User Tag List

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: The Beauty Box Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Go to the Dior website. It's part of the Dior Auction this month. The website is acting up rightnow. Dior does an auction every year for charity, it's under the "buy now" items.

The site basically says it's a gift box every month ranging from perfumes, pallettes, etc. They also have nail polish sets, limited edition compacts, etc. If you are feeling really flush you can bid on an internship!

http://www.diorauction.com/prize.html?id=39

found it!!

Now that's a beauty box!
    Last edited by pippinelkhound; Sat, Oct 27th, 2012 at 07:50 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by pippinelkhound View Post
    Go to the Dior website. It's part of the Dior Auction this month. The website is acting up rightnow. Dior does an auction every year for charity, it's under the "buy now" items.

The site basically says it's a gift box every month ranging from perfumes, pallettes, etc. They also have nail polish sets, limited edition compacts, etc. If you are feeling really flush you can bid on an internship!

http://www.diorauction.com/prize.html?id=39

found it!!

Now that's a beauty box!
    Wish I saw this earlier! Now it's sold out!

I agree with everyone that topbox hasn't been as good as before but the added bonuses are quite good. The Balenciaga pouch and the added lise watier products really made the last two boxes great.

I'm going to cancel glossybox after this month. It's probably better to just save up and what I really want instead of getting the razors and shampoos.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Pop (may I call you Pop?) TB kinda blew it with the Lise Watier give away by limiting it to Toronto area customers only. The rest of Canada just didn't feel the love. I went to Holt's for the pouch and nobody knew what I was talking about. Holt's is horrible to get to and I wasn't going all the way there again for a pouch that could have been rolled up and put in the tube.

I've got some Glossypoints that will see me through another box and then that's it. I mean who really pays $16 for a razor?!

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Can't remember the last time I even paid for a razor - there's so many free ones out there.

I still haven't received my GB yet or tracking #. Hoping it gets here by Friday. My box is usually sent out in the first shipment, so this is a first for me.
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I am starting to get very disappointed with the service from being a Julep Maven. In the beginning it was great, but as time has gone by, there are more mistakes and glitches. This month was awful with the new website. I know for myself every single month since May there has been a mix-up with my box.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

So, I just signed up for my third beauty box lol I think I might cancel one though... not too sure. It's Michelle Phan's Ipsy bag. It has 2 full sized products this month - not sure if its like that every month though...
    I will report back when I receive it. (( It's $14.95/month))

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Here is an updated master list ((pricing has changed)) of the beauty boxes available in Canada:

Glymm - $12/month
    http://www.glymm.com/

Glossybox - $21/month
    http://www.glossybox.ca/join/

Ipsy - $14.95 (including taxes)
    http://www.ipsy.com/

Topbox $12/month ((waitlisted))
    www.topbox.ca

Luxe (( 4 luxe boxes a year for $24 a box))
    https://www.loosebutton.com/

... and there's one more I saw the other day but I cannot remember what it was.
    deethomson likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by xox2010 View Post
    So, I just signed up for my third beauty box lol I think I might cancel one though... not too sure. It's Michelle Phan's Ipsy bag. It has 2 full sized products this month - not sure if its like that every month though...
    I signed up for it too, justified it because I cancelled Topbox lol. Looks interesting, the past couple of boxes looked really good so I'm really interested in seeing what we get - nice thing is the next on ships in a week

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I don't want to cancel topbox just in case the next few boxes are good. I know you can't expect much for $12 a box, but the first few boxes were so good that they gave an impression they would all be that good.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've got another beauty box - Starlooks - received my first box a couple of days ago, here's what was inside: http://linerglittergloss.com/2012/11...starlooks-box/

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xox2010 View Post
    Thanks! I signed up, just to try the Benefit mascara and theBalm shadow.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I kinda like how they send out what's in it. That way you can subscribe at the last minute or you can skip it if you aren't feeling the products.
    In the email they sent out, they said the BM lipgloss wouldn't be available to CDN subscribers... I wonder what will be in it's place.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I'm thinking of signing up for the Luxe box again. I got it in September and it was pretty good, but I'm not sure if I really need to get it. What if there's something really good in it?lol

I'm going to cancel Ipsy because I prefer boxes that send out well-known brands, not their own brand KWIM.
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Got my final Topbox on Friday - nothing too exciting, but I did really love the China Glaze polish I got in it - overall, I'm not going to miss this box. http://linerglittergloss.com/2012/11...r-2012-topbox/

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Cancelled Ipsy since I re-signed up for loose button. May cancel topbox depending on what December's box is like. I just don't need to be spending $50+ a month on these boxes!
    pippinelkhound and deethomson like this.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information