User Tag List

Page 308 of 473 FirstFirst ... 208 258 298 306 307 308 309 310 318 358 408 ... LastLast
Results 4,606 to 4,620 of 7085
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Lockerz *MAIN THREAD*

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    guess whatt! I just got my prize! but I had to pay GST on top so beware...I am not going to order too expensive prizes anymore
    congrats! What prize did you get and how much GST did you have to pay??

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

I wouldn't go as far as saying they ruined anyone's Christmas. Nobody is asking you to sit around waiting, you're doing it because you ultimately want something for free. If you're willing to sit at a computer on worldwide holiday anticipating POSSIBLY getting a prize, you didn't have a hell of a lot going on that day anyway.

I'm hoping the redemption is 7 PM or later. I see a change in the calendar year as no reason to buy party favors or consume alcohol, so it's any other day to me and the less people around, the better.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by izzyb14 View Post
    congrats! What prize did you get and how much GST did you have to pay??
    unfortunately i only got a watch...its a nixon newton watch...although I do like it but I payed wayyy to much for it...oh well I wanna get a macbook now, but dont want to pay gst...id rather get one from futureshop or something lol...but i guess lockerz is good for small prizes like ipods or maybe a wii...gst was around 7 dollars on a 50 dollar watch, you decide if you think thats a lot or not

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bellissimarobotica View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as saying they ruined anyone's Christmas. Nobody is asking you to sit around waiting, you're doing it because you ultimately want something for free. If you're willing to sit at a computer on worldwide holiday anticipating POSSIBLY getting a prize, you didn't have a hell of a lot going on that day anyway.

I'm hoping the redemption is 7 PM or later. I see a change in the calendar year as no reason to buy party favors or consume alcohol, so it's any other day to me and the less people around, the better.
    In Dark_angel's defense, she did say that she understands that it was our choice to sit and refresh and wait for a redemption, but that maybe they shouldn't make it on holidays, which is fair to say. Christmas is kinda a big deal for most people and I can imagine a lot of kids were glued to the computer screen for a large portion of it, waiting for lockerz to update. I read one person on facebook said that he was checking lockerz on his phone during a funeral.

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    unfortunately i only got a watch...its a nixon newton watch...although I do like it but I payed wayyy to much for it...oh well I wanna get a macbook now, but dont want to pay gst...id rather get one from futureshop or something lol...but i guess lockerz is good for small prizes like ipods or maybe a wii...gst was around 7 dollars on a 50 dollar watch, you decide if you think thats a lot or not
    I'm estimating GST or whatever on a Macbook to be around $110.
    The Macbook costs $1099 + GST and PST, bringing it to over $1240 for someone in Ontario.
    I fail to see the benefit of getting at Future Shop instead of Lockerz.

I saw someone complaining a while ago about paying $5.87 for a Wii game that is $59.99 + tax. I have no words, really.

I don't know, is it weird that I'd be happy paying a tiny fraction of the retail price for something? That is essentially free to me, still.

I paid $35.xx at the door for my PSP bundle and 2 Dylan's Candy products. A PSP bundle is $199 + tax, and Dylan's Candy products (which aren't even sold here) are $20 each. I didn't think twice about that $35.xx
    Last edited by bellissimarobotica; Thu, Dec 31st, 2009 at 02:41 PM.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

$110 for a macbook.. I would pay that.

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    $110 for a macbook.. I would pay that.
    Exactly. I'm sure a bunch of people would whine and even send it back at the door. I can understand if you're poor, but not if you're just cheap.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

I bet people get stuff off lockerz just to sell it again too.

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

I bet people get stuff off lockerz just to sell it again too.
    yes i see alot of people saying they were doing this.. and selling there accounts.. some people asking for liek 200-300$!!! i wonder if anybody actually buys them??? even on ebay!!!
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

selling your account, that is lame, and has got to be against rules.

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

it is against the rules.. but so is cheating.. people dont give a crap lol they could make 200$(cuz some people are dumb enough to buy them) or they could leave there account and do nothing with it..let it waste.. or try and sell it with the risk of being deactivated... but if you dont want your account in the first place.. you have nothing to lose.. and only the potential to gain..(for those who do this.. i am not one of them lol) i want a darn macbook!!!.. although im somewhat undecided now that i know we have to pay GST.. i dont know if i will have an extra 110$ kicking around IF somebody shows up at my door with that parcel..(whenever that may be... could be 3 days after redemption.. or 3 months... thats along time to save 110$ when you live on a budget..)lol darn
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wouldn't mind paying $110 for a macbook

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So just got an e-mail saying she couldn't get her Super Mario game...i can't wait to see if it will be "available" today during redemption... i'm still not sure what i think of lockerz yet, but this will be my first redemption and for what i understand, a lot of prizes from the last redemption haven't been sent yet.....this one will be the ultimate test! Good luck all.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I can imagine a lot of kids were glued to the computer screen for a large portion of it, waiting for lockerz to update. I read one person on facebook said that he was checking lockerz on his phone during a funeral.
    That's insane! What if they had announced the restock is happening NOW? What would he have done, split? In the middle of the service?

I feel bad for the kids also, a lot of them spend a lot of time online, playing games and whatnot, and these points programs are HUGE for them. Sounds like a lot of them were really excited about this and I guess it's an education in life for them that not everyone in this world does what they say they will.

Even when this restock goes through, they will all breathe a collective sigh of relief, saying, "I knew it! I knew it wasn't a scam! I knew I would be able to be redeem for a prize if I just hung in there!"

Then week after week over the next couple months they go running to the mailbox every day, checking their email ninety times a day, waiting for news.... and just reading excuse after excuse why they haven't received their prize yet (in the meantime Lockerz will have announced another awesome redemption coming up)

Last edited by thecountess; Thu, Dec 31st, 2009 at 03:49 PM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bellissimarobotica View Post
    Exactly. I'm sure a bunch of people would whine and even send it back at the door. I can understand if you're poor, but not if you're just cheap.
    Wait, so I'm planning on getting the Ipod Touch, according to UPS' I would have to pay $41. If noone answers the door, will the maildude just stick it in the mail slot? And what if I can't pay the money lol?

Thread Information