User Tag List

Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 LastLast
Like Tree5611Likes

Thread: Thankful for Savings - October 2014 Frugal chatter thread

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

great news indeed momof5boys
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 3 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    voting is now open - have your say, vote will be open for 2 days

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/393576-...voting-canada/
    don't forget to vote!!!
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 2 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Voted
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-I am so darn tired tonight -2 days of watching "ashlyn" from 6:15 I have to be there she wakes up at 7.30-then naps for an hour and a half to 2 hours in afternoon (trust me I lie on the coach and read or just rest )mind you i did 2 loads of laundry for her this morning -and I am there til 4.15-I let my few dishes go tonight
    -I was in bed resting at 7.30-my son called and "said does it remind you of 29 years ago(heck no I was 25 then -now 55-I didn't tell him that thou
    -I am noticing her memory is awesome with books(the book I got her for her birthday"little lost owl" the firstpage states oh -ou-and the second page says bump,bump,bump-she is repeating the 2 pages from memory -I guess its the one on one I am giving her-she crys when i go to the bathroom down the hall for me ( I am really enjoying the one on one time with her -she loves backyardigans-music when it come on
    -I took her to playground today-sunny and crisp out but hey that's okay-well I am off to bed-i will rest up on friday cause i have busy weekend
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 7 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yes coupon girl I hear you on those long days at our age-been at the hospital for 2, 10 hr days in a row feeding, changing and settling the babies and helping the mum so she can rest a bit. I think she may go home tomorrow with these 2 wee 5 pounders so I will give her a hand while the Dad takes the 4 year olds trick or treating. This will be one busy family!
    Andit, Natalka, ROMEO and 8 others like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

yep coupon girl. big difference from when we were younger. i know i could never do now, what i did back then. napping is must.
    sounds as though you loved the bonding you had with her. and she's learning lots from her gramma.

lizzie. what a sweetheart you are. while getting some squishie time in, that mom must be over the mom with your help.
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 6 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

One upside to the changes this weekend is the calendar change happens on same weekend as clock changes back to Standard Time. Sometimes the fall change happens a week later after November starts and I'm still adjusting to the "dark" hours that used to be light ones.

Already have the Ontario TOU rates change chart for fall/winter taped near the washing machine so basically nighttime washing or weekend washing is when that task will be done. Am going to miss line drying outdoors unless the wind is just right for bedsheets. They'd be the only things that could dry quickly in cold weather.
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 5 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!

Hope you all have a FUN day and evening!

Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 6 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Have a great Halloween everyone. We are expecting snow. yippee.
    Andit, ROMEO, Crochetlady and 5 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I am going to see "ashlyn" on Halloween -we don't have any small kids on our street or area anymore -just a few
    -I did buy 2 bags of candy at shoppers for my son to give out
    -my daughter-in-law parents are coming over to see ashlyn too
    -my son/wife is treating us to wings and pizza

-woke up this morning and my knee that i injured 5 years ago is killing me ( I know why from carrying"ashlyn" up and down the stairs and around their house -use she is not walking yet-she takes one or 2 or 3 step then sits down an extra 21 pounds I cant tell them I am only doing this 2 and a half more months 2 times a week so I iced it and just had a hot bath
    -I should rest today but my metro in my area is closing soon and it goes to 50% off today-we will see
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

So I made it to October 30, no furnace on or fire place. Last night I caved and turned on the fireplace as I am sick with a cold and wanted to be warmed up. There is no way we will make it through the weekend without the furnace, but that new insulation worked. we have never made it this long. It was kind of a game to DH & I.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good for you lilo0003- Years ago I played that game too but this year I have been putting the furnace on as needed, I'm tired of being cold lol. Parked in the garage last night so was nice to not run to get in the vehicle in the pouring ice cold rain. Just did a tight squeeze since my tables are still set up in there. Will have to put them away this weekend so it is nice and clean. DS is going as a Army guy so at least he can bundle up nice and warm tonight. He has an awesome jacket that was his brothers that we almost got rid of this summer but decided to keep for Halloween for one more year. All I had to buy was new make up ($3 at $ store) and he is wearing a black hat the finishes off the costume perfectly (and keeps him warm! Win win!) I made homemade mac and cheese last night which he will eat for dinner with a slice of pizza and his brother can eat the rest of the pizza. Treating them since its Friday and Halloween
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    Have a great Halloween everyone. We are expecting snow. yippee.
    lol, not sure I can like this post it has the dreaded s word.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Ciel: I am glad the TOD kicks in now. I have that 5-7 is pk time especially in September/October when there is less BBQing dinner and the boys light the house up like a Christmas tree.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Very thankful today for the great medical system we have in this country of ours. I just received news that my latest MRI (and I have had MANY) showed no regrowth of the brain tumor taken out 13 years ago - next MRI in six years now....just counting my blessings!
    Congratulations! Such great news!

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Yes coupon girl I hear you on those long days at our age-been at the hospital for 2, 10 hr days in a row feeding, changing and settling the babies and helping the mum so she can rest a bit. I think she may go home tomorrow with these 2 wee 5 pounders so I will give her a hand while the Dad takes the 4 year olds trick or treating. This will be one busy family!
    All the times I think LO is difficult or when she was little and crying because I couldn't get her to burp yet, I have been thankful that she isn't part of a set of twins or triplets or that I'm a single mom. I seriously have no idea how people manage. Our neighbour's daughter has triplets and she took a job at a discount grocery store just to get out of the house.

It certainly helps to have parents nearby. My mom has a generation on you ladies and is 2 hours away, so unfortunately no help there. She would love to look after LO though and fusses over her constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    So I made it to October 30, no furnace on or fire place. Last night I caved and turned on the fireplace as I am sick with a cold and wanted to be warmed up. There is no way we will make it through the weekend without the furnace, but that new insulation worked. we have never made it this long. It was kind of a game to DH & I.
    My polar bear of a DH has been complaining of how cold it's been in the house. He complained at 18C, but I pointed out he was wearing a t-shirt and light pants. I always get the "why do we have money if it's never to be used for comfort" and the "this is Canada" argument.

I said "yes, it's Canada so put a sweater on". Ha ha! LO and I were feeling warm because we were cooking in the kitchen.

Yesterday our Smartsource sample box came. I let LO open it and pull all the things out while I did the dishes. Thank you, Smartsource! It's getting harder and harder to keep her hands out of mischief. She wants to inspect all the kitchen drawers now.

Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 LastLast

Thread Information