User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: asking for clothes then selling online

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Oh yuck...you would think as friends you wouldn't have to ask for possible scenarios before the clothes leaving your home. I too think you should speak to her. What else is she hidding on you? Friendship is so precious and to completely trust someone is difficult and I would consider this a red and you might want to reconsider other red s you might not have noticed. That is terrible if she is having financial issues but you do not use friends like that - you deserve better. I'd rather be alone than have a proven red friendship.

Good luck and only you can know how to approach this but..this sounds like a troubled friendship and alhough friendships can be work, betrayal to me is something I find difficult to forgive. It will be ineresting to see wha she says.
    Last edited by oscarandme; Sat, Feb 8th, 2014 at 05:24 PM.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

So very unfriendly You will know the best way to deal with her. Sometimes confrontation can be hard. Think of how long you have been friends for and how much she means to you. Then take it from there. Good luck. It is a difficult situation for sure.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Awful... especially if these were clothes that you would otherwise have worn yourself!

What prompted you to check online? Did you have some inkling that she would do something like this?

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I always try to figure out reasons. Is it possible she has a gambling or drug problem? Friendships -even family relationships get destroyed in those situations. You could just tell her how you feel in this situation. Then tell her what you want - the clothes- the money - her promise to be honest in the future- or no future contact. Do you generally enjoy her company? Maybe you can teach her how to save money by coupon ing.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I had a similar situation, only the items in question were cloth diapers. Hundreds of dollars worth. I gave them to a friend after she asked for them for her newborn and days later they hit kijiji. I ignored it and immediately dropped the friendship. She asked me why and I offered no reason. Not worth my time.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

So, OP.... what happened?
    avoncallingu and francine1985 like this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

That is crazy. If you are asking for things, that means you need them, why go and sell them. Friends don't do this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by goulaisgirl View Post
    My girlfriend asked for some summer tops as she just lost alot of weight and is low on funds. so i let her take some of my tops that she stated she liked. and then the next day i see she posted them online auction.
    If she lost a lot of weight, is low on funds, lied to you about needing clothes, and then is trying to sell them for money, maybe she has a drug addiction. All the signs are there!
    niro_anan likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

abit wierd ... maybe you should ask her if she wanted to wear the clothes or sell them in the first place... then tell her you could sold them yourself if you knew thats where they were heading...

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

also how did she lose weight... makes me wonder if shes maybe not eating? to not spend money of food?
    MillieH likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information