User Tag List

Page 168 of 239 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 170 178 218 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 3571
Like Tree4016Likes

Thread: All Purpose Politics and News Thread

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Trump was impeached!!

Dang it....I woke up from my dream. Oh well.....maybe he still can be??

ha ha ha ha
    Ciel and Darth Penguin like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Name:  C6k_4qBXAAIXg6_.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  79.6 KB

i guess when he looked down at his lapel pin flag it looked right side up.

Upside Down Flag

Flying the American flag upside down is an officially recognized signal of distress.
    Here is the relevant part of the US Code of Laws regarding how to fly the flag when in distress:
    THE UNITED STATES FLAG CODE
    Title 4, Chapter 1

§ 8(a)The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
    Last edited by heartgirl99; Sat, Mar 11th, 2017 at 07:17 PM.
    Ciel and walkonby like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Trump was impeached!!

Dang it....I woke up from my dream. Oh well.....maybe he still can be??

ha ha ha ha
    I'm waiting for the mid-terms. The GOP are using this president to force through a whole load of legislation and if they see their support is waning , they will turn on him.

Or else the Dems will sweep the races and they'll try to impeach him...And I suspect the GOP will abstain en masse
    Ciel and walkonby like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Traffic accident in Kingston on Hwy 401-one of the transport trucks has a chemical leak so an evacuation of residents is occurring.

https://www.hamiltonnews.com/news-st...lty-response-/
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

US makes formal apology to Britain after White House accuses GCHQ of wiretapping Trump Tower

The US has made a formal apology to Britain after the White House accused GCHQ of helping Barack Obama spy on Donald Trump.
    Sean Spicer, Mr Trump's press secretary, repeated a claim on Thursday evening – initially made by an analyst on Fox News - that GCHQ was used by Mr Obama to spy on Trump Tower in the lead-up to last November's election.
    The comments prompted a furious response from GCHQ, which in a break from normal practice issued a public statement: "Recent allegations made by media commentator Judge Andrew Napolitano about GCHQ being asked to conduct 'wiretapping' against the then president-elect are nonsense. They are utterly ridiculous and should be ignored."
    Intelligence sources told The Telegraph that both Mr Spicer and General McMaster, the US National Security Adviser, have apologised over the claims. "The apology came direct from them," a source said.
    General McMaster contacted Sir Mark Lyall Grant, the Prime Minister's National Security adviser, to apologise for the comments. Mr Spicer conveyed his apology through Sir Kim Darroch, Britain's US ambassador.
    Mr Spicer had earlier repeated claims that Barack Obama used GCHQ to spy on Mr Trump before he became president.
    "He’s able to get it and there’s no American fingerprints on it," Mr Spicer said of the intelligence supposedly provided to Mr Obama by Britain.
    "Three intelligence sources have informed Fox News that President Obama went outside the chain of command - he didn't use the NSA, he didn't use the CIA, he didn't use the FBI and he didn't use the Department of Justice - he used GCHQ."

Ciel likes this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Two planes collide over Promenades St Bruno, Qc

Police are investigating a mid-air collision above St-Bruno on Friday afternoon that has left two people hospitalized.
    Two small planes reportedly flew into each other above the junction of Rte-116 and Aut-30 near the Promenades St-Bruno.
    According to police, one of the aircraft crashed into the mall's roof, the other into the parking lot.

The cause of the collision has not yet been determined.
    Longueuil police spokesperson Jean-Pierre Voutsinos said two people had been taken to hospital but the nature and extent of their injuries was not yet known.
    "All we know is it was a collision in the air, both planes went down," he said.
    He added that a flame ant substance had been sprayed on the wreckages to prevent any fires from breaking out.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

1 dead, 3 injured in St Bruno plane collision

Two small planes collided over a bustling Quebec shopping mall on Friday, killing one person and injuring three others. The numbers were confirmed by Premier Philippe Couillard and Public Security Minister Martin Coiteux as they attended an event in Montreal.
    The identity of the victim and the conditions of the injured were not clear.

