• 2 Post By Ciel
  • 2 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 2 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 2 Post By Shwa Girl

Thread: Loblaws Banner Stores Mark Downs - What % Does Your Store Mark Down

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am sure we all remember when all Loblaws Banner stores changed their Mark Downs they went from 50% to 30% and in some cases as low as 25%.

I was quite surprised a couple of weeks ago when I was in my local No Frills to see they are back up to 50% and this store was one of the ones that went down to 25% off.

A week later I was in one of our two local RCSS to see they are still at 30%.

Then this past week I was out of town for work and went into the local Zehrs to see they are also at 50%.

What % does your local store use? Curious to see if more stores are going back up to 50%.

Personally I have to say when I was in RCSS which is still at 30% it was a sea of Pink Stickers, every sections I went to had Pink Stickers everywhere but I noticed very few were even looking including myself. I personally do not find the 30% mark down to be enough to make me stray from my list, now on the flip side had it of been 50% I probably would have easily spent another $50 on this trip buying marked down food. Which really made me question which is better for the store 30%, yes higher mark up but few sales or 50% lower mark up but you see pink stickers flying out the store.

Does the % determine if you take the time the to look at Mark Downs and spend your money?
    This thread is currently associated with: Loblaws, No Frills, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Zehrs
    saundyl, Ciel, Shwa Girl and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-yes I love cheaper markdowns 50% always have -I I really didn't want to look at 30% off but a few weeks ago I found a mouth spray I use for dry mouth biotene-it was 30% off I still bought it as I would rather pay 8.39 out of pocket than 11.99
    -same as a chicken I bought at food basics yesterday I bought the one that was 30% and just froze it as I would rather pay 6.25 than 9.00 with the rising cost of groceries -its still nice to get a deal

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I'll still look at the markdown areas even if they are only 30% off now at Fortino's. Was glad I enjoyed some 50% off deals once I got on that train and made a point to check those areas first before going into the regular grocery item aisles. Cracked wheat bread and tea biscuits were my regular buys in bakery markdowns. The odd napkin deal or organic choco deal were bonus finds.
    SassyAshley and Davetherave like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

OP, you can still get 50% off at RCSS. You are correct that the pink stickers at RCSS are mostly 30% off.

But, in some departments, like Joe Fresh or Health and Beauty (HABA), there may be some yellow or red shelf tags that are more than 30% off.

For example, sunscreen was in the HABA section on for $16.99. The yellow shelf tag was $6.94.
    Also, Maybelline mascara was reg. $6.99 but the red tag had certain colours for $2.94.
    And, in Joe Fresh, some items are 30% off, but if there is a $10 off coupon, you can sometimes get things for 50% after coupon.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Forgot to add the seasonal specials at RCSS that add up to more than 30% off.
    For example, in February, Turbo Tax is $28.99, but they take off $10 for a Friday/Saturday/Sunday special. And sometimes, there is a No Tax Saturday included.

In August, when most people are on vacation with the kids, and sales are low, Joe Fresh can have items as low as $0.94, that were regular $4.99 (for example)

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

At the end of June or July, in the garden section, you can find plants, pots and soil for $0.94, that could have been as high as $9.99. They may look great, but SCs with green thumbs know how to make the 'alive' again.

Thread Information