just one coupon. I told him that he was full of crap (nicely of course) and left every things there, and went to the Wye RD in sherwood park locaiton and she was a sweetheart, she called her manager just to confirm for me and they said yes. Just to make my day better, I took my receipt ( which had 8 venus razors PM'd to RCSS for 8 bucks and 6 to 8 dollars in coupons each plus other price matches) and went back to the 51 ave locaton and showed him and he told me that that location screwed up and yadada and he was right. So since I haven't touched that location and hav no desire to!
    i emailed LD HO regarding this location and troubled i had with pm and coupons. response i got was pm is valid with coupons and stacking of coupons, same coupon rules apply of course.

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Yep that would be the location that screwed me over. I was having the best day too and I ended up leaving most of my stuff as he wouldn't let me pm and use coupons.
    Needless to say he has lost me as a customer and I will never shop at that location again. I went to South Common the other night and had a great time there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information