User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By saveadollardiva

Thread: Value Village Cashier Rant!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I wasn't sure that we were going to have a rant section so about to burst I posted this in the Store Review section about a week ago......so a few of you may have seen it already......but hopefully it's new to some of you and you can bask in my rant with me, lol.

"I did have an issue at VV a couple weeks ago though that left me with a sour taste in my mouth. I had signed both myself and my mom up for the Super Savers Club. Anyway, if you print off the confirmation page and bring it to the store within 14 days you can get 25% off your purchase. I went to the till and handed her my paper where I was told that the coupon can't actually be used for my current purchase but only for a future purchase. It says directly on the paper that the coupon CAN be used for the current purchase. Anyway, there were a billion people in line and I have social anxiety issues so I didn't argue.....I just paid and went to the next till to wait for my mom. While I'm standing with my mom her cashier asks if she's wants to use the 25% discount on her current purchase. I frown and mention that 2 seconds prior I was told I couldn't do that. She goes to talk to a higher up, some sort of management I'm assuming and discusses this ALONG WITH the cashier who processed MY order. My moms cashier comes back and says "Yes, you definitely can use the 25% discount on this purchase" and rings it through. Then she hands me a 25% off coupon that expires in 14 days A) I already made my purchase, and B) I live 45 minutes, one way, from our closest VV. I won't be back in the next 2 weeks. I was completely shocked that not my cashier or my mothers even offered to redo my transaction and include the 25% discount. I found it absolutely ridiculous. They all knew that I should have been allowed to use the discount.....but didn't even bother to try to correct their mistake. I emailed the customer support, but doubt I'll get a worth while response in return."

AND.....I still haven't heard anything back yet.
    This thread is currently associated with: Value Village

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

i hate VV, overpriced and rude customer service.
    they refused to sell me a pair of jeans cuz there was no tag,
    pretty much assuming that i was the one who ripped the tag off.. which i didnt
    i was so mad
    i dont go there anymore

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Ew! You should have demanded a refund right there wth?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I'm not a huge VV fan because they're too pricey, but I've never had that lousy service there.
    That's too bad for you. I hope they fix it up.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    96 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Ew! You should have demanded a refund right there wth?
    They don't give you cash back!

I don't like VV as much as I used to before. Overpriced items and exchanges only.
    I rather go to Talize - I love store credit.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

What!?? That's awful

They should give cash back if they make a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Eva-M View Post
    They don't give you cash back!

I don't like VV as much as I used to before. Overpriced items and exchanges only.
    I rather go to Talize - I love store credit.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    What!?? That's awful

They should give cash back if they make a mistake

I knew they didn't give cash back but they could have redone my whole purchase to include the discount. To me it would be the same to short change me, or give me back too much......and then have them/me say "ooops......you're right....but oh well.....I'm not giving your money back" LOL

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

UPDATE!

I thought it only fair to give an update since I heard back from VV last night. I got an email from the manager at the store I had the problem with who very nicely apologized and offered me a gift certificate in 2x the amount I would have saved had I been able to use the 25% card, as well as a full stamp card for their spring promotion (which is 30% off my future purchase). Unfortunately I probably won't get to use the stamp card since it expires May 14th (I think) and like I said.....I'm 45 minutes from our closest VV so I don't get there super super often, but I'm happy with the gift certificate....which has no expiry so I can tuck it away until I manage to make another trip. All in all, a cruddy experience at the store but surprisingly good customer service from my complaint.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good for you!!!
    Speckled28 likes this.

Thread Information