User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mommy of 3 boys
    Trading Score
    -1 (0%)

So, my phone has been off for more than a month, since around June 3 or so... I paid $40 on it at the begining of July and another $100 today and I looked at my bill online, and they still charged me my monthly fees from june-july even though it was off for all of those days, my billing cycle is the 13th of the month, so I didn't have it on for an entire cycle, yet they're still charging me the $50 monthly fee. Is this allowed? I thought if your phone wasn't on they didn't charge you for that month? Please help!
    This thread is currently associated with: Fido

Sleep Deprived
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

if u still have a contract w/ them, then it doesn't matter if u haven't used the phone and left it off, they would still continue to charge u. try calling fido customer service and see what they have to say. although imo, their CS is pretty crappy. good luck!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They don't stop charging you if you have your cell phone off. They don't know that. There all still fees you have to pay, and you have a monthly plan and it's your choice to not use your minutes, but you are still charged. If you don't need your cell phone for a few months, check with your provider to see if you can put a hold on your cell phone - you'd still pay but it would be less.

Hope this helps,

Alice.

Mommy of 3 boys
    Trading Score
    -1 (0%)

no they suspended my acct. so its off because they shut it off, so they do know that its off.

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe if your account is suspended for non-payment, they can still charge you a monthly fee if you are on contract with them. The only way out of this is to pay the cancellation fee.....

Mommy of 3 boys
    Trading Score
    -1 (0%)

I've been trying to pay to get it caught up, but its hard because its a blackberry and it needs to have the smart phone thing, so I have to pay double kwim? So, trying to catch up by paying $100/mnth gets me no where really when half of that is paying for a month I'm not even using.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

phone customer service to see what they can do to help you get it all sorted out ... if they are of no help ask to speak to a supervisor

Mommy of 3 boys
    Trading Score
    -1 (0%)

they're no help, their customer service sucks! they said it was on the back of my contract, AND she tried using this as an "example"

"If you go out of town for 2 months, you still pay your cable bill" I said... no there is a difference, if I go out of town I CHOOSE not to use my cable, AND my cable is still connected if I so choose to go back home and watch I can." Then I told her if the cable company suspends a service they don't make you pay for it, which coincidentally is the same company that bought Fido out, and she said I was wrong... can you believe it... she told me I was WRONG, when I've been "suspended" from some of my services and they just cut the price back for me! So, at the rate they're going, it will be 2 months before I can get my phone hooked up, and they'll charge me $150 for services I'm not using.... cuz I totally have that much money to just flush down the toilet.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Ughh I dislike FIDO CS so much. So useless.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I've had three friends tell me for the love of God, do not use Fido

So I don't

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Sometimes it pays to cut your losses and pay the cancellation fee. It's too bad you're stuck paying for something you can't even use

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

cell phone companies, dont you just love em?? tsk Im tired of them, so I just use telus pay as you go with unlimited txt and incoming calls each month, for about 60$ flat fee no extra charges.
    Shop,Free Products,Earn Money Now $$
    http://www.idakoos.com/a/trixyrox

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

I used to be with Fido years ago. When I finally cancelled my account I kept getting transferred to different people to ask why i wanted to cancel. So annoying. Anyway, get Pay as you go. So much easier and cheaper if you don't use your phone that much. I'm with Virgin mobile now.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cookieface View Post
    I used to be with Fido years ago. When I finally cancelled my account I kept getting transferred to different people to ask why i wanted to cancel. So annoying. Anyway, get Pay as you go. So much easier and cheaper if you don't use your phone that much. I'm with Virgin mobile now.
    I love Virgin mobile, but they barely ever get new phone models it seems. I've been considering switching to another carrier but I think this has convinced me to stick it out until they have something I want!
    Join Swagbucks for free GCs & prizes, just by searching: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Chicka
    PM me for a Lockerz.com invite.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Tiffany View Post
    they're no help, their customer service sucks! they said it was on the back of my contract, AND she tried using this as an "example"

"If you go out of town for 2 months, you still pay your cable bill" I said... no there is a difference, if I go out of town I CHOOSE not to use my cable, AND my cable is still connected if I so choose to go back home and watch I can." Then I told her if the cable company suspends a service they don't make you pay for it, which coincidentally is the same company that bought Fido out, and she said I was wrong... can you believe it... she told me I was WRONG, when I've been "suspended" from some of my services and they just cut the price back for me! So, at the rate they're going, it will be 2 months before I can get my phone hooked up, and they'll charge me $150 for services I'm not using.... cuz I totally have that much money to just flush down the toilet.
    As a rule when an account is suspended due to non payment most times you do have to pay it back.Some time if you if you can't pay it all back they are willing to help out a n't get the idea that if you don't pay a bill for months thats it you will never have to pay it back.As i said a rule you will have to be it all at once or if you can get a deal.As for your case if i were you i would pay it as the last thing you want is it going to collections.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information