User Tag List

Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey Abby! Why not try looking up Budds Trading Zone Hamilton on Facebook. You can put your stuff up for trade and say what you want in return. I traded a little canvas shopping bag and got a Tim Horton's Maple Chill in return! Even had a couple send me a couple of wheels for my shopping cart! It is worth a shot at least!

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    I have never written a rant on here but today I am so mad!!!
    I am selling a beautiful double bike trailer that we paid over $560 for $180. The women has been emailing me and setting up times and canceling !! Then today she is like I don't want it!! She asked me to take down the post and everything!
    So done!
    I am also selling a kids life jacket and the women is doing the same thing! Except she keeps telling me to go to a Starbucks far away from me to meet her!!
    What is wrong with people????
    Anyway, if I did not really really need the money I would just donate everything!!!
    thanks for letting me rant!
    I just re posted everything...so fingers crossed there are some good people out there (somewhere?)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Alright my newest beef with Kijiji buyers is the "I'd like you to give me a deal because I'm buying this item to give to someone in need." This has happened to me twice now in a little over a week. I think that's great that you are doing that (IF indeed that is actually what you are doing - I mean how am I to know) but please don't try to play on my sympathies in order to get me to say yes to a lower price and practically give things away for free. Maybe it makes me a bad person, I don't know but if I wanted to donate the items I would have instead of posting them for sale online.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupongirl99 View Post
    Alright my newest beef with Kijiji buyers is the "I'd like you to give me a deal because I'm buying this item to give to someone in need." This has happened to me twice now in a little over a week. I think that's great that you are doing that (IF indeed that is actually what you are doing - I mean how am I to know) but please don't try to play on my sympathies in order to get me to say yes to a lower price and practically give things away for free. Maybe it makes me a bad person, I don't know but if I wanted to donate the items I would have instead of posting them for sale online.
    it's worst when it's a sob story...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I was scammed by a man named Sam from Oakville. Albums for my son and I....big lie.
    Last edited by barbis9; Wed, Jul 27th, 2016 at 04:13 PM.
    Ciel and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I replied to an ad, arranged a pick up time, etc only to have the person say one hour before that they were out of town that day...thanks Cassandra (sarcasm) I really wanted the item and don't understand why you would play games.

I also tried to sell furniture and had lots of no shows. Why would you give out your phone number and than bail? Just rude people....
    Ciel and Davetherave like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

not worth the headache. people are too fickle and ya might get a weirdo coming to your door. don't do it.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

i don't get why people email asking if the item is still available, i replied yes, then they took their sweet time to reply back just to say oh i'll let you know when i'm in the area. GRRRR or they ask you to hold the item, set up a date and time for pickup or meeting, then no show. ARGGG.
    and maybe it's just me but i find it annoying when people post their stuff as "mint condition with a few dents and scratches" ummm i'm sure that's not the definition of mint condition.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I replied to an ad, arranged a pick up time, etc only to have the person say one hour before that they were out of town that day...thanks Cassandra (sarcasm) I really wanted the item and don't understand why you would play games.
    Just an update....three weeks later the crockpot ad is still running in the paper. I guess Cassandra never sold it. I found a better new Crockpot at Giant Tiger this week for the same price.
    Ciel and sweetmomma like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    i don't get why people email asking if the item is still available, i replied yes, then they took their sweet time to reply back just to say oh i'll let you know when i'm in the area. GRRRR or they ask you to hold the item, set up a date and time for pickup or meeting, then no show. ARGGG.
    and maybe it's just me but i find it annoying when people post their stuff as "mint condition with a few dents and scratches" ummm i'm sure that's not the definition of mint condition.
    Yes it it has happened to me - both with selling and buying stuff. Very annoying.
    Ciel and sweetmomma like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i don't get why people email asking if the item is still available, i replied yes, then they took their sweet time to reply back just to say oh i'll let you know when i'm in the area.
    I took to posting a few things on the bottom of my ads that seemingly have deterred this kind of behaviour

"Serious inquiries ONLY"

"I will only reply to offers made on the item"

and

"Please do not ask if the item is still available...
    If you can still see this ad, the item is still available.
    I remove my ads promptly once the item is sold."

and then I don't reply to their email if they simply ask "still available?"

Nope, "mint" means in a condition like it just came off the factory floor. Never been opened, never been bruised. Packaging is pristine.

as soon as dents and scratches are on it, it's not mint. it can be "like new" but by my definition, that's stretching it.
    I would say more likely that it was in "excellent condition, works perfectly, minor scratches and/or dents".
    barbis9, Ciel, sweetmomma and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I really want to copy and paste a conversation...

Grrrrr...

Nice girls finished last.

Just blacklisted a FB buyer. Over books I am selling for a $1. MY LOCATION IS POSTED! Your conversation read like bad suspense book.

"Oh sorry, too far for me."
    barbis9, Ciel, sweetmomma and 2 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

I know everyone gets the same "still available?" inquires when selling items but I'm curious if everyone else's are worded EXACTLY the same, time and time again. 99% of mine are "Hi, I'm interested. Please contact me if this is still available."

Sometimes I swear its just the same person with nothing better to do sending inquiry after inquiry. LOL

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We hired movers off of kijiji. We rented the truck and confirmed the time and price of the day of the move. Morning of the move, we pick up the truck a little early, have it ready in our driveway, time of....no movers show up, called. left a message, 15 minutes later still no reply.... more texts, more calls from multiple numbers (as I thought they might just be dodging me) absolutely no word back, called and cancelled an hour and a half later.... so here we are with a truck and no movers, i've missed work..... and so we struggled through moving everything ourselves.... a dozen bruises and sore backs later.... not worth it. My health comes before my finances. I would have paid anyone 10X what I was paying the original company but nobody could do anything on short notice. I've never been so angry in my life. At least have the decency to just TELL me or apologize.... that is not how you treat customers.
    barbis9, Ciel, sweetmomma and 1 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

that's how most people word theres
    barbis9 and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupongirl99 View Post
    I know everyone gets the same "still available?" inquires when selling items but I'm curious if everyone else's are worded EXACTLY the same, time and time again. 99% of mine are "Hi, I'm interested. Please contact me if this is still available."

Sometimes I swear its just the same person with nothing better to do sending inquiry after inquiry. LOL
    Never had that, it's always, "Is it still available?" No greeting or anything.

Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast

Thread Information