User Tag List

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree922Likes

Thread: Kelloggs/Hasbro promo - free $20 toy or game! OVER - now $10 off $25 toy or game

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Ahh I cannot believe I missed this!!! So disappointed! I FINALLY just got to the grocery store today after spending nearly 3 hours commuting after work (nevermind to work!) in the weather conditions/traffic and I was planning on using the $20 coupon to get a toy for my work's toy drive. I picked up the large box marked with the promo and entered the code online. I noticed I had to click on the $10 off $25 coupon, but thought that was just a bonus. Urgh!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    another typical fluff by kelloggs.. this isn't the first promo they have sold out of very quickly and it sure as heck won't be the last! i get that they want to offer great promos but they don't have enough product to give away to back the request for whatever it is they are giving away..
    Yup ..they print way more boxes than there are coupons available. They just assume , lot of people won't be using the coupons after buying the boxes, so they underestimate a lot.

The $ 10 of $ 25 coupon will also be gone soon , but still tons of boxes will be left in stores with cpns on them. People will buy them thinking they will get a cpn, but will get nothing.

Only print a few more boxes than cpns available ..not tons of more boxes than cpns available. If there are 25,000 cpns ..don't print 250,000 boxes with cpns ..maybe 50,000 boxes with cpns should be enough , assuming 1 in 2 won't use it.
    Rubialoca likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think that a complaint should be filed with Kellogg's.

They know how long it takes them to sell out of promotions, it's not their first one...

And yet they have their $20 off or free coupon advertised in this Toys R Us flyer, which started after the coupons were already sold out. And also the next Toys R Us flyer, which will start on the 28th and end on the 4th of December.

That's false advertising if you ask me.

But of course they're not going to bother advertising the $10 off the purchase of $25 since that's not as exciting to customers - it's not going to make them run out and buy a box of cereal. But a FREE toy might!!!
    tjthemanto likes this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

I don't understand all of these complaints, and false advertising? Come on. You guys realize your average person does not race out to buy cereal because of a free coupon, not even for a free $20 toy! Thousands of in tact cereal boxes with free coupons on them end up in recycling bins every year. And they should only print 25,000 boxes with a free pin? Right, and how would you distribute those? That is ridiculous.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    I don't understand all of these complaints, and false advertising? Come on. You guys realize your average person does not race out to buy cereal because of a free coupon, not even for a free $20 toy! Thousands of in tact cereal boxes with free coupons on them end up in recycling bins every year. And they should only print 25,000 boxes with a free pin? Right, and how would you distribute those? That is ridiculous.
    My thoughts exactly. Kellogg's gave away 25000 free toys and 75000 10 off wus 25. I'm thankful for that. Lots of companies give nothing.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just to let you all know. Target for BF has certain Hasbro games on sale for $8 regular $18 for Operation, Jenga, Connect Four and one other one. That is dirt cheap if you did not get a coupon.

Also, about the previous few posts, I know I would be a bit miffed if I bought cereal that said FREE toy on it and there was no way of getting any coupon at all. It just does not seem fair. Is there another way of doing it? Maybe not but still, if it is there and you can't get it, augh!

Just my 2 cents worth.
    FreeIsMyFavourite likes this.
    Insurance Graduate Class of 2014
    I need coupons big time!

What do you do with a elephant that has three balls? Walk him and pitch to the Rhino!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

that is why they always say while quantities last. quantities never last!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRaptors View Post
    that is why they always say while quantities last. quantities never last!
    It doesn't????? Hmmph! Sorry my bad! Still sux though! Good promotion while it did last though. If not for SC, I would have been in that situation as I have not even started either one of the boxes I got!
    Insurance Graduate Class of 2014
    I need coupons big time!

What do you do with a elephant that has three balls? Walk him and pitch to the Rhino!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree with Anne in that a vast percentage of boxes get recycled without people ever taking the promo or coupon on it. If folks are miffed and complain what I think a more reasonable approach Kelloggs might take is to limit the number of promos per household to 'promote equality'

Be careful what you wish for!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

it would also help if some couponers didnt go out and buy 20 boxes of cereal just to get the coupons. thats a bit excessive with all the other deals we are able to get. I only bought 2 boxes with the pins. who knows if they will even arrive before christmas.
    scbpooh likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CouponAddict81 View Post
    it would also help if some couponers didnt go out and buy 20 boxes of cereal just to get the coupons. thats a bit excessive with all the other deals we are able to get. I only bought 2 boxes with the pins. who knows if they will even arrive before christmas.
    I bought 19 boxes over a 2 week period. That's not excessive as we go through 2-3 boxes a week. I take advantage of deals/promos that benefit me. There are tons of promos I don't partake in, so if I want 19 of these coupons then so be it. My choice.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

I like the "be careful what you wish for" because that is so true! And with all promos, sometimes you miss the boat, sometimes you benefit, sometimes you REALLY benefit lol. You can't win them all. And how many boxes each person bought is none of anyone's business. If there were 500 boxes at for example, a walmart nowhere near you, then you weren't getting them anyway. There are fantastic deals on toys everywhere right now, and plenty of other coupons, and promos, and promos to combine with coupons. Even without these coupons you can get some SERIOUSLY discounted toys right now. And many people PAID $5 for the cereal let's not forget, so you still paid 25%. If you used two fisher price coupons at Target last week and were able to combine the $20 Target coupon (which I have seen that alot of people were able to do), then you paid $30 on $100, 30%. Not a huge difference.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Exactly, I paid for my cereal. I didn't steal tear pads to take advantage of a deal, I didn't clear shelves and I bought my cereal fair and square. If someone wants to spend 300.00 on cereal just to get some coupons then who cares.
    leymi15 and sweetmomma like this.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

What would really help is if those who didn't get the coupons would stop harassing those who have and tried acting like grown adults. It's a toy promotion not a life saving, medication. I'm not even so sure that the $20 coupon is really that great considering all the other toy coupons available and that many toys are under $20 and Target pretty well has toy clearing deals all year round. I bought $30 Nerf guns on clearance for under $5 over the summer.. I can count on one hand the promotions I've ever submitted for and I sure won't allow you or anyone else to make me feel bad for buying 22 boxes of cereal with my own money.

Quote Originally Posted by CouponAddict81 View Post

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

Came here to post that none of my coupons have shipped.. The earliest ones are Oct 30 and according to kelloggs have not gone out.. Apparently they can check with your email..
    FreeIsMyFavourite likes this.

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information