• 1 Post By Darth Penguin
  • 1 Post By Abby5
  • 1 Post By wolfwoman
  • 2 Post By ashokia
  • 1 Post By greencanuck

Thread: no green face

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I am a witch. I don't have a green face nor do I have a wart on my nose. I don't cackle or a hump on my back I don't kill animals for ritual nor do I worship the devil. it is hurtful to me and others like me to be sterotyped as such. Please don't use the word witch as a demeaning name to describe someone you don't like. Many innocent people were killed for being accused of being a witch whether they were one or not .
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Your said you were a witch. Now I am confused. What's the difference in calling someone a witch if he/she is one? I'm not trying to be irritating, I actually don't understand. If you don't worship the devil what do you do?
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetybird999 View Post
    Your said you were a witch. Now I am confused. What's the difference in calling someone a witch if he/she is one? I'm not trying to be irritating, I actually don't understand. If you don't worship the devil what do you do?
    I believe she means she's into Wicca which is a recognized religion, but they DON'T worship the devil. lol

But like all things tainted by the media... the concept of a witch has been painted as something "evil"... and before the media it was other religions persecuting ppl who were believed to be evil because they practiced "witchcraft". I'm no expert, please feel free to correct me Wolfwoman.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I don't think this is a 'blame the media' issue. I think it's a 'blame the dictionary definition' issue. If you look up the definitions of 'witch' it comes up with the standard black magic, old crone stuff.

I don't think the OP should be angry with people for using the word properly (as defined by the dictionary). If the Wiccan community wants to launch a campaign to rebrand "witch" all the power to them but in the meantime if one chooses to describe themselves as a witch then I'm surprised that they are surprised that there is a little confusion about that. I would assume there are other terms to use like priestess, augur, pagan etc etc that are less ambiguous.
    wolfwoman likes this.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Apparently I had Wiccan confused with satanism. Completely different.
    wolfwoman likes this.
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

i tend to say wiccan in place of witch. i have had friends who just called themselves witches and didn't care if someone else called them one. i think it all comes down to a matter of personal preference and knowing the person you are talking to before throwing around stereotypical names.
    wolfwoman likes this.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetybird999 View Post
    Apparently I had Wiccan confused with satanism. Completely different.
    they are totally different but with how the media and society clumps together definitions i am not surprised by confusion.
    wolfwoman likes this.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Wiccan can cover both white and black magic. The major deities are the Mother Goddess and the Horned God.But others exist depending on which branch of Wicca that is followed.

The majority of Wiccans are whites, using their beliefs for the betterment of mankind.

Black Magic users are a whole different kettle of fish. Some may or may not be into S-t-nism.
    wolfwoman likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

No offensive to the OP but I am finding this fascinating. I love learning new things
    wolfwoman likes this.
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

wow! I really overwhelmed by all the cool educated friends on sc! Thanks for the support guys!!!
    krysta lynne likes this.

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

When I was in high school, there was this whole phase when it was cool to be a witch. (The Craft came out around that time.) I don't have an issue with anyone practicing Wicca, or praying to whatever deity they choose to worship, but I do have an issue with someone doing it just because they think it makes them sound cool. The sad fact is that most people calling themselves witches have no idea what the Wiccan faith is really all about. Dancing around naked in your backyard in the middle of the night with some black candles set into a pentagram while you chant and then fornicate just gives the neighbours a good show. (Seriously, this was happening in the garden of the house behind our apartment when we first moved to the city!)
    Natalka and wolfwoman like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am always pleased when someone is willing to publicly show an aspect of their life that is different from the 'norm'.
    wolfwoman likes this.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Thread Information