User Tag List

Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast
Like Tree3914Likes

Thread: What small thing did you do today to save money?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I'm currently cooking 2 chickens to take advantage of the hydro, there will be enough leftovers for lunches for dh a few days & Monday's supper will be hot chicken sandwiches w/ the works (fries, gravy, veggies).

I also got ds1 (15 years) old to install a curtain rod for the double back door to keep the sunlight out which helps keep the basement that much cooler, it all helps. Oh and I'm using curtains that we already have, they used to be in the living room but we got new ones a while back. So no $ spent on curtains or the rods as we had both

I will however be biting the bullet and be purchasing 3 café style curtain rods for our 3 French doors to keep the sunlight out as well or should I say keep the heat out. Going to do my research online WM vs. Giant Tiger prices.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I brought some cans etc. to the recycling depot and cashed in. Here in Alberta we get either 10 cents or 25 cents for the larger ones. It was a tedious business, but it more than paid for my nice Italian sandwich lunch.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Last week I used my AM's to get 2 $150.00 GC's for Foodland for the bonus reward of 200 AM each. Also had 2 pieces of mail arrive yesterday with stamps that were not cancelled.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I've been finding tons of Stouffers boxes in the recycling at work but they no longer have the codes in them

I made a double batch of homemade burgers tonight and they are in the freezer individually frozen.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    I've been finding tons of Stouffers boxes in the recycling at work but they no longer have the codes in them

I made a double batch of homemade burgers tonight and they are in the freezer individually frozen.
    Great idea for the burgers!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    macw1960 and jasperandchar like this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I'm currently cooking 2 chickens to take advantage of the hydro, there will be enough leftovers for lunches for dh a few days & Monday's supper will be hot chicken sandwiches w/ the works (fries, gravy, veggies).

I also got ds1 (15 years) old to install a curtain rod for the double back door to keep the sunlight out which helps keep the basement that much cooler, it all helps. Oh and I'm using curtains that we already have, they used to be in the living room but we got new ones a while back. So no $ spent on curtains or the rods as we had both

I will however be biting the bullet and be purchasing 3 café style curtain rods for our 3 French doors to keep the sunlight out as well or should I say keep the heat out. Going to do my research online WM vs. Giant Tiger prices.
    Try the Dollar store too for curtain rods.
    Valerey and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

We are almost out of lunch snacks so I make a large batch of blueberry muffins that should last the rest of this week lunches. I would normally freeze some but my freezers are quite full and I'm going to send dh back to GT to get more Cavendish fries, he'll have to do separate transactions but that's okay.

I updated my trade and wishlists hoping to make a few more trades before tomorrow which will be my own personal trading cut-off incase CP strikes.

Supper tonight is leftover pizza (takeout) from last night and hot chicken sandwiches if not enough.
    Silk, sweetmomma and macw1960 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Keeping organized saves money!

I had a bin collecting "papers" in my vehicle. Finally cleaned it out yesterday. Found FPC's, coupons and $27.00! Also found 2 coupon holders that I cleaned out and now can use so saves me buying a new one.

I am slowly getting ready for back to school in September
    Son used his lunch bag and backpack for past 2 years. Had to toss back pack the other day (rotten banana that was forgotten about- it was not worth cleaning (he was going to keep for summer biking) but found an old one to use for last few weeks.
    Bought a new lunch bag months ago at Costco. Watching the sales at Sportchek for a back pack (have discounted GC and coupons to use)
    Started buying school lunch treats/snacks and will put in a Rubbermaid bin.
    School supplies- We shouldn't need any. Still have lots from past year sales.
    Silk, sweetmomma, macw1960 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Another un cancelled stamp received yesterday but for $1.08 rather than a P stamp.
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

yesterday I made double batch of cream tomato pasta sauce. I cooked 2 boxes of pasta, I cooked 1 box at a time but re-used the hot boiling water to save on hydro, 2nd batch of noodles cooked in no time.

We had the pasta last night for supper, enough for 4 lunches for dh & I so win win and super cheap as the tomatoes were from our garden last year.

Tonight I am cooking pork 2 ways, will serve 1 type tonight and the other on Thursday.

I went to our re-use it centre (everything is free for the taking) and I got 3 matching white sheer printed curtains, they look great on our French doors. Bonus is they do keep quite a bit of sunlight out so saves on cooling the house.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Keeping organized saves money!

I am slowly getting ready for back to school in September
    Son used his lunch bag and backpack for past 2 years. Had to toss back pack the other day (rotten banana that was forgotten about- it was not worth cleaning (he was going to keep for summer biking) but found an old one to use for last few weeks.
    Watching the sales at Sportchek for a back pack (have discounted GC and coupons to use)
    For backpacks my son used 2. Grade 1 - 6 and that became a daypack. And Grade 7 - 12, not sure where that is.

We purchased at MEC good quality plus they stand behind their products. We had a zipper problem in Grade 10. They fixed it fast and free.
    The prices are in line and when you factor in the years they are cheap...and they look good.

Now he is in university and it is messenger bags...LOL
    sweetmomma and macw1960 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

haven't shopped in 3 days -as I have a stomach bug
    sweetmomma, macw1960 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    haven't shopped in 3 days -as I have a stomach bug
    One way to save money but hope you feel better soon.
    jasperandchar likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

used one of my many Sobey's GC's today at FreshCo to top up the staples here. Then redeemed Scene points to go see Finding Dory.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Did up the teachers and bus drivers gift bags using lovely items from the stockpile

Made twice the amount of pork tonight so we will have a leftover night later this week or if my teen with the hollow leg gets hungry
    macw1960 and walkonby like this.

Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread Information