Earlier, Longueuil police said each plane only had a pilot on board and that both were injured.
    One of the planes crashed on the roof of the Promenades Saint-Bruno, while the other slammed into the parking lot.
    A security perimeter was set up near the shopping centre in Saint-Bruno, about 25 kilometres from Montreal.
    Witnesses at the scene described hearing a loud bang.
    Nheil Martinez, who works inside the mall, was outside smoking a cigarette when he saw the shadow of a plane and heard its motor.
    "I heard the motor so low to the ground and then a loud boom," he said.
    "Then we saw pieces of plane fall out of the sky everywhere."
    Martinez said he ran to the plane and saw a man inside, whose body was crushed.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ I just heard this on the radio, how awful!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hope they expose who did this.

Conservative Party suspends over 1,300 fraudulent memberships

OTTAWA – The federal Conservative party has removed 1,351 people from its membership rolls following a review sparked by leadership hopeful Kevin O’Leary’s accusation that one of his rivals has been engaging in widespread fraud and vote-rigging.
    Those individuals will no longer be eligible to vote in the party’s leadership contest.

After an expedited review, the party says it found the now-cancelled memberships were purchased through two IP addresses and were not paid for by the individual members, contrary to party rules.
    The party couldn’t determine which leadership campaign or campaigns were behind the scheme since the memberships were purchased anonymously through the party’s website.

The finding backs up O’Leary’s assertion late Thursday that unnamed backroom organizers were trying to buy the leadership race by using untraceable, pre-paid credit cards to sign up fake members

Over the last six months, the party says it has received 1,233 pre-paid credit card transactions through its website, roughly half of which have been traced to the two IP addresses.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3318472/co...rships-oleary/
    Ciel and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Jason Kenney wins Alberta PC leadership on first ballot

Kenney captured 75.5 per cent of the 1,476 ballots cast

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...llot-1.4031408

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Tow truck procession pays tribute to driver killed in storm

Courtney Schaefer was killed when he was hit by a semi-trailer while responding to a call near Esterhazy, SK during the blizzard last Tuesday.
    (Esterhazy is about 250 kilometres northeast of Regina.)

In the days following Schaefer's death, the Roadside Responders Association of Saskatchewan put out a statement calling on the government to legislate a red and amber flashing light system specifically for tow trucks.
    The light combination, the association says, would differentiate the trucks from other vehicles on the road.
    Tow trucks are currently only allowed to have amber lights.

Over 70 trucks were there. Tow truck drivers from Saskatoon, Whitewood and Abernethy, Sask., formed a memorial procession early Saturday morning, ahead of Schaefer's memorial in Esterhazy later in the day.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...sion-1.4031224
    Last edited by Natalka; Sat, Mar 18th, 2017 at 10:43 PM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Policeman stabbed, people shot at outside Palace of Westminster

A police officer has been stabbed in the Houses of Parliament in central London, in what police are treating as a terrorist incident.
    Commons Leader David Lidington told MPs the "alleged assailant was shot by armed police".
    There are also reports of as many as five people being "mowed down" on nearby Westminster Bridge.
    MPs said they had heard three or four gunshots. A Downing Street source said Prime Minister Theresa May was "OK".
    Prime Minister Theresa May was seen being ushered into a silver Jaguar car as what sounded like gunfire rang out at Parliament during the incident.
    Staff inside Parliament were told to stay inside their offices.
    Tom Peck, political editor for the Independent, tweeted: "There was a loud bang. Screams. Commotion. Then the sound of gunshots. Armed police everywhere."

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

One woman dead, another pulled from Thames with injuries

Junior doctor Colleen Anderson from St Thomas' Hospital confirmed the death of the woman and said a number of other people were hurt - some with "catastrophic" injuries.
    She said she also treated a police officer in his 30s with a head injury, who had been taken to King's College Hospital.
    She said the woman had died at the scene.
    "There were people across the bridge. There were some with minor injuries, some catastrophic," she added.
    "Some had injuries they could walk away from or who have life-changing injuries. There were maybe a dozen [injured]."

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'm glued to the tv.....how frightening, how tragic. Total lockdow at a time of day, 5:40pm, when it shoukd be so busy after work, school. No sign of the driver, but the guy who stabbed his victim was shot, is in custody.
    People have been trapped in the ferris wheel, The Eye, for over two hours.....that seems excessive, esp for personal type reasons. DH and I have been stopped on a highway for several hours, but thankfully we were at a Tims at the time!

No sign of the driver, but hopefully they'll get some connection to the jerk in custody.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

The stabbed policeman has now been reported dead.

Page 168 of 239 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 170 178 218 ... LastLast

Thread Information