User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Club Sobeys To Be Replaced By AIR MILES in Western Canada

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Heard today that Sobey's is ending their club card programme. They are shifting over to AirMiles.

Much preferred the club points. You actually earned every time you shopped not like Safeway where you have to spend $20 at a time to see anything.

Much as I hate to say this, it looks like I'm heading over to Superstore and Wally Mart
    This thread is currently associated with: IGA, Sobeys, Thrifty Foods, Air Miles, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Safeway

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Oh No...I loved Club Sobeys. I always converted mine into Aeroplan. I don't use airmiles nearly as often.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

that is really an odd thing to do! i hope they don't transition the thrifty foods points (which is based off the club sobeys) out too
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I checked for you, it is western Canada only

Yes. This fall, customers can begin swiping their AIR MILES Collector Cards to earn AIR MILES reward miles in-store at Sobeys, IGA, Thrifty Foods and Sobeys Liquor locations in Western Canada. Please visit www.airmiles.ca for more details as they become available.
    This summer, in advance of the launch, Sobeys customers in the west will be able to convert their Club Sobeys points to AIR MILES reward miles. Visit www.clubsobeys.com in late July for more information.

Thrifty Foods customers have the option now to convert their Club Thrifty Foods points to AIR MILES reward miles. Visit www.clubthiftyfoods.com for more information.

There are no changes at this time to the Club Sobeys program in Ontario with the exception of Sobeys Red Lake which will transition from Club Sobeys to the AIR MILES Reward Program.

Personally, I prefer Air Miles over Club Sobeys, but you guys seem to get better offers than ON members
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Sobeys have announced that they are ending their Club Sobeys loyalty program in Western Canada (it will continue as is in Ontario for now with the exception of Sobeys Red Lake which will transition from Club Sobeys to the AIR MILES Reward Program). This fall, customers can begin swiping their AIR MILES Collector Cards to earn reward miles in-store at Sobeys, IGA, Thrifty Foods and Sobeys Liquor locations in Western Canada.

This summer, in advance of the launch, Sobeys customers in the west will be able to convert their Club Sobeys points to AIR MILES reward miles. You can visit www.clubsobeys.com in late July for more information on how to do this, but it is not yet available. Thrifty Foods customers have the option now to convert their Club Thrifty Foods points to AIR MILES reward miles. Visit www.clubthiftyfoods.com to switch your points.

If you have a Sobeys/BMO co-branded credit card, your card issuer will be in touch to arrange for your card to be switched to an Air Miles card, we recommend you ask for terms to ensure that you have the same interest and agreement on your new card before agreeing to the switch.

Click here for more information about the switch.

There is also a thread in rants: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/387561-...sobeys-canada/
    Dee09, plc and Peachykeen2007 like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I rather the air miles when I go out east to Cape Breton I use my air miles at Sobeys

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Here in Atlantic Canada you get airmiles at Sobeys. They're not worth much.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm glad it's not in Ontario. I don't think they can switch here because Metro has airmiles. I hate that you have to spend $20 to get 1 measely airmile. I stopped collecting them a couple of years ago when they lowered the value of them for the upteenth time. I can't stand that program!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

We've had the option of Sobeys points or Aeroplan.

Collecting Sobeys points is very very slow, but AM will be slower.

Won't stop me from shopping there, though. They have the best meat, deli, and decent produce.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

thriftys will convert to airmiles but i like my thrifty points.. i like that i can earn 1 point per dollar spent and they have bonuses.. and i don't want to lose that option

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks FallenPixels, nice to have a little more info and a more definite timeline.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

I am looking forward to this, rarely do I shop at Sobeys because it always took forever to earn points, fingers crossed they have good air miles deals
    plc likes this.

plc
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

The bonus coupons that were sent out for Club Sobeys were how I accumulated most of my points. I managed to use it to top off our Aeroplan points to be able to redeem for $50 gift card and had enough points for $50 redemption at Sobeys. I hope Sobeys continues with the personalized offer to earn airmlies. Now to decided if it is worth converting them to airmiles or cashing out at Sobeys...

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

My Sobeys is closing it's doors by July 31st. So I have to use up all my Club points ASAP or lose them!
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

nooo evil... airmiles will be taking over thrifty foods points starting this fall.. grrr now i need to figure out what to do with all my thriftys points before they get magically converted to airmiles which i hate!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information