User Tag List

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: The Beauty Box Thread

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I have to say, for the first time, I was kinda disappointed by my Topbox. Last month, they sent out a survey asking if you wanted a full sized shave cream, face wash or something else. I'm positive I selected to receive the face wash... However, I didn't get the face wash, I got:
    Stila Beauty Balm, mascara, Clear conditioner, Simple eye make-up remover (which I received last month or the month before), Pari eyeshadow primer, Get Creamed shampoo (all of these were minis) but I noticed that other people received both of these items plus a full sized product. It was probably just a mistake on their part or maybe they ran out of the Bread & Butter products but I still feel a little cheated. I shouldn't complain though since I did receive double topboxes last month. Anyway, just an observation on my part.

That whole Luxe box fiasco kinda annoys me. I'm pretty sure Ill be receiving the Fall box since I had still had one or two more boxes paid for before my subscription ended. I was on vacation and didn't see the email from them until it was too late so I'm not sure if there was an option to receive a June box and not get the Fall box? I'm not sure.
    Last edited by xox2010; Wed, Jun 27th, 2012 at 02:47 PM. Reason: grammar etc

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by xox2010 View Post
    I have to say, for the first time, I was kinda disappointed by my Topbox. Last month, they sent out a survey asking if you wanted a full sized shave cream, face wash or something else. I'm positive I selected to receive the face wash... However, I didn't get the face wash, I got:
    Stila Beauty Balm, mascara, Clear conditioner, Simple eye make-up remover (which I received last month or the month before), Pari eyeshadow primer, Get Creamed shampoo (all of these were minis) but I noticed that other people received both of these items plus a full sized product. It was probably just a mistake on their part or maybe they ran out of the Bread & Butter products but I still feel a little cheated. I shouldn't complain though since I did receive double topboxes last month. Anyway, just an observation on my part.

That whole Luxe box fiasco kinda annoys me. I'm pretty sure Ill be receiving the Fall box since I had still had one or two more boxes paid for before my subscription ended. I was on vacation and didn't see the email from them until it was too late so I'm not sure if there was an option to receive a June box and not get the Fall box? I'm not sure.

I had a problem with my may Topbox, I sent them an email and they respond in about 2days, they sent me an other product with my june box. You should defenitly send them an email about your missing product.
    Get 5 deluxe beauty products sample each month for 21$
    with
    Glossybox
    , please clic to subscribe!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've gotten two boxes from Julep (the initial intro box and the June mystery box) and both came 5-6 business days after they were ordered with no problems. This is to Granby Quebec.

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

I have never heard of beauty boxes but I would love to try one Do you know if any of them take paypal since I dont have a credit card for online use?

Edited to add: I just signed up for Glossybox since they take paypal. I am so excited!
    Last edited by sweetnlow30; Sun, Jul 1st, 2012 at 03:29 PM.
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

Updated TL/WL HERE

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Well, I finally got my problem with Julep sorted out. Didn't get the May or June boxes. Turned out that they were sending it to an incorrect address. The woman I spoke to on the phone was great. She bundled up the two boxes, and hopefully I'll see them soon!
    xox2010 likes this.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I'm not sure about any deadlines for refunds. Their answers to questions are so vague and inconsisten I think they're just making it up on the fly.

Anyway, I had credit for 2 boxes already paid. This would have given me the August quarterly box and a credit for the next one or something (or a free winter one too, I'm not sure.) I told them I wanted my June box, and I did not want to ever upgrade to the new system, so they're supposedly going to be refunding me the one remaining box they owe me. I did get the June box, and they really pulled out the stops to try to keep us by the looks of it. I got a full size Opi Top Coat, a full size Olay eye restoration complex, full size Sally Hansen polish strips, and a couple of sample size skin care (oil and something else), along with a nice quality Olay metal compact mirror.

It ALMOST made me decide to go for the August box with my credit. Almost... but I'd rather be done with them.

My first Glossybox is en route. Delayed due to Canada Post, not their fault. I've been absolutely thrilled with Julep -- waiting on my July box right now. I had my introductory penny box and the June Mystery Box, and both arrived super quick and with no hassles. And I've loved everything so far. (Only one colour I'm not keen on.)

