User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Co-worker kindness

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

My son in law is going back to his home country for the first time in 13 years! He hasn't been able to go home primarily due to financial reasons and schooling. He is from Zimbabwe. He came here with nothing more than the clothes on his back. He has put (with the help of our family) himself through University and recently graduated with a BSc. Nursing. He is now earning an exceptional wage after years of working low paying jobs to pay for school. We are so very proud of him.

He has such a soft heart and is always looking out for other people. My daughter told me he recently spent over $100 at Talize buying clothing to take home for his family. I felt so bad! He didn't need to spend a dime. When I found out he was spending his money I put a notice up at my work asking if anyone had any old clothing sitting around they would like to donate to the less fortunate people in Africa. Well....my co-workers came through BIG TIME!

He ended up (and donations are still coming in) with 15 green garbage bags full of clothing of all sizes. Some people donated clothes with tags still on them. I was so overwhelmed at the generosity as was my son in law. Unfortunately he can only take a fraction of that with him due to luggage restrictions but we have already been in contact with a shipping company and we will ship a crate with the remaining donations when he returns from his visit home.

He also wanted a good camera to take home with him so he will have lasting memories and take photos of his family. His mother is very ill having suffered a stroke and she is unable to communicate very well. He also wanted to purchase a blood pressure monitor so she can keep an eye on her BP and hopefully prevent any further strokes.

I was feeling so bad that he spent money on clothing for his family when he could have used that money for other necessities that they need. So I went shopping with them Saturday to SDM and let them get what he needed to take home. When it came time to pay I stepped in and had the cashier scan my optimum card. I then told the cashier to take off 95,000 points for his purchases. He ended up paying $30 for over $200 worth of products including a camera and blood pressure monitor.

He was so thankful and just seeing the smile on his face was enough thanks for me.

He leaves tomorrow night for a month long visit. If you could please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. He is flying from Toronto to Amsterdam and then on to Harare. With the recent happenings I am praying he gets there safely.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Awesome!!!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

What an awesome brag. It's so great to hear about people pitching in to help others! Your son-in-law sounds like a great guy and sending best wishes for his journey and also for his mother!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

What a touching brag. It always amazes me how generous people are.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

What a beautiful brag! Hope he has a safe trip and lots of people benefit from the clothes!
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hope he has an awesome time with his family!
    CrazyQT, ticul and grannynellie like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

How nice of you to do that for him!

emg
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Great brag, kindness has no geographical barriers. He is lucky to have such an amazing mother in law.
    ROMEO, CrazyQT, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    Thinking of opening an ING account use this number 35728975S1 and both of us get a $50!! dollar bonus.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I hope he has a safe journey and make some wonderful memories with his family.
    ROMEO, CrazyQT, emg and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Your daughter has found herself a gem of a husband Such a big heart. He knows first hand what it is to have nothing and wants to generously share with others.
    Wishing him safe travels and a lifetime of memories.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Wow, what a nice life story. I am so happy that he is here with your family and yes there is some good people like your coworker to help. I wish him a safe an wonderful reunion with is family. Thank you CrazyQT for sharing such a great brag................
    ROMEO, CrazyQT, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great brag. So nice.
    ROMEO, CrazyQT, emg and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

What a great brag!! It made me realize all the things I take for granted!!wishing him a wonderful trip to see his family..
    CrazyQT, emg, torontogal12 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-such a nice story -hope he has a safe trip
    emg and grannynellie like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Thanks all I hope he has a fabulous time as well. I get to spend some time with my daughter while he is away. We will travel to Alberta and visit the mountains with my son. Excited to see him again.
    walkonby, emg and grannynellie like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information