User Tag List

Page 2 of 206 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
Like Tree3703Likes

Thread: What's the last movie you saw and what do you rate it out of 10????

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    slumdog millionaire 8/10
    want to see that still

Quote Originally Posted by mommyp View Post
    I saw Yes Man last night with my hubby. We give it 8/10. It left us laughing and wondering how many people will try this after seeing the movie.
    we just saw this too! it could have been better but it did have a few hilarious moments

Quote Originally Posted by Shandoe View Post
    Saw Wall-E yesterday ... 9/10 ... it was pretty cute!!
    so cute!!!
    eeeeeeeeeeeeva

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hancock. 4/10

The initial set-up wasn't bad. But it was really heavy-handed without anything to back it up. It was a collection of superhero cliches written by people that don't understand WHY those cliches are tested. I enjoyed the first 30 minutes or so, but it just went downhill from there. The other thing that bugged me if there was a lot of moments where you were SUPPOSED to feel badly for the characters (or angry at the bad guy) but the pace of the movie was such that you weren't really attached to the characters: That kind of thing works with Superman or Batman because people come into the flick with backstory already.

I would recommend it for people that liked Spider-Man 3. Ugh.

Here is a collection of cliches ("tropes") used in the movie, explained better than I could but it might be tl;dr for some people:
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Hancock
    Last edited by Jacq; Sun, May 31st, 2009 at 12:57 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Just took DS and 3 friends to see Terminator Salvation yesterday. I usually just drop them off because they always want to see those juvenile comedy movies but this one I had to see. I did not sit with them.LOL

For fans of the series you will not be disappointed. It answers alot of questions although leaves room for another one for sure. Christian Bale is fine as John Conner and that other guy who I can't remember his name, he plays Marcus, is seriously cute. One of my favorite all time Canadian actors is in it Michael Ironside. There's a surprise appearance by someone and the only thing I can't figure out and is left unsaid is the character Jane Alexander plays. I was thinking she was supposed to be Sarah Conner but it doesn't say. Did anyone else get that impression? Or did I miss something?

Anyhoo 10/10 from me.

Junior Canuck fierce_angel_6000's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ooo I really want to see this movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Just took DS and 3 friends to see Terminator Salvation yesterday. I usually just drop them off because they always want to see those juvenile comedy movies but this one I had to see. I did not sit with them.LOL

For fans of the series you will not be disappointed. It answers alot of questions although leaves room for another one for sure. Christian Bale is fine as John Conner and that other guy who I can't remember his name, he plays Marcus, is seriously cute. One of my favorite all time Canadian actors is in it Michael Ironside. There's a surprise appearance by someone and the only thing I can't figure out and is left unsaid is the character Jane Alexander plays. I was thinking she was supposed to be Sarah Conner but it doesn't say. Did anyone else get that impression? Or did I miss something?

Anyhoo 10/10 from me.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

watched tokyo! last night. I'd give it an 8/10, im a sucker for Gondry, he's just way too creative for his own good. the other two parts by other directors were really cool too. if you arent annoyed by subtitles i suggest checking it out!

bug
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Saw The Proposal recently. It was predictable like all romantic comedies are, but it was still funny and provided light entertainment. So 7.5/10 but not something you'd see again. I think the two main actors here were great together...Sandra Bullock hasn't been in a movie for a long time, and Ryan Reynolds was the perfect co-star (I might not have seen it if the costar had been someone else).

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

gran torino - I loved clint eastwood in this. It was a serious movie. About an old man, whose wife dies and he is pretty much bitter about a lot of things and on his last legs. Dramatic ending. 8/10

Revolutionary road - it was good. kate winslet/leonardo dicaprio, about a couple that are dealing with a lot of troubles in their marriage, ideas of moving to paris, starting over, wife is pretty depressed about not having a job and wanting to start over, dramatic ending as well. 7/10

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The last movie I saw was The Proposal

7/10 for the rom-com genre. Typical, but cute. =)

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Bruno - 4/10
    I liked borat a lot, you have to like these kinds of movies to like this one. But this movie had too much questionable scenes that were more shocking than funny.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

27 Dresses 4/10 harsh, but did not keep me interested past the first 10 mins.

Miss March (unrated) this movie did baddly in theatres, but I'm actually going to give it an 8/10. Now normally I don't like these movies, but this one was so bad it was good, went back to being bad and shot back to being good. Not for the faint of heart. Beers also helped.

Fan Boys 7/10, what can I say? I love Star Wars too, and I would be that big of a nerd to do something like that. I was turned off a little because Kristen Bell is done up like Avril Lavigne, and I dislike her enough to judge anything that has her in it harshly.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Transformers 2 - 8/10 much better story line than the first

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post

Fan Boys 7/10, what can I say? I love Star Wars too, and I would be that big of a nerd to do something like that. I was turned off a little because Kristen Bell is done up like Avril Lavigne, and I dislike her enough to judge anything that has her in it harshly.
    Also saw it and it's funny
    <center></center><center></center><center></center><center></center><center></center>http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/FreebieChick
    http://www.winster.com/refer.jsp?uid=n30kdpgphys5r

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

The new Harry Potter - 7/10

It's still a must-see for fans, but anyone who has read the book might be disappointed as the movie leaves quite a bit out. Also I felt that the end of the movie was nowhere near as dramatic or suspenseful as it should have been and as it felt when reading the book.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Adventureland ... 6/10 ... it was FINE but very slow

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

last movie we saw was The Proposal...6/10...wasn`t that great certainly could have been better.

Page 2 of 206 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread Information