User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

I noticed a few items I have bought at LD in the past 2 weeks are on sale now in their flyer plus in other store flyers. The LD website states
    We guarantee the best price
    We offer what you need at a price that’s right. If you find the same merchandise advertised in print at a lower price, we’ll match that price. Even if you find that lower advertised price after you buy, we’ll step up and match that price for 30 days.*

Are they pretty good at giving the money back if I bring in the ads? Also is it going to matter that I used coupons? (Though it shouldn't) Also do I have to go to the same location that I bought from?

Update- I went to the store I purchased from and asked the cs desk if I could do pm from last week purchases to this week. She said sure. When it came to my bigger purchases I asked again and she called the manager and asked him "Can she do a PM on items that had a lot of coupons?" he replied "Yes she can." Total back was $18.
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs
    Last edited by Divine~Miss~M; Thu, Jul 23rd, 2009 at 05:19 AM. Reason: update added
    Don't forget to click the green up arrow if you like someones post!

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Anyone know?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

i am pretty sure they pm their own price if you still have the receipt. i did manage to get the difference back one time. but honestly most of the time i don't even bother since i already get most of the stuff for free or next to free. personally i would use the policy to my advantage only if i actually paid for the purchase (after coupons and all) but not to make $$ (if its something i only paid taxes for after super-stacking on coupons)

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Judging by that pink text, it sounds like they will pm up to 30 days.
    That is a pretty awesome deal, most people probably never think to go back though.

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Well the items that have gone on sale would equal $23.
    Regardless of using coupons they can't give me those back and it's like cash. I wouldn't have had to use as many on some of the items, thus giving me more coupons to buy more items. LOL

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Divine~Miss~M View Post
    Well the items that have gone on sale would equal $23.
    Regardless of using coupons they can't give me those back and it's like cash. I wouldn't have had to use as many on some of the items, thus giving me more coupons to buy more items. LOL
    if the items were purchased at LD and the price goes down a week later they will give you the difference back - no coupons involved. so if the items were fully paid for through coupon stacking they'd have to give you cash back, which would go against their policy of not allowing coupons to exceed price of product. so unless you actually paid for those items even after stacking coupons, there's really no sense in asking for the difference back.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Am I reading this right: the OP wants to get money refunded that she didn't actually spend?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Divine~Miss~M View Post
    I noticed a few items I have bought at LD in the past 2 weeks are on sale now in their flyer plus in other store flyers. The LD website states
    We guarantee the best price
    We offer what you need at a price that’s right. If you find the same merchandise advertised in print at a lower price, we’ll match that price. Even if you find that lower advertised price after you buy, we’ll step up and match that price for 30 days.*

Are they pretty good at giving the money back if I bring in the ads? Also is it going to matter that I used coupons? (Though it shouldn't) Also do I have to go to the same location that I bought from?
    Hi there!

I'm new to this board, but I do know someone who works at LD in Burnaby. She has gotten in trouble many times because of the number of mistakes she has made with coupon people. She thinks they are all nice, but she can't always let too much go. She has learned a lot about coupon stacking and pm, so she is probably the person with the best answers on what's acceptable and not acceptable.
    According to my friend, LD will pm within 30 days, but it's hard to pm if the customer is already getting the item for free with the stack of coupons he/she has already used. Also, she says they can only use coupons that are in English and a Canadian mailing address. She has so many French and U.S. mailing coupons. Can you imagine the amount of money she has lost for the company ?
    Last edited by dukedog; Tue, Jul 21st, 2009 at 11:00 PM. Reason: typo

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

If noo coupons and PM involved, LD will honour. Ootherwise, I don't know and I don't think so. You'd better go to LD and ask them.

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Ok example. Last week I paid 7.99 for an item with a $3 off coupon. Now the same item is 6.99 in store. Wouldn't that still qualify as a pm?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So, after bying it for $4.99,, you want to get another dollar from LD?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

i see no problem asking for the difference back since you did pay out of pocket $4.99. i mean what's the difference if you were to return the item then buy it again for $6.99 (without using coupon of course). i don't think thats considered taking advantage of the company. that said though, honestly i don't think i'd have them adjust the price for a buck or two, since their coupon policy that allows stacking has already saved me a lot of money, they deserve to make a buck or two more off of me every so often LOL. But i know some families are on a tight budget, especially when you have kids every penny counts.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pippinelkhound View Post
    Am I reading this right: the OP wants to get money refunded that she didn't actually spend?
    I think OP was just asking the question. Given most of us here do stack lots at LD thats why I asked if it was products that she actually paid out of pocket for.

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pippinelkhound View Post
    So, after bying it for $4.99,, you want to get another dollar from LD?
    Do you have a problem with that? When you shop do you not try to save the most money you can?
    There were a few other items like I mentioned before that total $23 in difference than what I paid for in the last two weeks. I was asking a question since it IS posted on their website.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Call head office? Talk to the manager of the store you frequent. They could probably give you the best answer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information