Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: The Beauty Box Thread

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xox2010 View Post
    Here is an updated master list ((pricing has changed)) of the beauty boxes available in Canada:

Glymm - $12/month
    http://www.glymm.com/

Glossybox - $21/month
    http://www.glossybox.ca/join/

Ipsy - $14.95 (including taxes)
    http://www.ipsy.com/

Topbox $12/month ((waitlisted))
    www.topbox.ca

Luxe (( 4 luxe boxes a year for $24 a box))
    https://www.loosebutton.com/

... and there's one more I saw the other day but I cannot remember what it was.
    I'm also getting:

Julep ($19.99 for nail polish (x3), or nail polish (x2) plus product per month. Add-ons are cheaper, and frequent mystery boxes. Skip a month whenever you like without cancelling subscription.)
    www.julep.com

Starbox (Starlooks makeup brand) - $15 (plus shipping of $4.95)
    www.starlooks.com

And waiting for my first month of:

Lip Factory $22 USD (These look really, really good and packed full from some reviews I've seen!)
    http://www.lipfactoryinc.com/

All three are US boxes, but ship to Canada, either free or for a small charge (Starlooks charged. Julep and Lip Factory are free.)

There are a few other US beauty boxes that ship to Canada as well:

Beauty Box 5 ($12 per month)
    https://www.beautybox5.com/

Oops... Ipsy is alreayd on the list. :D

... and I think there are more. Not entirely sure. Ipsy looks about the same quality/brands as Glymm.

(This post is for informational purposes only. No benefit is received by the poster for clicks on the links. No referral codes used)

As for my current subscriptions:

I'm keeping TopBox until February, since they're coming out with a new process/improved quality in January apparently. I'll re-evaluate then.

I cancelled Glossy. The $21 was just too much to stomach (a 40% increase? really?), especially for drug-store brands.

I'm still with Glymm. It's up and down. But I've cashed in a lot of points and gotten some great stuff from them overall. And I adore Julep.

Starbox won't be a long-term sub for me. Lip Factory looks like it will be amazing though -- I'll be keeping that one!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

How is everyone liking their boxes? December topbox sucked. I received a loose blush (in a strange colour), 2 hair care products that are meant for heat styling( I don't heat style) and a face cleanser (the only thing I will be using). I cancelled glossy (well, I just didn't update my CC info so it cancelled itself) because it keeps getting worse, and am considering cancelling topbox in January if the updated boxes aren't good.
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Trading Score
    91 (100%)

is there a penny code for Julep? and I heard this from somewhere... but is there an additional shipping fee?
    Or can I can try out a box for only 1 cent?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a code from when I did a review for them a little while back, hopefully it still works: LINERGLITTERGLOSS

December GlossyBox: http://linerglittergloss.com/2013/01...ssybox-canada/ - I've since learned that there are some issues with the Revlon and Avon products being older products, especially as the Avon products have been discontinued - Glossy has said they are looking into this but have yet to say anything further about it.

EDIT: They just posted a response - "Good afternoon GLOSSIES,

Thank you for being so patient and understanding while waiting for an answer regarding the Avon products included in December’s GLOSSYBOX. Because we’re an international company, we strive to bring you products from around the globe, which is actually why it has taken longer than usual to update you on this issue. We’ve communicated with our supplier in Europe, who has been a reliable GLOSSYBOX provider in the past, and they have reassured us that the product is in date, new and unopened, but we are devastated if our GLOSSIES are upset. Our investigation is not over and we have learned a lot from this situation. We will be reevaluating how we approach quality assurances going forward, since our number one priority will always be making (and keeping) you, our subscribers, surprised and delighted with your GLOSSYBOX. If you have any questions at all about the Avon product you received, or about your GLOSSYBOX in general, please feel free to email our customer service department at [email protected]. They will be getting up to date information on this issue and will be best equipped to answer any questions or concerns that you may have. Once again, thank you for your patience and understanding through this. We cannot even begin to express how extremely appreciative we are to have your perspective, loyalty and support!"
    Last edited by deethomson; Mon, Jan 7th, 2013 at 03:57 PM.

Trading Score
    91 (100%)

thank you! Too bad I'm not interested in any of the colours Julep has right now for the 1cent... maybe they will change it up for Feb?

Quote Originally Posted by deethomson View Post
    I have a code from when I did a review for them a little while back, hopefully it still works: LINERGLITTERGLOSS

December GlossyBox: http://linerglittergloss.com/2013/01...ssybox-canada/ - I've since learned that there are some issues with the Revlon and Avon products being older products, especially as the Avon products have been discontinued - Glossy has said they are looking into this but have yet to say anything further about it.

