15 (100%)

I'm going to bump up my contest entering! lol
    Angela273 likes this.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

My aunt from Alberta used to supplement her income collecting returnable bottles & cans. In Ontario that would only be beer and liquor bottles/cans, but I know she used to collect all sorts of drink containers (pop, juice, milk).
    I know someone who lives near an Ontario Provincial Park. Every Sunday morning during camping season they take their pickup truck to the garbage/recycling spots in the park and collect the beer bottles. The only cost is their annual park pass which they more than cover with the empties they collect.
    Angela273 and theo44 like this.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

DH earns most of the bonus income for our family doing overtime calls. Bless his heart, some nights in the winter when furnaces break down he does 4-6 extra calls. I really don't know that I would have the strength to roll my butt out of bed at 2am to fix someones furnace.

In the winter time I usually knit/crochet chunky scarves and infinity scarves and post them for sale. I enjoy making them and I've done one tradeshow so far with what I had for "stock" and started a pretty basic etsy shop. It isn't a lot of money, but since it is a hobby I enjoy it works I'm self-taught so as I get better, I'll expand into other things like hats.... I may have a slight obsession with chunky scarves, as I think I have about 10 of my own :D

While I was in university I also did the direct sales thing, and babysat for a family down the street.
    Last edited by beckie.c; Wed, Sep 17th, 2014 at 10:56 AM.
    Angela273 and theo44 like this.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I love the idea of starting an Etsy shop. I've been interested in making graphic art, subway art etc. I should teach myself and start designing!
    beckie.c likes this.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wimbly11 View Post
    I love the idea of starting an Etsy shop. I've been interested in making graphic art, subway art etc. I should teach myself and start designing!
    And you could blog about that. Or reselling things on kijiji.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Good point
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a small business in addition to my full time job, and I rent out my spare rooms. I too will be going on maternity leave (as of December 19th), and since I'm single I need all the extra income I can get.
    Angela273 likes this.

FLA
    Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

To do a part time job on top of a full time job is very tough.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Another Etsy store here. I make a couple bucks a month selling cross stitch patterns. I started a blog but currently make no money off of it. We sell our junk on Kijiji. DH does some computer trouble shooting at night. I'm a stay at home mom, but I've been thinking of ramping up the money making a bit.
    Giving-Small and Angela273 like this.
    Simple Cheap Mom

Earn Amazon and Pay Pal giftcards for surfing the Internet! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/addsup

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I started a blog earlier this year and it's given a little bit of income but is a ton of work. Luckily I love the topic (mainly saving money) so it works out well for me. There are a handful of blogs that are very successful but they are at it 24/7 and have multiple streams of income. I'd say investing is a better way to earn some passive income, especially if it's in a TFSA since it is 100% tax free.

The only type of truly 'passive' income I have come across is dividend income
    blueeyetea likes this.
    http://www.ourbigfatwallet.com - Saving, Investing & Frugal Living

Free Groceries! Use the referral code CRCAL-WESJAD at Spud.ca to get $20 off your first grocery order of $50 or more (a 40% savings)

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I did a few things on top of my full time job:
    1. Evening coordinator. I was by myself a lot, some time my hubby stayed with me and we watched shows, but it got real boring and super tiring after a few years.
    2. Data entry. I started out as any normal worker with this company (meaning I had to show up for work and stayed for the entire shift). I quit after one summer then came back on a very casual basis. I was able to take the documents home to type then transport them back to the office. Then the owners sold the company and I was not able to keep the job but I got a small "bonus".
    3. Transcription. I did medical transcription as well as non-medical. One of the companies was a local TV production. I picked up DVDs from the company, watched them at home and transcribed at the same time. Sometimes I made my hubby do the transcribing and kept the $ LOL. It was kind of neat because I got to see the new episodes before the general public. If you turn on the sub-title for some reality TV shows you probably see my handy work of course only the ones with correct spellings.
    Last edited by Purdee; Fri, Sep 26th, 2014 at 09:48 PM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    194 (100%)

I posted my side income sources for September here: http://www.moneysavvyme.ca/blog/extr...september-2014

I've also just become an Undercover Wear Agent (a home party company), which you can read about here: http://www.moneysavvyme.ca/blog/september-29th-2014
    Giving-Small likes this.
    Want to learn how to coupon? Check out this ultimate guide to couponing in Canada!

Love Swagbucks? Check out Treasure Trooper! Same idea, but also has a chat room and pays to play with dragons! Pays in USD! Click here for a $5 bonus when you sign up!

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Like how you broke it down - can you explain more about the global place you sell - it's not ebay or craigslist so I'd like to know more.

Quote Originally Posted by spanishpoet View Post
    I posted my side income sources for September here: http://www.moneysavvyme.ca/blog/extr...september-2014

I've also just become an Undercover Wear Agent (a home party company), which you can read about here: http://www.moneysavvyme.ca/blog/september-29th-2014
    spanishpoet likes this.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    194 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giving-Small View Post
    Like how you broke it down - can you explain more about the global place you sell - it's not ebay or craigslist so I'd like to know more.
    For sure! The global place is called Tripleclicks. You can choose to buy credits to post items for sale (1 credit per item; credits vary in price depending on whether you buy them individually or in packages), or pay a 15% fee at the time of sale for each item (free to list). It's really neat since people from around the world buy and sell (although you can chose which countries you sell to). It's an affiliate program, so you also get people from around the world advertising and promoting your products - which helps for sales (their cut comes from the 15% fee that you pay at the time of sale).

You can check it out here, or feel free to ask any other questions. I also have some promo codes that will give you 6 free listings if you want to go the credit way - pm me for one)
    Last edited by spanishpoet; Fri, Oct 3rd, 2014 at 04:41 PM.
    Want to learn how to coupon? Check out this ultimate guide to couponing in Canada!

Love Swagbucks? Check out Treasure Trooper! Same idea, but also has a chat room and pays to play with dragons! Pays in USD! Click here for a $5 bonus when you sign up!

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Thanks spanishpoet - how many items have you sold?
    macw1960 likes this.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information