User Tag List

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47
Like Tree3253Likes

Thread: Jumping July Savings (frugal chatter thread) 2014

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

So the roofers re-did the shingles on all three buildings (house, garage, and shed) on Wednesday. Yesterday I realized there were issues with the quality of the work. Today I took pictures and contacted our insurance, because they were the ones who picked the company and will be paying them. They hurried through the job because the didn't want to drive back again the next day. There are nails through the shingles that punctured the metal on the outside edging. Other area have big areas where the metal didn't seal and it certainly isn't water proof. I recommended not paying them until someone comes back and fixes the multiple mistakes. Dh is going up on the roofs this weekend to check out the rest of it. I was happy to get the roofs fixed, but not like this.

I texted the lady who was supposed to come and buy baby clothes at 2:00pm today. Good thing that I did because she completely forgot and booked an appointment for her LO at the same time. She asked about coming tomorrow, but I declined. I suggested that she come to the garage sale on August 9th, since everything she wanted to see will be in that sale. It will hopefully make for a little less work for me. She wanted to see size 6+months, plus baby shoes of various sizes. That would have been a lot of boxes for me to move back into the house for her to look through, the boxes are all stored in the shed. I have everything sorted by size, etc. Can't say that I'm surprised.

A lady on a local Facebook page posted free crab apples from her tree. I gave her my number and she is going to contact me when they are ripe. I'm not the only person, but we don't need that much. Free crab apples is nice, but it's still a lot of work because she said the apples are small.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Had my feet done today. They always feel so good afterwards.
    Also went shopping. Told myself I wasn`t going to buy any more towels but still managed to come home with about 30. Found some new patterns so I couldn`t resist. At least I`ll eventually get my money back from them.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Friday is over (well the work day) yippee, only bad news is I now have to work tomorrow. A girl I work with Grandfather had a heart attack today so I traded weekends with her. I will do tomorrow and she will work labour day weekend for me. I know it is the right thing to do but will not lie I was really looking forward to 3 days in a row off. I have a feeling we will be super slow tomorrow long weekends are always very hit and miss and normally good weather equals no business as no one wants to work around the house.

Looking over the flyers now to see if we will go grocery shopping once I get off work or not. I had been planning to stay in all weekend but since I have to work now if there are things we need on sale might as well go out and get them.

Hope everyone has a great evening.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Here's the link to the August thread....oops sorry for the delay as I was away at the lake

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/388610-...a/#post6029826
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@thriftygranny have a great time with your son camping/fishing I'm sure you'll both have a wonderful adventure and lasting memories

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Evening Everyone,
    Friday is over (well the work day) yippee, only bad news is I now have to work tomorrow. A girl I work with Grandfather had a heart attack today so I traded weekends with her. I will do tomorrow and she will work labour day weekend for me. I know it is the right thing to do but will not lie I was really looking forward to 3 days in a row off. I have a feeling we will be super slow tomorrow long weekends are always very hit and miss and normally good weather equals no business as no one wants to work around the house.

Looking over the flyers now to see if we will go grocery shopping once I get off work or not. I had been planning to stay in all weekend but since I have to work now if there are things we need on sale might as well go out and get them.

Hope everyone has a great evening.
    Although it sucks it is absolutely the right thing to do, good for you for stepping forward I am sure your co-working is extremely relieved and appreciated. Enjoy the nice weather while you can all those unpleasant to do lists can be done when the weather is crappier' (lol) just my 2 cents

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Had my feet done today. They always feel so good afterwards.
    Also went shopping. Told myself I wasn`t going to buy any more towels but still managed to come home with about 30. Found some new patterns so I couldn`t resist. At least I`ll eventually get my money back from them.
    My mom is diabetic and she gets her feet done as well, it's such a nice feeling to know they are done properly and carefuly and bonus to be treated . As for the towels have fun, you are a crocheting machine

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Angela how upsetting to have your roof not done to the proper standards, I would definitely contact the insurance company like you did and have them come out and have a peek

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Lizzie welcome home and glad that you spotted the allergic reaction that your mom was having, glad you managed to have a good visit with your niece and great niece.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    My mom is diabetic and she gets her feet done as well, it's such a nice feeling to know they are done properly and carefuly and bonus to be treated . As for the towels have fun, you are a crocheting machine
    Haha! That`s what my mom used to call me. She couldn`t understand how I could do it so fast.
    SassyAshley likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I am at work, and we are going to go shopping after work. I wrote a grocery list with my mom last night and I was surprised at her comment that everything on sale is processed crap. We do not eat a lot of boxed meals as it is, never have it has never been my mom's way. But it seems like right now she is really on board with my cutting out packaged foods and eating better with a few small exceptions, she has made it clear she is not ready to do homemade cereal yet (not so bad she is only asking for Raisin Bran which I got a few weeks ago on sale) and she has said she will not say there is anything she can never eat again (chips, fries and so on) which is fine with me as I refuse to do the same the way I see it if I am eating 90% fruits and vegetables all day if I want fries with dinner it is okay as long as we do not do it night after night. So our grocery list is mostly fresh produce again which works for me.

Only downside to working today is we really need to go to Costco as Mom has not made it in to buy me more reactine, since she decided since it was in the house she might as well start taking it as well my supply that should have lasted to me to October or November is extremely low and being the one who is having skin reactions from head to toe kind of afraid to see what would happen if I do not take it. So we may have to venture into Costco on a Saturday afternoon of a long weekend which I am not looking forward too. I had convinced Mom if she did not go before the weekend she had to get up early so we could be there for 9:15 and get in before it gets insane, but now I am at work and Costco is a 30 minute drive so not like Mom can pop in before I get off work.

Well we open in 10 minutes better go get the front office ready (I am down in my office at the other end of the building clearing up some paperwork). Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Crochetlady likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47

Thread Information