User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Milk does not count as a food or snack product in Shoppers

Trading Score
    130 (100%)

I used a personalized coupon "Spend $20 on Food or Snacks, Receive 4,000 Bonus Points." But did not received any bonus points. So I emailed them, they told me "Milk does not count as a food or snack product."

Just let everyone know.
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart
    Shwa Girl, 4sure5, maple7 and 2 others like this.
    My trade list check coupon trading
    Wish List:
    Trade with GC, Permanent Stamps, Herbal Essences FPC,or any FPC coupon, $5 Cascade, or Cimplex Movie pass,Movie GOGO, $2 stayfree coupon(no print out coupon),
    $2 any Kellogg’s product

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crazyindark View Post
    I used a personalized coupon "Spend $20 on Food or Snacks, Receive 4,000 Bonus Points." But did not received any bonus points. So I emailed them, they told me "Milk does not count as a food or snack product."

Just let everyone know.
    What is wrong with them!?! That's just crazy.
    Remind me of the romaine is not a lettuce fiasco using coupons
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/192264-most-controversial-coupon-our-time-back-romaine-not-lettuce-canada-3/

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/145696-...excuse-canada/
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Thu, May 28th, 2015 at 03:57 PM.
    4sure5, dededi and JasmineTea like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What province because MB, Sk, NS can't get points on milk. So for Ontario & Quebec is a hit or miss deal. NB points but not redeem. Yes to BC.
    Last edited by sirandrewr; Sat, May 30th, 2015 at 12:24 AM.
    Shwa Girl, dededi and JasmineTea like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I'm in SK so we can never include milk in promos - but I would consider milk a beverage anyway. (yes, I know it's nutritious and some consider it a food)

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm in ontario and always buy milk with my food and snack coupons. I hope I can continue to do so!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Yes, milk is supposed to be excluded from Optimum points here in NS too (but I'm not sure if it is). You don't get Air Miles at Sobeys on milk.
    JasmineTea likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am in Ontario. I mentioned in another thread before that I could not get bonus points for milk in the food and snacks category. When I called, I was told that milk does not count because it is a beverage but the CSR still gave me 8000 points as a gesture of goodwill.
    I also asked a full time cashier at the store to look at my receipt and she said the same thing, that milk is not a food. The crazy thing is that I am sure that I have purchased milk as a food and snack before and I got the points in the past.
    Many forum members have mentioned that they have no problems using milk and a few mentioned that milk did not work.
    I wish Shoppers would make it clear because there seems to be a lot of confusion. Even the cashiers don't seem to be too sure.
    Ciel, Shwa Girl and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

In QC i believe you get points for milk but you can't redeem points for milk. A few weeks ago i purchased milk $1.79,Pizza $3.99 and a $10 SDM GC total was$15.78 .I got 150 base pts so i would think i got pts for the milk
    Shwa Girl and dededi like this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Discounts, rebates, etc. prohibited
    6(2) No person shall, except with the prior written authorization of the commission,
    (a) give to a consumer in a transaction involving fluid milk a discount, rebate or premium in either money or kind, or use or adopt in such transaction any method, plan, system or device, which results or is likely to result in
    (i) an advantage or gain of any kind, direct or indirect, for or to the consumer, or
    (ii) an alteration of the price of the fluid milk paid by the consumer; or
    (b) sell fluid milk in combination with any other commodity in such manner that the price of the fluid milk is merged with the price of the other commodity; or (c) make any gift or donation of fluid milk to anyone in the course of and as a part of the person's commercial operation.

This is part of the Manitoba rules for selling milk. Each province has it's own legislations. It's difficult to sort this one out as everyone is from different provinces.
    Shwa Girl and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    130 (100%)

so i am in ontario
    dededi likes this.
    My trade list check coupon trading
    Wish List:
    Trade with GC, Permanent Stamps, Herbal Essences FPC,or any FPC coupon, $5 Cascade, or Cimplex Movie pass,Movie GOGO, $2 stayfree coupon(no print out coupon),
    $2 any Kellogg’s product

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

thanks WINNIPEGZELDA
    In Ontario, low income individuals with young children can get vouchers for milk in certain areas to use at participating stores. They call it Milk for Moms
    http://www.ncdcent.com/index.php?opt...=72&Itemid=134
    dededi and JasmineTea like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    thanks WINNIPEGZELDA
    In Ontario, low income individuals with young children can get vouchers for milk in certain areas to use at participating stores. They call it Milk for Moms
    http://www.ncdcent.com/index.php?opt...=72&Itemid=134
    Wish we had that program here. Isolated, northern communities pay outrageous prices for milk, because of freight. Something like $18 for a jug. I'll check the exact price and edit it here. No SDM up there.
    Some Winnipeg schools sell subsidized milk @ 10 cents in the lunch programs.
    I'm swaying off topic, but the key is that the sale of milk in stores is regulated by individual provinces.
    Last edited by WINNIPEGZELDA; Fri, May 29th, 2015 at 07:27 AM.
    Ciel, dahliagrower and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I'm in Ontario and I've successfully used the the food & snack coupon on milk (as recently as 2 weeks ago). On the other hand, milk isn't counted in the 10% Tuesday discount at Loblaws anymore. So changes may be coming...
    Ciel and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've had difficulties with the 4k wus $20 food and snack coupon, even without buying beverages. Honestly, it's a coupon I prefer not to get only because of the hassle I've had using it. Did you get the "transaction point" on your receipt and then it was rejected or it just didn't redeem the offer?

Love the 8k when you spend $30 though, the exact opposite, still one of my favourites. Milk has always worked for me with this one.
    Last edited by maple7; Fri, May 29th, 2015 at 02:14 PM.
    peachies, nash0109, dededi and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Maybe the 4000 wub 20.00 is different?? I just used my 8000 wus 30 on food on monday, i bought milk and pop and got my points yesterday. I've always always bought milk and pop with this coupon. I hope it doesn't change. maybe there was another reason you didn't get your points and the CS rep is assuming its because you bought milk? Half the time shoppers staff have no idea how the program works.
    nash0109 and maple7 like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information