User Tag List

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree358Likes

Thread: 2013 Christmas AA Club

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

"Hello, I am bgheuchert, and I am a Christmasaholic....."

If you have been following the "2012 Christmas Club" thread then you already know what to do! For those of you that haven't here is an intro :

We on this thread are a little OCD about Christmas, it is our addiction, our obsession, and we LOVE to post about our Christmas shopping finds (and pretty much anything Christmas) so join the fun and hit us with your great finds, craft inspirations, baking ideas, and all things CHRISTMAS!!!!!Don't let Christmas 2013 sneak up on you or stress you out, be prepared and start early, like NOW
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    www.facebook.com/perduemassageclinic good things come to those who like my page

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I will be a brave second post. I am going after the gift sets -- watching the prices go down, down, down.
    All my guys (family and other) got stocking stuffers with Dove for Men, Vasoline for Men, Clear 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner, lip balm with SPF 15. I have learned that guys like lip balm, but don't let their ladies know.They were comparing their stocking stuffers to see who got the best men things.

If they only knew how little I paid.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

May I just say, WOO HOO!!!
    bgheuchert and jasperandchar like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bgheuchert View Post
    Don't let Christmas 2013 sneak up on you or stress you out, be prepared and start early, like NOW
    And, you won't have to be around those angry Christmas shoppers and stand in long line ups.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I picked up 14 gift sets with 50,000 SDM points yesterday. They are the start of my Christmas baskets for our two local battered women shelters for Christmas 2013. Also got a gift set for my mom and one for daughter. Feels good to be started already. For 2013 one of my goals is to have the stocking stuffers and womens shelter baskets done by the time September arrives.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Of course over Christmas holidays u see tons of ornaments pinned on pintrest and all i can think of are the coupons from Micheal's that I am going to use to pick up supplies for the ones that I want to make through out the year. Of course I love to do other hand made thing as well, this year I may even start my Homemade Vanilla in February so it is amazingly steeped and I can start giving it away , packaging, and wrapping it WAY early

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

redeemed Huggies points and pampers points for giftcards for next year's teachers gifts. Those free points add up ...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Oh boy I have bought a lot in the last few days!!. just finished packing it all away in Rubbermaid tubs. I have purchased about 12 Gift sets... Aveeno and Neutrogena, a few of Lise Watier gift sets, bath sets ETC. I have purchased my granddaughter's Christmas dress and I have 9 small gifts to go toward her advent calender. I also found great baking containers at Homesense. Oh and an obscene amount of paper and ribbon. I have also purchased 5 or 6 hostess/ teacher gifts. Oh almost forgot 2 boxes of Christmas cards!! My husband just pretends he hasn't noticed how many bags are in my craft room. I don't have a problem at all!!
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Sat, Dec 29th, 2012 at 01:58 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I am banned from Christmas paper, ribbon, bags, etc. because my stash is beyond 'obscene. But thanks for the reminder about Christmas cards! I need to find them next week when they go down to 75% off (hopefully).
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    I am banned from Christmas paper, ribbon, bags, etc. because my stash is beyond 'obscene. But thanks for the reminder about Christmas cards! I need to find them next week when they go down to 75% off (hopefully).
    Sorry that you are banned.

Independent in the GTA had Christmas napkins for $0.94. Some were red without Christmas images, so could be used at Valentines, birthdays etc. I had $0.50 Auto Cash from the Independent gas bar, so the 20 napkins (2 or 3 ply) were $0.44

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    My condolences for the ban on paper and ribbons! I need to reign myself in though. I have a lot but I had the brain wave that each of my four children and their families will have there own colour scheme for wrapping so I can easily spot whose gift is belongs to each family so finding the gifts under the tree is simplified! There is nothing worse than handing out presents and digging around for the one person's gift.Yup still obsessed!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

woo-hoo so excited, already purchased an ornament for my son on boxing day (lol) and need to get my fanny to Toys R US to use up my beyblades & nerf coupons from Kelloggs promomo as well need to find the best deal on Little Pet Shop sets, I will be donating all these toys this coming year!

Love this thread, my goal is to be finished all my Christmas Shopping done by Halloween with the EXCEPTION my kids because eldest son likes to change his mind (lol).

Nancy
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

RCSS had deals around every corner:
    * Dove for Men body wash
    * Neutrogena for Men gift set: shave gel + moisturizer
    * Nivea body wash
    * Vasoline for Men lotion
    * Vileda Scrunge for ceramic cook tops (this was an actual request for a gift)
    * Clear 2-in-1 shampoo + conditioner
    * Tea (lots - for Amerifriends coming soon -- they can't get their favourite in the States)
    * Neutrogena gift set: lip balm (SPF 15), lotion, bonus lotion

Checked the expiry dates -- go into 2014
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Mon, Dec 31st, 2012 at 02:01 PM.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

So I make homemade soap, and right now I am cooking up my first laundry bar batch, we will see how it turns out, I have wanted to make this for a while (homemade laundry detergent can be SO GOOD and even cheaper than couponing it unless you are getting it for free), I am not sure if people would want that as a gift though, maybe packaged properly, what do you guys think!?
    Angela273 and thriftygranny like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I have started knitting dishclothes . I have yarn to use up,and I plan on making a few baskets this year.
    my plan for this year is to do swagbucks - got 350.00 in amazon.ca $ last year. it rocks.
    watch sales, buy early.
    I have lapgans, and kitchen gift baskets to make up.
    also this year I plan on donating sdm points/cash to our local foodbank. posiblely adopt a family....
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information