User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

i think we should make a list of the WM we all have gone to and had problems iwth so we are prepared. that way it makes it easier.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Airline_guy24 View Post

It certainly is not the cashiers fault,
    I boiled your post down to this statement. So you're saying the cashier not understanding the meaning of the word "any" is not their fault. I understand that there is a lack of communication at WM in regards to their coupon policy, but not understanding what the word "any" means really shouldn't fully be blamed on not knowing the policy. Sometimes it just takes your own common sense.

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

I used this coupon just b4 Fathers Day with no problems at our WM for Phemon & also at Zellers for the Fusion...
    I would call Head Office too & speak to manager....or try another WM if close by...

Maybe we should carry this with us!

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/any

<DD class=hwrd><SUP>1</SUP>any </DD><DT class=pron>Pronunciation: <DD class=pron>\ˈe-nē\ </DD><DT class=func>Function: <DD class=func>adjective </DD><DT class=ety>Etymology: <DD class=ety>Middle English, from Old English ǣnig; akin to Old High German einag any, Old English ān one — more at one </DD><DT class=date>Date: <DD class=date>before 12th century </DD>1: one or some indiscriminately of whatever kind: a: one or another taken at random <ask any man you meet> b: every —used to indicate one selected without restriction <any child would know that> 2: one, some, or all indiscriminately of whatever quantity: a: one or more —used to indicate an undetermined number or amount <have you any money> b: all —used to indicate a maximum or whole <needs any help he can get> c: a or some without reference to quantity or extent <grateful for any favor at all> 3 a: unmeasured or unlimited in amount, number, or extent <any quantity you desire> b: appreciably large or extended <could not endure it any length of time>

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

If the razor wasn't only $5 you would have no problem using a $5 coupon to pay for it, when cashiers see a coupon close to the product price it automatically causes some to get uncomfortable.

Trading Score
    287 (100%)

Even though my WM sucks I have never had any issues with coupons. I purchased 6 of the razors this week with the $5 coupons, no problem, and I had 6 $1 coupons for the Majesta tp that was on sale for $1. Everything went through without a hitch although the cashier was a little too quick and scanned a few too many but quickly did the correction. Maybe I should start submitting compliments for the cashiers that don't give me a hard time with coupons, perhaps this will make some of them not so afraid of them Sorry for those that have problems, seems like it's hit or miss.
    I have started a new venture with South Hill Designs (customizable lockets and bracelets). Check out my website to learn more
    http://www.southhilldesigns.com/ca/olganorris/default

Trading Score
    49 (100%)

had no probs using this $5 coupon for any Fusion Razor at WM (Square One or SuperCentre)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

[quote=ycx21;1088518]read through some of the posts and i can really relate

wal-mart gives me the most trouble for my coupons, especially the markville location (which im guessing is where you went)

You guessed correctly! It was the WM at Markville

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wonders why, if so many people have such problems using coupons at WM, and with general customer service, do you still shop there???

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Low Everyday Prices/ Great Selection/ and why let a few bad cashiers scare you away when in general its fine.
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Update: the manager from the WM I visited just called me, and said I was right in attempting to use the gilette fusion coupon towards the Gilette fusion Phenom. So if anyone is planning on visiting the WM at Markville in Markham, hopefully there wont be any problems with using the gilette coupon.

Thank you to all the lovely SCs for their feedback and comments.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I work at WM, and it depends on which cashier you get. I read the "ANY" correctly, and I would of let it through. But you can't base it on every WM or every cashier or every manager. You should of just tried another cash. But it is possible it could of said "ANY power one" aswell. Sometimes there is fine prints on the coupon explaining more details, that's why when we are handed a coupon, most of us takes our time to read ALL of it and to check the date.

It is true no one is on the same page, as airline_guy24 said, i may accept you but my coworker may reject you. We cashiers are trying to do the job right, and we ALWAYS get the complains if the price tag isn't on, or if the price is wrong or anything else. It's not our departement, and we try to help the best we can, and we still get those grumpy comments, it's annoying. There's a person to complain too : the manager, not the cashier.
    Goodluck on the coupons!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coupon_Queen View Post
    Update: the manager from the WM I visited just called me, and said I was right in attempting to use the gilette fusion coupon towards the Gilette fusion Phenom. So if anyone is planning on visiting the WM at Markville in Markham, hopefully there wont be any problems with using the gilette coupon.

Thank you to all the lovely SCs for their feedback and comments.

Oh good, I am glad it worked out for you.. well seems to be working out for you

Its unfortunate that you had to take all this effort to get this result but sometimes you just have to i guess.. Congrats on a good outcome

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    I boiled your post down to this statement. So you're saying the cashier not understanding the meaning of the word "any" is not their fault. I understand that there is a lack of communication at WM in regards to their coupon policy, but not understanding what the word "any" means really shouldn't fully be blamed on not knowing the policy. Sometimes it just takes your own common sense.

Perhaps a re-read is in order, thank-you have a lovely day.

Trading Score
    422 (99%)

hahaha, that's hilarious I'm gonna do it hand them that when they start with the ANY and no...it's only the one shown on the coupon, however I guess I'm really lucky walmart is one of the best places for coupons for me, hardly ever have problems with coupons. Did get a new lady the other day who gave her supervisor a dirty look after the supervisor told her that yes, I could get the full amount off of the coupon, even though the product was less than the coupon price, I love my walmart, they always give me the full coupon value which goes towards my other purchases. Bought 12 of the astro yogurt cups yesterday, pricematched price chopper 2/$1 so $6 went towards my other purchases. The new cashier looked so pissed off that I was getting free stuff lol
    I got 6 of the Gilette Fusion razors yesterday, no problem, sorry you couldn't use yours

Maybe we should carry this with us!

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/any

<dd class="hwrd"><sup>1</sup>any </dd><dt class="pron">Pronunciation: </dt><dd class="pron">\ˈe-nē\ </dd><dt class="func">Function: </dt><dd class="func">adjective </dd><dt class="ety">Etymology: </dt><dd class="ety">Middle English, from Old English ǣnig; akin to Old High German einag any, Old English ān one — more at one </dd><dt class="date">Date: </dt><dd class="date">before 12th century </dd>1: one or some indiscriminately of whatever kind: a: one or another taken at random <ask>any man you meet> b: every —used to indicate one selected without restriction <any child would know that> 2: one, some, or all indiscriminately of whatever quantity: a: one or more —used to indicate an undetermined number or amount <have you="">any money> b: all —used to indicate a maximum or whole <needs>any help he can get> c: a or some without reference to quantity or extent <grateful for="">any favor at all> 3 a: unmeasured or unlimited in amount, number, or extent <any quantity you desire> b: appreciably large or extended <could not="" endure="" it="">any length of time>[/quote]

</could></grateful></needs></have></ask>

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

I used one today at my Walmart (Wye road Sherwood Park AB) and no problemo, the girl commented happily - you got that for free....my response: yes I did! They don't seem to hassle me there. Another free fusion for thrifty hubby.
    2010: won $4050 in contests! 2011: won $2160 in contests! 2012: won $86 in contests! 2013: won $137 in contests!
    Earned $320 so far in amazon gift cards on Swagbucks.com !
    Check out Cheapniks blog: Living Rich On The Cheap

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information