User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree123Likes

Thread: Puppy mill dogs

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

It had just occurred to me that I've never told any of you about BIG T. She's our newest family member. As most of you know, I've got a big heart for the wee ones, and nothing gets my goat more that abuse to animals, big and small. About 3 months ago, I was at a fund raiser for dogs and that's where it happened. I ran into BIG T. I turned the corner and there she was. My initial thought was MARLEY, how the he!! did you get here! Same color, almost the same size, same fur....I was sure it was her.

Nope, BIG T was a rescue from a puppy mill. Her first rescue home kept her for 3 days and said she barked to much. Her second rescue home kept her for 5 days and said she was messing all over the place and they just couldn't do it. That was the day before the fund raiser and Big T was taken back to the shelter to be .....

She's 8, same age as my Marley, a purebred Pom, and about 5 pounds of funny, loveable, quirky fur!!! She has 1 front tooth that hangs to the side and 2 back teeth...and a few scares from where she was beaten. She's was found in the alley behind a house, left for dead, all bloodied about the face. From the investigation it was found that she was a puppy mill dog. The lady claims her boyfriend beat the dog, why.....her litter was still born. Apparently when the puppies are a week or so old, they are removed from the mom and hand reared. This puts the moms right back into heat again so they can be bred right away again I promised her when I took her that she would never see another kennel again and that the balance of her little life would be filled with love and fun and freedom from the cage. She didn't know how to walk on a leash, or off leash. She didn't know any basic commands like come, sit or stay. She wasn't house trained, but she was so..... I don't know what you call it, there was a connection. She was shaking so badly at the fund raiser that she just wanted to hide. She hid her tiny face into your body, no matter who was holding her. Poor little thing. She had been fixed, but the blood from the incision was still present down the length of her tummy. You could see in her eyes...OMG those eyes, there was something there, a will to live and a wanting to please and be loved.

So BIG T has been a member of our family for about 14 weeks now. They had named her Tia and I didn't want to change that, but after having her for a few weeks I began to see that personality of hers come out. Bigger than life, she's an entertainer, a dancer, a joker. She really has a personality that's so funny, and curious! She's an excellent leash walker now, although she prefers the off leash parks. She will come, sit, stay, wait, shake a paw, down, dance, no peeking, and we are working on a few other things right now. She is so smart, and her willingness to want to please allows her to learn quickly. She's almost house broken (she uses the little pee pads you use for puppies) but goes out on a regular schedule with Marley and is getting the hang of it. Her nails were so sharp and long when we got her that she had scratched and pulled out huge chunks of fur from her belly and she had cut herself. Poor thing.

This was the day we brought her home

Name:  ash and t resized.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  52.9 KB

Name:  nik and T resized.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  51.9 KB

This is her after her first haircut with us

Name:  resized.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  57.4 KB

She so loveable

Name:  resized Mar and t.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  49.4 KB

Name:  second sweet T.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  46.3 KB

Funniest thing ever, yesterday I took both Big T and Marley to the off leash park. There's a big lake there. So after about 5 minutes or so of running around and chasing after Marley, she decided she was going for a swim. She has jumped on the rocks that surround the lake, and I always told her off, thinking she was just excited, but this time when I said off, she just looked at me and jumped straight in....I called her, terrified that she'd drown, but she looked at me and continued swimming what was I going to do! NOTHING... she swam around for a minute or so, then made her way back to shore. She shook herself off and continued running down the path I couldn't believe it. I didn't know that poms were swimmers, but this one is. My Marley will walk a mile out of her way just to not have to walk through a puddle, but Big T...she just walks right through it. So now I know I have a little swimmer on my hands. I'll dig out Marleys life jacket (for when we are in the boat) and keep it handy incase Marley decides to join her friend for a dip. Next time we go I'm going to make sure I have my camera to get some video of it and I'll post it.

Imagine that, my little Big T (Tia is her name, that's the name she had when I got her) a swimmer
    Attached Images Attached Images              
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by hollyquaiscer; Wed, Aug 27th, 2014 at 10:17 AM.
    Horndogg, Andit, harbie and 7 others like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, Holly!! I'm all misty-eyed!! What a precious little bundle of fluff you have there!! And how fortunate for her that you turned that corner and changed her life, and lordy did it need a change! She's precious and always looks like she's smiling! But why wouldn't she, having found you!
    Bless her sweet heart; I know she's going to be a joy to you and your family for a long time to come!
    Bless you, too, for your big heart and all the love you have contained in it!
    Hugs, Holly...!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Thanks Lynn, she's been a real joy. We have lots of things to work on, but it's getting better every day. Such a sweet little girl and of coarse Marley just loves her too. I'm really lucky that Marley is so accepting of other dogs? I just saw her and that was it, she was coming home with me. She's been very happy here she's learning lots and is starting to act like a dog again. I'll post more tomorrow.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Name:  20140820_180935.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  40.2 KBName:  20140820_180935.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  40.2 KB
    Andit, harbie, Crochetlady and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, how very wonderful!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I've resized a couple pictures so they're not as fuzzy and BIG.

Name:  resized Mar and t.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  49.4 KB

Name:  second sweet T.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  46.3 KB

Name:  sweet Big t.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  42.4 KB
    Horndogg, Andit, harbie and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Well, I got a little teary here myself. You are awesome for giving that poor little creature a good home.
    And the two look like they grew up together lol. So cute.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Holly, you have a big heart and BigT just jumped right in it! How lucky for both of you - all of you!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Tears here
    She is so adorable so happy she finally gas z forever home. Im sure ghese will be thr best years of her life you're an amazing person
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Holly, I did not read everything. I had tears coming and I had to stop reading it. Wen it comes to any kind of abuse I can not read it or if on TV I change the chanel. My DH and I are the same. I will cry and my heart hurts too much and it hurts more wen I can not do nothing for them but praying. God put her in your life and you in her life for a good reason. I know that you will love her and she will love you like there is no tommorrow. Thank God for good people that take good care of those little Furry Babies as thei need us and we need them. You have 2 beautiful little angel and thei sure look very happy. I thank you so much for sharing such a beautiful brag.............................................. .....

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Oh Holly, she`s such a sweetheart and so are you for loving her and giving her a good home. Some people shouldn`t be allowed near animals.
    Horndogg, Andit, 22hicks and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

It's sad that there are horrible, abusive people in society but it is wonderful that we also have people like you My furry family are also rescues but none from a puppy mill. With many things to overcome, it's great to hear that she is adapting so well to her new environment. I wish you and your furry family all the best ♥
    Horndogg, Andit, 22hicks and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

I too cried and would not read all of your post. To be honest I am not a Pom lover but after reading all about yours I sure could be! I just love your pictures of them both. Boy they look the same. I too will not hurt any animal, small or big, Even spiders are good for something! God Bless you Holly and your little Poms too.
    Coin Out:
    https://coinout.com/referrals/new?r=MZC6CYR

Still paying with PayPal
    http://superpay.me/members/withdraw/list.php?ref=Truckerswife2

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Big T got the worst hand dealt to her coming from a Puppy Mill, but talk about getting a new lease on life with you holly!! The pics are so darn cute, that bottom tooth!! OMG, adorable. You sure have patience as well as a heart of gold.

babies teach us acceptance

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks for sharing
    Andit, 22hicks and hollyquaiscer like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information