User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Anybody else having problems printing Smartsource coupons?

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Hi,

I always had problems printing Smartsource coupons but I have managed to get by but lately my MacBook (using Mac OS X Version 10.7.5) will not let me print any of the Smartsource coupons. It keep saying that my Java is not up to date. I can't even seem to be able to update Java for some reason.

Anybody else in the same boat? Wondering if Java might not be working with OS X anymore or if it is my technological incompetence that is causing me problems.
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, MAC Cosmetics, Smart Source
    walkonby and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    272 (100%)

I'm a PC user but my BF is Mac all the way. I tried to print some Smartsource on Saturday on his computers, and received the same error. It used to work fine, but this is the first time i've tried to print anything since he's run the latest upgrades, not sure if it has something to do with that, but let me tell you I was steaming mad! Had to go all the way into work to print off two coupons before my shopping!
    Newfiescreech and oscarandme like this.

Senior Canuck ShoestringShopper's Avatar
    Trading Score
    47 (100%)

I'm a PC user, but I've been having that exact problem for some time. I've tried everything to fix Java/update Java/reinstall Java, though it seemed to work fine with some programs and not others. Then I switched to Firefox instead of Internet Explorer and I haven't had a single problem since. I can go in IE and try to print coupons and I get an error message about Java. Then I go straight to Firefox, open the exact same page and print coupons with no problem.
    Since you're using a Mac, I don't know how that would apply. I thought the issue was IE because it doesn't happen when I use a different browser, but if you're experiencing the same Java issues on a Mac, maybe the problem is with Java itself? I'm completely in the dark about Mac, but do you have different browser options to try? Works on my PC every time.
    Newfiescreech and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It also tells me I need to update java. When it works I take advantage of it.
    torontogal12 and oscarandme like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have the same exact problems as you. I also have macbook pro, which has the latest software and java keep on reporting the same error as you discusses. I downloaded firefox and it works perfect. I've been printing my smart source coupons off there for the past 2 months.
    macw1960 and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Ok. Thanks for the responses.

I will try to download Firefox. Wish me luck.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

try uninstalling java ,, and installing again

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I have installed Firefox and I have no more problems with Java. I will continue to use Safari but will switch to Firefox when I want to print Smartsource coupons.

Thanks for all your help.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I can't print off smart source coupons or target ones. It just says initializing print and doesn't do anything after that. Drives me nuts. Im using a macbook pro… I'm going to try downloading firefox and see if that works.

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

I have FF and still can't print any.
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled and still no luck.
    I'm just not able to print any SS or Target coupons.

damp is a gross word.
    Trading Score
    263 (100%)

I've provided sacrificial offerings at the printers alter, but still smartsource will never believe I have the latest version of java installed.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

What I do (and for some reason it seems to work):

1. Open up a tab and go to the Java website - click the Do I have java? button - Verify Java Version

2. As soon as it verifies my Java version is up to date I open a new tab and print my coupon

Sometimes I have to redo the above steps to print the second coupon, sometimes it works fine.
    elayjosh, macw1960 and oscarandme like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I also have a Mac laptop. I manage to get it working, then they do an upgrade and I am screwed.

I hate Smartsource printables. hate hate hate. Try Java for Oracle instead of regular Java. Usually that fixes it

It used to work fine at my parents who have a PC, but now I get error messages there. *sigh*
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I can print smart source on my macbook os10 version 10.6.8 with no problems and on my desktop as well but sometimes I get the error message on the desktop have to preferences and click on java and it usually works. However I can't print websaver coupons and it is pain in the butt.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I have a pc and go through the install/remove od versions and all and often, works for a while..does everyone get the new updates too amost every day?? are they working round the clock with updates that need to be ammended every day..I just want it to print SMARTSOURCE...JAVA...
    macw1960 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information