User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    164 (100%)

As most of you know, I donate shelter packs to a local women's shelter on a fairly regular basis!

And as some of you also know, I have received many RAOKS towards future shelter packs as a result of LittleMoe0 leading a RAOK adventure in my honour after I admitted to starting the RAOK Smellie Stuff Train.

So with a headstart on shelter packs as a result of wonderful RAOKs of both coupons and products from awesome SC members such as Linny, Patty_Smyth, lizzyurb, Marlibu, LittleMoe0, Jojos_n_kelowna, star2009, divaonadime, BookMom, gasjoc, Ceren, Perogie, camera_mom, Giving_Small, Boo111 and home4now, to name a few, I was able to put together some awesome Easter Shelter Baskets to drop off at the women's shelter next weekend!

After my Valentine's Day Baskets, I was targetting Mother's Day as my next drop, but due to the overwhelming generosity and a little help from my SC friends, not only do I have 2/3rds of my Mother's Day Stuff bought, but I was able to come up with Easter Shelter Baskets as well!

So thanks to all of you who helped and donated coupons and/or products, as well as all the SC members I traded with or got coupons from on wishlist trains, thank you, thank you, thank you for allowing me to donate more stuff to my local women's shelter.

So without further adieu, here is my photos of my Easter Basket assembly:

These baskets were $1.98 ea. at the Bargain Shop and the stuffed animal puppets on a stick were $1.25 ea. at Dollarama! A little bit of Easter cheer to put one in the spirit!

The toothpaste, toothbrushes and some soap pictured here were donated by Patty and Linny, and I managed to pick up the Secret deodorant when it was .16 ea. at Wal-Mart, the chocolate Easter bunnies I bought with some points at last week's SDM bonus redemption, the 12 St. Ives Facial scrubs cost me .09 ea. at YIGs, the V-05 hot oils I bought using coupons again on SDM bonus redemption day last week and I had some of the soap left from previous shelter stash shopping!

Again, I owe many thanks to Linny and Patty, as some of the pads and all the razors, were as a result of their generous RAOKs. Also pictured here, are shave gels I got for .50 ea. at YIGs that had pink stickers on them, as well as the Dove Body Wash I purchased for $1.49 ea. at SDM a few weeks back (some of which had bonus Dove Men's products on them which DH got!) and some of the pads I bought last weekend at SDM bonus redemption using points and save $5.00 WUB2 coupons!

I made out like a bandit last weekend with SDM bonus redemption, using some of my points to buy Sunsilk Shampoo with bonus hairspray attached for $1.99 ea. I also bought Sunsilk conditioners as well, so I ended up with 3 products for $4 for each shelter pack, and didn't cost me anything as I used points!

As it is still winter here in Northern Ontario (grrr!), I have continued to stock up on body lotion and have a surplus, so each of my baskets will get a bottle of body lotion too!

And for the finished products....

My son and I are planning to deliver these on Good Friday, so I look forward to seeing the staff's reaction again!

It feels great to donate, but feels even better to know this was a cross-country, collaborative effort, thanks to a little help from my SC Friends!

So thanks again and Happy Easter Everyone!

UPDATE = Jack and I went today (Good Friday) and delivered the Easter Shelter Baskets.

I called beforehand to let them know we were on our way and I recognized the voice on the end of the line as a worker who has been there for quite awhile and whom I know personally. I was happy that she would be there to receive them, firsthand, knowing my own story.

On our way out of town, we stopped and got a 10 cup box of Coffee from Tim Hortons' + 40 timbits as the shelter is an hour out of town and they don't have a Tim's!

So coffee, timbits and baskets in hand, we delivered the baskets. The worker was absolutely speechless at the baskets as well as the coffee and timbits! She couldn't believe all that was in the basket and as she handed me a "thank you" card, she said it wasn't a big enough thank you for everything!

Here is a few pics of the card...

At the moment, I felt proud and was absolutely happy and thankful that I was able to do this with a little help from my SC friends.

To everyone who helped and to everyone who commented, Happy Easter to You!
    This thread is currently associated with: Dollarama, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, St. Ives, The Bargain Shop, Tim Hortons, Walmart
    Last edited by eriluo; Fri, Apr 2nd, 2010 at 03:36 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow how generous of you , very nice baskets well put together

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They are beautiful! Great job.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

WOW... is all i can come up with!!!

You are SO GENEROUS! and so are the other ladies who have contributed to your baskets. You are going to make the ladies at the women's shelter so happy. Good Karma.

I can't express the feeling I got just looking at how kind you are being to these women who do without such basic necessities.

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

Wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Awesome job putting all those baskets together.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

You and the other ladies are so generous and selfless..wtg, a pat on the back to all of you, and it's fantastic to let your son help you deliver them, it teaches them to be kind to others.

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Reading your brag brought a huge smile to my face and warmed my heart. It is so awesome that you, along with the help from others here on SC are able to do this so often!! What a great brag!!

Trading Score
    194 (100%)

beautiful baskets, i am sure the people at the shelter will appreciate it! very generous of you!
    Want Amazon.ca or other gift cards? Join Swagbucks and Irazoo! $515 redeemed to date.

My blog: http://seapotato.blogspot.com/

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

wow Way to go! Awesome Deals & beautiful baskets!

Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Absolutely incredible! They are getting some really great stuff and you have worked so hard on them, putting it all together so nicely you're amazing. Everyone that's helped you is also sooo amazing!
    <span style=font-family: Verdana>
<font color=Navy>

</font>

</span>

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Another fabulous donation you are very kind.... I would start stockpiling baskets after each holiday when they go on sale. The ladies who get these baskets will feel very special.

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

Awesome baskets, the people at the shelter will love them i know i would lol
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

wow what an awesome job you did they look awesome and what an inspiration you are to all of us keep up the great work

Trading Score
    202 (100%)

Hey E. the baskets are fabulous, and the gals on here know how fabulous you are. Great job on the baskets, and now time to search for more great coupons for the next stash of donations.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information