User Tag List

Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Just an update....three weeks later the crockpot ad is still running in the paper. I guess Cassandra never sold it. I found a better new Crockpot at Giant Tiger this week for the same price.
    Would you believe that Cassandra sent me a text yesterday saying the item is still available if I wanted it?....hello the lights are on but I guess no one is home....Lol.
    Last edited by barbis9; Mon, Aug 15th, 2016 at 11:02 AM.
    Ciel, sweetmomma, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm getting so tired of trying to sell stuff. If we weren't trying to declutter, I'd say screw it.

Someone messaged me about an item I have for sale, saying they 100% want it. My postal code is posted, they said their husband was coming through town. My house is not on the way through to where he's going, it's actually about 20 minutes out of the way, but as my location is posted I figured people are smart enough to click it, see where I am, and not bother if I'm too far out of the way. Nope. I hoped for too much.

Someone wants me to come 30 minutes out of MY way to the other end of town, 2 hours after I told them I would be home from work and available for pick up. I'd have to actually make a special trip across town and waste $10 worth of gas. No thank you!
    barbis9, Ciel, sweetmomma and 6 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Two of the usual Kijjiji specials this week. One 'I'm interested, is it still available?'....two replies later by me, you guessed it, no further response. WHY did you even bother to ask? Second one, 'I'm interested and can pick it up tomorrow, just email me your address'. Did just that and well, we all know what happened right? No show, no reply to my follow up asking if they would be coming the day after...etc. Really wish there was some way to e-mail people like this with an 'e-fart' or something to punctuate your displeasure with having your time wasted by their ignorance.
    barbis9, Ciel, sweetmomma and 4 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hahah -I have to laugh( a lot of comments are like mine) as I have been selling on kijiji for a few years now and lately -I get "is this still available" "im interested "
    the im interested was all they put so I proceeded to tell them the area I am in and said get back to me please -nothing -I am about ready to pack it in some days -ugggggg
    barbis9, Ciel, sweetmomma and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

I have been getting many women saying they have to ask their husband..then no response! Let me guess your husband said NO!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I am on a trading app and people there are just as useless. They reach out to me to ask me questions about my stuff, then ignore me for days while they keep posting in the app. I can see you are online, stupid. Then when I respond to tell them that I see them posting, and if they choose to keep ignoring me I will trade with someone else, I get nasty comments
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by OakieRF View Post
    Two of the usual Kijjiji specials this week. One 'I'm interested, is it still available?'....two replies later by me, you guessed it, no further response. WHY did you even bother to ask? Second one, 'I'm interested and can pick it up tomorrow, just email me your address'. Did just that and well, we all know what happened right? No show, no reply to my follow up asking if they would be coming the day after...etc. Really wish there was some way to e-mail people like this with an 'e-fart' or something to punctuate your displeasure with having your time wasted by their ignorance.
    E-fart lol, hope you stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I am on a trading app and people there are just as useless. They reach out to me to ask me questions about my stuff, then ignore me for days while they keep posting in the app. I can see you are online, stupid. Then when I respond to tell them that I see them posting, and if they choose to keep ignoring me I will trade with someone else, I get nasty comments
    My #1 peeve

Kijidiot (ok really FB buy and sell moron, but not as funny) - Interested

Me (a nanosecond later) - PMed you, please check message requests

Kijidiot - ...

Me (twenty years later) - were you still interested, we were both online when you commented...
    barbis9, macw1960, Candini and 2 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

New one today. Trading forum (not here).

Them: What do you want for this?
    Me: Check my wish list
    Them: Which things on the wish list do you actually want for this?

Are you actually serious?
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I listed my location on my ads, and they still ask where I'm located... omgerd !
    barbis9 and coupongirl99 like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sampler View Post
    I listed my location on my ads, and they still ask where I'm located... omgerd !
    On the flip side of this, one time I assumed I knew where someone was located because they had their postal code listed, but when I was ready to pick the item up and asked for the address, they told me a completely different area that was actually at the other end of town as opposed to the 15 minutes away I thought I'd be going based on the postal code!

Some people (buyers and sellers) are just stupid!
    barbis9, torontogal12 and bobpj like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow out of 5 people messaging me the last 2 days on items on kijiji -after I say its still available -some don't get back -uhhh
    -I did have one sale today 9.00 (clutch)for me 4.00 book for my daughter -and she only came to buy the book so that was a nice change
    barbis9 and seylz_gurl like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    On the flip side of this, one time I assumed I knew where someone was located because they had their postal code listed, but when I was ready to pick the item up and asked for the address, they told me a completely different area that was actually at the other end of town as opposed to the 15 minutes away I thought I'd be going based on the postal code!

I'm GUILTY of this one... but with purpose. It's because postal codes can be narrowed down to a few houses for the most part. When I'm selling, I never bring strange Kijiji people to my home. I meet them in a neutral location. I don't want all these freaks (not calling you one) on Kijiji knowing where I live within a few houses.

Now, I dont pick a place across town either, but I appreciate the need to not put your actual postal code.
    barbis9 and torontogal12 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Not sure how someone would be able to locate you by a Postal Code, our whole town has the same Postal Code. Same can be said for the town I work in the whole town has the same Postal Code. Granted I live in the boonies but I looked up another location in a bigger town and even knowing where our location is I cannot track it down by Postal Code.

But also if you don't want people to come to your home why not just post in the area X Street & Y Street which can be a local Tim Horton's or where ever you like to meet buyers.

I think the biggest issue is everyone wants to complain about how people waste time on these sites but yes I have passed on items when someone has had the wrong location because it is completely out of my way. I also know a couple people have accused me of wasting their time even though the whole wanting the item and passing on the item happened within half an hour. It is one thing to think your in an area I go to regularly but to find out I would have to go out of my way and spend extra gas $$$ may be the difference between my willingness to go second hand or with this factored in, in some cases I might as well buy new for the cost.
    barbis9 and dededi like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    I'm GUILTY of this one... but with purpose. It's because postal codes can be narrowed down to a few houses for the most part. When I'm selling, I never bring strange Kijiji people to my home. I meet them in a neutral location. I don't want all these freaks (not calling you one) on Kijiji knowing where I live within a few houses.

Now, I dont pick a place across town either, but I appreciate the need to not put your actual postal code.
    I agree! But if you put in somewhere that you intend to meet (eg the neutral location, like a coffee shop's postal code) that's totally fine, or if you put in a postal code that's 'off' a bit (A1A 1A3 instead of A1A 1A1 for example) I see no foul with that. You're still directing them to the right area, not one area and then saying "oh yeah no I'm actually across town from that".

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Not sure how someone would be able to locate you by a Postal Code, our whole town has the same Postal Code. Same can be said for the town I work in the whole town has the same Postal Code. Granted I live in the boonies but I looked up another location in a bigger town and even knowing where our location is I cannot track it down by Postal Code.
    My postal code has 18 houses in it, including mine. We're on the smaller end of a code because a large part of the coverage backs onto mountains that are owned by those homeowners so there are no additional houses back there. Other postal codes near my house have 18-30 houses in them.

If your town has general delivery/everyone has a PO box, you'll all have the same postal code.
    DaveP and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

The amount of time & energy you waste on the Kijiji idiot people is amazing. If you spend the same time doing a minimum wage job, you will still come out ahead

No ethics & values left any more with some of these Kijiji guys. Old fashioned garage sales are probably better and less risky, I guess.
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Fri, Aug 26th, 2016 at 12:17 PM.
    barbis9 likes this.

Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast

Thread Information