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/05/16/t...-beauty-boxes/

I came across this article by Macleans yesterday which states that the samples beauty boxes send out are samples that you can get for free from SDM, Sephora etc. I'm curious to know what other peoples opinions are on this. I feel that the samples I get are certainly not ones that I would be able to get for free from SDM, Sephora etc. Sephora most often requires you to have 100 points in your account to go in and get a deluxe sized sample. (I'm not sure if they take the 100 points off of your card?)

Very rarely have I been able to get things like mini mascaras etc for free - the only thing I have ever gotten for free have been the Neutrogena mini sized samples and the perfume vials - usually when stores give out free samples they're just those little paper thin samples.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

As far as I know, the premium brand samples (and the drugstore samples) contained in the beauty boxes can be gotten for free from retailers. Just the other day in SDM they offered me a bunch of free samples while I was just buying one item at the cosmetics counter. The premium brand samples IMO are usually given freely to regular, good customers (or friends). Walk in to a MAC store and you can walk out with sample mini-mascaras, lipsticks etc. IF you're a regular customer. Most places see through people who go in and request samples and aren't going to buy anything.

So really, the beauty box price is the convenience of having them sent to you, rather than having to go hunt for them. And the fun in trying new things. The price we pay covers the administration of the program and shipping -- but yes, the companies (usually) get the sampes for free. And the makers of the products see the benefit in providing samples for a target audience who is more likely to purchase, compared to random bypassers at a beauty counter.

I got my first Glossybox today! Wow -- it was packed. And though beauty boxes are structured around "samples" it's always a pleasant surprise to receive full size product. And there were three full-size products! (I also noted it was about 3 times heavier than any of the others I get!)
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm pretty sure, no matter what I would do, I would never get as many free good sample size and/or full size product as I get in my Glossybox in a month. I don't miss too many deals for freebies because I like to try beauty product. Yes, it is for convenience but also for the variety of product and even stuff you would never get in a store but only online. I understand that beauty products companies give the product to beauty box companies and are used as marketing companies for them. Anyway, is it fun to open your surprise beauty box every month, fill with so many wonderful products!
    Last edited by marine30606; Wed, Jul 4th, 2012 at 05:59 PM.
    Get 5 deluxe beauty products sample each month for 21$
    with
    Glossybox
    , please clic to subscribe!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've never found it that easy to get samples at beauty counters. GWP are usually how I got samples, oh and the odd time I'd get an extra perfurme tester but MacLeans is full of horse pucky. When's the last time you got shampoo samples walking through SDM?
    marine30606 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Glymm was just awful! I subscribed for four months and the boxes got progressively worse. They don't refer back to the beauty profile you fill in. They sent random stuff. No theme to the box at all. Teal hair extensions, purple peelable nailpolish, one sheet of bronzing paper. It was really weird and random.

They've reorganized and are now shipping in cosmetic bags, but how many cosmetic bags can one woman use? A new one every month. The first bag was well received and it appears to be going downhill again. Their customer service was grim and not very helpful, unless you were a blogger.
    xox2010 and deethomson like this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I hated glymm. They were the first beauty box I signed up with - they used to send me dark (almost black) nailpolish, wrinkle creams (I def. don't need wrinkle cream) and every box had a lip product in it (I'm not a big lip product user).
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

i paid for a glymm box on the 15th of last month and havent heard anything since... tried logging into my account today and wouldnt let me, so i requested a password to be send and nothing...

fist month and already a little disappointed. wth?
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

also just bought the 1cent julep box and they double charged my credit card. big deal one cent, but they say discount codes can only be used once and full charges will be placed on duplicates.

i only put through one order.\

wtf?

just checked again. they charged me three times!
    Last edited by krysta lynne; Sun, Jul 8th, 2012 at 10:34 AM.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by krysta lynne View Post
    i paid for a glymm box on the 15th of last month and havent heard anything since... tried logging into my account today and wouldnt let me, so i requested a password to be send and nothing...

fist month and already a little disappointed. wth?
    The fun is only beginning. Wait until you get a box that has product that leaked. First reaction is WTF, and clean up the mess. I thought I'd email them just so they could perhaps check the tops of containers before putting them in the box. Got a snarky email telling me to send pictures the next time I wanted a product replaced.

Then there are the boxes with missing items.

It took me nearly three weeks to get the password issue sorted.

Good luck with that one.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information