User Tag List

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: The Beauty Box Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by krysta lynne View Post
    i was absolutely blown away by how bad this months glymm box was. cancelled it last night. i will still get October's as i have already been billed for it. but to have paid for four months and received absolute crap in return. i am sooo disappointed
    Several of us have unsubscribed from Glymm. Took me five boxes to cancel, every month you live in hope that it will get better and every month you are disappointed.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pippinelkhound View Post
    Several of us have unsubscribed from Glymm. Took me five boxes to cancel, every month you live in hope that it will get better and every month you are disappointed.
    the thing is, i watched unboxings and loved stuff people were getting and then i subscribed and they started turning into ripoff boxes. ah well. wonder what my final months will be. its supposed to be a breast cancer awareness one so perhaps they went all out and got some good stuff
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I got my Glossybox today and I am really impressed.
    **Spoiler** highlight to read..

We got a Dark Shadows palette from NYX - beautiful blushes, and I'm loving the matte shadows (I'm a huge shimmer fan, but have really wanted some matte shadows to add to my collection), Dove deodorant, B. Kamins body lotion and lip balm & Wella hair serum.
    marine30606 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by xox2010 View Post
    I got my Glossybox today and I am really impressed.
    **Spoiler** highlight to read..

We got a Dark Shadows palette from NYX - beautiful blushes, and I'm loving the matte shadows (I'm a huge shimmer fan, but have really wanted some matte shadows to add to my collection), Dove deodorant, B. Kamins body lotion and lip balm & Wella hair serum.
    I agree! I was blown away by this month's box, really wasn't expecting something like that to show up in a beauty box, but it's amazing!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yep, very impress with it too!
    Get 5 deluxe beauty products sample each month for 21$
    with
    Glossybox
    , please clic to subscribe!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In case anyone wanted to see, here's my September GlossyBox: http://linerglittergloss.com/2012/10...012-glossybox/

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My payment for October Glossybox didn't go through and I checked why and they don't seem to do Paypal anymore. Has this happened to anyone else?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not to mention the increase set for November. No warning, just a 40% price increase.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just cancelled my Topbox subscription - another disappointing box this month, I don't think I've been satisfied by a box I've received since my subscription started in May.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Dee, my TopBox started in May as well. Honestly, there hasn't been a memorable one! To me it looks like the first few months were their best. Full sized Cake and Stila products. I was hoping that some would show up inthe new subscribers boxes but we were just plain unlucky.

I never want to see another Vasanti product or small bottle of perfume in a tube! lol.

I think TopBox is coasting on the hype their first few boxes brought them.

I was kind of expecting more of a pink theme this month with it being Breast Cancer awareness month. Even pink nailpolish but nada.

I think I'm giving them until December and if it's not better, I'm done.

I'm also waiting to see how Glossy justifies a 40% jump in price. Friends in the Uk said they treated their UK customers in a similar way. Decent price for a couple of months, then they tacked on a postage fee and then the boxes got later and later.
    marine30606 and deethomson like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I agree with both of you. I always ask myself "Would I pay XX amount for this if it was sold in store?". This led me to cancel Loosebutton after the Autumn box. If Topbox doesn't pass the test with the Nov/Dec boxes, I'll be be cancelling too. I LOVE Glossy, and even with the price increase, find it is still worth it. Many of the products I would purchase myself eventually anyway (maybe not that particular brand, but the type of product). I get my boxes free through my Glossydot's, but I pay for my mothers subscription and plan to continue doing so as long as Glossy keeps it up. I also really enjoy Glymm - For $10 a month, I've been introduced to some really unique brands, have a collection of small bags that I use to organize everything from office and crafting supplies to activity kits for the kids I work with, and the best thing - I've earned over $50 in credit from monthly surveys, and will be redeeming soon to get a 5 pack of BUTTER London nail polishes for free!

I was actually pretty embarrassed with Topbox this month - I had gotten so many people to sign up (not through my referral, just word of mouth), and now friends and family are getting back to me wondering why I told them to sign up :S
    pippinelkhound and deethomson like this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubsy View Post
    My payment for October Glossybox didn't go through and I checked why and they don't seem to do Paypal anymore. Has this happened to anyone else?
    Yeah I noticed that too. Almost didn't get signed up for the October box but thankfully they gave me a few chances to get my credit card up. I don't recall them ever announcing that they weren't going Paypal anymore. Had I known (and had they actually told me how to change it in the email) I would have sent them my CC info earlier.
    I have to agree that topbox was disappointing this month. The stila eyeshadow base was nice, but it didn't "wow" me. I wouldn't have paid $10 for the stuff they sent.
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

fml.

my final month of glymm came (i cancelled it because of repeat disappointment) and of course i absolutely love it. cancel too soon? watch if i order it again, its crap. sigh
    pippinelkhound and xox2010 like this.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Krysta, I can honestly say, I have no regrets on Glymm cancellation. I might buy a product if some one raves about it but I've saved money by only buying what intersts me over the monthly subscription.

I've decided December will be my last TopBox unless the next tow are absolutely fantastic (don't have high hopes) and I'm holding onto Glossy until the one year mark.

I've found a box that is very interesting and very expensive but I think I may splurge. Dior is doing a special edition $600 for the year. Factor in the price of Glymm, Glossy, and TopBox, and it's not really that bad, if you buy Dior products to begin with.
    krysta lynne likes this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pippinelkhound View Post
    Krysta, I can honestly say, I have no regrets on Glymm cancellation. I might buy a product if some one raves about it but I've saved money by only buying what intersts me over the monthly subscription.

I've decided December will be my last TopBox unless the next tow are absolutely fantastic (don't have high hopes) and I'm holding onto Glossy until the one year mark.

I've found a box that is very interesting and very expensive but I think I may splurge. Dior is doing a special edition $600 for the year. Factor in the price of Glymm, Glossy, and TopBox, and it's not really that bad, if you buy Dior products to begin with.
    Hey, are you able to provide a link? I tried to find it through google but had no luck. I'm interested to see what's in it. Thanks

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information