Thank you for being so patient and understanding while waiting for an answer regarding the Avon products included in December’s GLOSSYBOX. Because we’re an international company, we strive to bring you products from around the globe, which is actually why it has taken longer than usual to update you on this issue. We’ve communicated with our supplier in Europe, who has been a reliable GLOSSYBOX provider in the past, and they have reassured us that the product is in date, new and unopened, but we are devastated if our GLOSSIES are upset. Our investigation is not over and we have learned a lot from this situation. We will be reevaluating how we approach quality assurances going forward, since our number one priority will always be making (and keeping) you, our subscribers, surprised and delighted with your GLOSSYBOX. If you have any questions at all about the Avon product you received, or about your GLOSSYBOX in general, please feel free to email our customer service department at [email protected]. They will be getting up to date information on this issue and will be best equipped to answer any questions or concerns that you may have. Once again, thank you for your patience and understanding through this. We cannot even begin to express how extremely appreciative we are to have your perspective, loyalty and support!"

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

The Julep intro boxes change periodically. But you have to get the intro box before you can get into the monthly boxes.

Yes, there are coupon codes for 1 penny. It used to be free shipping on those, but now shipping is $3.99. It's still a great deal! There are sometimes coupon codes for $5 intro boxes as well, with an additional two add-on polishes.

The intro box is the only time you'll pay shipping. Once you're a Maven, shipping is free on all orders and monthly boxes.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got a Revlon nail polish in my December Glossybox, it had a drug store price sticker on it!!

"Rite Aid $4.50" - I cancelled my Glossybox subscription.....

Quote Originally Posted by deethomson View Post

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I received my Glossy box in December and was pleased with the products. I am also signed up for Glymm, Ipsy and TopBox. It's like Yule every month!
    Just call me Wolfie

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cherryj View Post
    I got a Revlon nail polish in my December Glossybox, it had a drug store price sticker on it!!

"Rite Aid $4.50" - I cancelled my Glossybox subscription.....

There are some doubters on Facebook sticker saying they don't believe the drugstore sticker. I believe it. Why don't you post a picture on the Glossy Page and prove them wrong?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am very over TopBox. October, Nov, and Dec. were lousy. The lure of the Prive box suckered me into staying. I have all the products from Clinique from various gwps! If I don't get a Benefit box in February we will be breaking up. I held on hoping for the great products they had this time last year. Every month it seemed like I got the leftovers from previous months.
    xox2010 likes this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I'm disappointed that the Clinique box is mostly skincare. Even with the Benefit box, I have most of the stuff they're sending (from previos boxes) so I'm not even that excited for it. I'm kind of over the idea of these boxes TBH.
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I'm so glad I cancelled Glossybox when I did. I read that whole fiasco on Facebook.

Also of note is the apparent implosion of The Natural Beauty Box... boxes not shipping for 2 months or so after they're supposed to be; customers being lied to repeatedly about shipping; allegations of plagiarism in the plethora of posts they made -- apparently to bury other complaint posts; Threatening to call the RCMP/FBI and sue unhappy customers who are posting to their Facebook, then deleting the comments and blocking people. So now it looks like everyone's all happy with them (a handful of people, perhaps sockpuppet accounts), but the dozens of others who complained were deleted/blocked or threatened. Supposedly one was bribed after she was yelled at on the phone and told them she was recording the conversation! A full refund PLUS free boxes...

So glad I never signed up... I was soooo close to trying them.
    pippinelkhound and xox2010 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by uniquelyme View Post
    I'm so glad I cancelled Glossybox when I did. I read that whole fiasco on Facebook.

Also of note is the apparent implosion of The Natural Beauty Box... boxes not shipping for 2 months or so after they're supposed to be; customers being lied to repeatedly about shipping; allegations of plagiarism in the plethora of posts they made -- apparently to bury other complaint posts; Threatening to call the RCMP/FBI and sue unhappy customers who are posting to their Facebook, then deleting the comments and blocking people. So now it looks like everyone's all happy with them (a handful of people, perhaps sockpuppet accounts), but the dozens of others who complained were deleted/blocked or threatened. Supposedly one was bribed after she was yelled at on the phone and told them she was recording the conversation! A full refund PLUS free boxes...

So glad I never signed up... I was soooo close to trying them.
    Woowwww, that's ridiculous!

I'm going to cancel my Luxebox subscription - signed up for the winter box because of a promo with LouLou where you were supposed to get another special box - I e-mailed them to clarify after subscribing and was told it meant that I would get another box free after the one that I subscribed to, and therefore would not be paying for the spring box. I was charged a couple of weeks ago for the spring box when I shouldn't have been - sent an e-mail to customer service on the 8th and haven't heard anything back, it sounds like they aren't responding to a lot of customer e-mails right now judging by their Facebook.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information