• 5 Post By walkonby
  • 3 Post By amira84
  • 4 Post By walkonby
  • 2 Post By ticul
  • 1 Post By flemeth
  • 1 Post By fernhout5
  • 1 Post By walkonby
  • 1 Post By Shwa Girl

Thread: WM reduced tomatoes and RCSS Cashmere!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Not a big deal to most people but I was actually there at WM when they wheeled out the reduced produce cart! ( a miracle!)
    Was able to snag 3 large bags filled with beautiful tomatoes ( a buck each bag as most of you know ), then a welcomed PC Plus offer for Cashmere ( 2,000 on each $10.00 spent any kind ) saw me hit the RCSS after dropping DD at work.

Was able to PM the 12 double=24 rolls pkgs down to $5.99 from FB, used my $1.00 off coupon for one of the Cashmere Ultra Luxe. ( wish I'd had coupons for all 7 packages, that would have been sweeter! )
    Then I was able to claim all 7 packages on Snap!! ( $1.00 each )

Final outcome I paid .38 for each DOUBLE roll. That is ok by me.

When Snap is approved I will FINALLY have reached $20.00 again, so cashing out AND the points earned on the PCPlus offers brought me over the threshold to redeem again, so on the way out I grabbed 2 x $10.00 grocery GC to have at the ready for my next shopping trip.
    This heat was too much today, I was so beat after just a couple of trips here and there.
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS
    Last edited by walkonby; Sat, Aug 1st, 2015 at 05:51 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Glad you triumphed at Wally's and the off duty employee did not swipe the deals.
    The cashmere deal? Cha ching. Cha ching. Nice how you earned enough for a Snap cheque and PC gift cards.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You know walkonby, people like you are making me go to walmart for produce! but i guess it goes in my favor to go buy reduced produce at walmart. Pcplus offers are getting weaker every week.
    $1.00 for a full bag is a fantastic price.

And 2 thumbs up for toilet paper deal too.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

way to go on the toilet paper deal and cheap produce -my walmart doesn't have marked down fruit or veggies yet

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

thanks ladies for the comments. Here is what I did today with the tomatoes.

I washed and weighed my deal! The yielded was 15 lbs!! So ya know what that means eh? My tomatoes were .20 cents a lb!!

Next I snipped fresh basil, cilantro and green onions from out back, chopped those herbs fine with some fresh garlic, also added dried rosemary.
    Processed the tomatoes in my food chopper thing, ( looks about the size of chunky salsa ) mixed in all the herbs, plus bit of salt/pepper, then ladled the mixture into air tight containers to freeze.
    Final yield was 22 cups ( .13 cents a cup ) which we will add to any of our pasta dinners, chili, or soups. The same as adding diced tomatoes to things, but with more flavour!

I must have been in a kitchen mood today ( while the Jays were losing, then winning, then eventually they lost ) because I picked and dried some mint leaves in the dehydrator, just 1 trays worth, what an aroma!! Tossed some fresh ones into my large pot of Jasmine tea.....so lovely tasting.
    Have a great evening everyone!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Nice job walkonby! And can you explain a little bit qbout this dehydrator? I am guessing it is used to dehydrate veggies, i am very interested in getting a dehydrator for my kitchen too.
    walkonby, ticul and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    Nice job walkonby! And can you explain a little bit qbout this dehydrator? I am guessing it is used to dehydrate veggies, i am very interested in getting a dehydrator for my kitchen too.
    I've wanted to try it for a while, and last year I found some awesome savings on one at Amazon.ca, after that I then found another sale ( even cheaper ) and bought 2 more! ( so yeah, I have 3 machines )
    I am really a beginner though, I have to read all the special instructions needed to prep certain foods BEFORE you dry them.
    Some things you have to shock them in boiling water first for a minute or two, drain them, then you can lay them out for drying. This keeps the bright colour of certain foods nice when you add them to your dishes later.

If you have tons of space in your house to keep frozen foods then a dehydrator is not that important, BUT if you are very short on space, well these dried veggies and fruits are amazingly small and once you fill jars of them ( and I vacuum seal the jars with a machine too ) you can see how they save tons of space. ( they store safely for years too )

Listen, to be honest, none of us here are very far from a source of food, we are surrounded by stores and such, but I like the novelty of learning about this and just to see how I can store up some things for a rainy day, should that day ever come.
    The part I like is now I feel confident enough to take many bags of something on that WM damage rack ( if it's available ) because I can use some of it fresh, freeze some and now I can also dehydrate the rest, none goes to waste. All for the cheapest price too. Don't spend too much on a fancy schmancy machine, read up on it first and decide if it is something you will commit to using.
    Last edited by walkonby; Sat, Aug 1st, 2015 at 06:39 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Wow, great brag Walk and thank you for sharing...............................
    walkonby and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Great Brag. Have to keep my eyes open for those produce at my Walmart. Thanks for sharing
    walkonby likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's great !! So if you have money built up u can cash in for superstore gift cards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by fernhout5 View Post
    That's great !! So if you have money built up u can cash in for superstore gift cards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    when my PC points reach 20,000 I get 2 x $10.00 GC's to use to pay for my groceries. Sometimes I get the cards on the way in before I shop, other times I have to shop a bit in order to reach 20,000 points, but to me it is all good.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    when my PC points reach 20,000 I get 2 x $10.00 GC's to use to pay for my groceries. Sometimes I get the cards on the way in before I shop, other times I have to shop a bit in order to reach 20,000 points, but to me it is all good.
    Most of my points are from buying gas at the gas bars and swiping for points. Loblaws gas bars, Your Independent Grocer gas bars and No Frills gas bars is where we get the points. Like walkonby, we buy the 2 x $10 PC gift cards. That way, if you want to buy a tomato for $0.30, you can use your gift card for the tomato.
    walkonby likes this.

Thread Information