User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    154 (100%)

OMG!!! soooooooooooo i was off to LD to pick up some stuff..but i decided that i needed to go to bf's office first (gut feeling!!) I got there..and my bf and his family was all outside of course they are supposed to be insdie working!! anyways..got there..and bf told me a cat was stuck underground in the hole!! OMG..they work in an industrial area..and in the middle of a lawn..theres a pipe that has no cover..so it was i'd say 2 meters + deep..hole was 11 inches wide..so quite tiny but pretty deep. Bf's mom was taking our dog Socks for his duty and he got stung by a bee once at the lawn so he never goes back there anymore!! Today, he dragged bf's mom over to the hole and started sniffing!! then bf's mom heard distressed meow's!!! and looked into the tiny dark hole and saw 2 huge eyes staring back!! omgomgomg!

so we all go back inside..call SPCA..AND THEY WERE CLOSED wat the heck! so we called the fire department..and i dont know about you guys..but when I was a kid..I always had an image that firefighters climbed trees to save kitties!!! called them and they said they never usually recieve calls like this..and will ask the chief if they would come and save them.....i was thinking..they have lives too!! omg..so we search online and call pretty much EVERY animal shelter there is!! while I was searching and calling..i dialed the SPCA emergency hotline..and it directed me to the RCMP!! and so i called them..and RCMP was like..we don't deal with these situations..they are just passing the ball to us..OMG pretty much they were all useless!!

so while I was making all these phone calls..bf, his bro, and dad were thinking of ways to save the kitty. turns out..they take a closer look..THERE ARE TWO!! OMG..one is sitting on the other..and wats worse is..its a SEWAGE PIPE! the flow was getting higher and higher..the bottom kitty was DROWNING..bf got some rope..his dad used a stick and used wire to make a loop at the bottom and they just gave it a go. bf was able to loop the rope around the first kitty..and FISHED him out! thank god! put him in a cardboardbox..he was VERY tiny!!

as u can see..his lower half was wet! and he was sitting on the other kitty the whole time! while they were doing that..the fire department got back to us and said that they sent a guy from the animal shelter to come..and would take 20-30 mins!! of course we didn't think the kitty could last so long cause he was on his tummy!! we fished and fished and fished and didnt work!! RCMP gave me a number for a direct SPCA afterhours hotline..and I left a message and a lady picked up the phone asking where we are. she was 1.5 hrs away.... so that was no use!
    the water flow was getting stronger than ever..and bf just gave it his best and tried to loop the cat..and GOT HIM!! when he pulled him out..i was the kitty looked DEAD to me..but they kept on telling me..hes slowly breathing..

look how scrawny he is!!! and thats the hole they fell into...so tiny!!
    and just after we pulled him out..animal rescue came! he got out of his car..saw the cat..he's like..OH MY GOD..OH SH**!...GREAT JOB GUYS!! and hes like..wheres the other one?? is the other one ok?? he took the cardboard box and put it into the car..and then came back and did CPR to the second kitty! he said he doesnt think he's going to live but he wrapped him up into a blanket..and said he will bring him to the vet ASAP..when he left..the kitty was breathing thank god..

the guy said we can call tomorrow to check up on the kitty to see if she/he made it or not! I was so scared that I was texting makeupartist the whole time..and afterwards she said that they were going to buy a kitty but the offer fell through..so we're seeing if she can adopt these guys!!that would be so great!

anyways..after all this happened..i didn't get a chance to go to LD afterwards. Even though the sale ended today, I would much rather have saved these kitties than be shopping at LD

sorry for such a long story guys!! but hope u enjoyed it

p.s. a pic of the hero dog!

UPDATE:
    just called the shelter...the other kitty didnt make it
    RIP Tubes (bf named him tubes cause thats where he came out from)
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs
    Last edited by miniv; Sat, Aug 29th, 2009 at 12:50 PM.
    My referral link to ShopperArmy! You and I will both share $5 once you reach $10!

Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Wowzers what a day for you! thank goodness you guys were there to help them LD can always wait another day...

Trading Score
    186 (100%)

OMG!! your story was a nail bitter!! I cant believe all of that happened. You guys r heroes!!! real heroes! most people would have give up and u guys didnt...good on u!

Trading Score
    194 (100%)

OMG!!! I'm glad you went there instead! Hope all the kitties are okay!!
    Want Amazon.ca or other gift cards? Join Swagbucks and Irazoo! $515 redeemed to date.

My blog: http://seapotato.blogspot.com/

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

What a nice little hero you have. I hope that the cat makes it!!! keep us updated
    Re-use, Recyle and Repurpose!

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

OMG I'm crying over here! Oh the poor kitties! I hope they are gonna be okay!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

There will be another day/sales at LD.

to the heros.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

what a narrow ordeal for the 2 kitties.Hope they will be alright and fine.
    Suggest to name them 'Smart' and 'Canucks'.

Big thank you to the heroes, and good boy Socks!

Yes, LD can wait!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

and those holes need to be sealed to prevent small critters drowning in there.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    Suggest to name them 'Smart' and 'Canucks'.
    That's hilarious!!

Those poor little kitties!! Thank goodness you all think quickly on your feet!!

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by poppleton View Post
    That's hilarious!!

Those poor little kitties!! Thank goodness you all think quickly on your feet!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Nice touching story & all the heroes involve..I hope the kitties recover! Keep us posted.
    cuckoo for coupons!!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Okay Countess is on the verge of a weeping fest

That is so awesome.

Whenever I see this kind of stuff in the news I have a serious meltdown

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Well this certainly belongs in the brag section!

I am delighted that you stopped and helped these poor cats and I hope they both make it. You all ARE real heroes! I find it odd that when you call the fire department they had to think about it. You should all be proud of yourselves for helping and all the ones in the civil service who had to think about it should be ashamed. A big thumbs up to Socks!!! As soon as I can I will be giving you thumbs ups on as many posts as I can find and I will be giving you reps every day. (As long as you keep posting! )

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Just awesome! Hooray for the furry hero of the day, and the people who helped thereafter. Hope the kitties are okay.
    Thx for sharing the story!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information