User Tag List

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree559Likes

Thread: New Cash Register Software System

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    393 (100%)

Is it true -
    I had 8k wus $30--- went to SDM to get dessange deal + milk and used coupon for dessange... My subtotal came down to $18.** after applying coupon and code was put 2001 and because of this I was not able to get 8k.
    Old system - when they use to apply coupon my subtotal never use to come down using 2001 code n 8k was applied always....

Is this a glitch or we have to live with the fact to get points we have to spend more????
    momi and maple7 like this.
    RRRLF $$ Astro Original Coupons gud on 750gm tubs or balkan style..

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I only like one thing in the new system that now with fpc, you also get points plus one more thing that I noticed that some types of digital offers start working with redemption,
    Last time I had offer spend $20 on food and snack and get 4000 points, I loaded it and I spent $105 before taxes,redeemed $85 but still my loaded offer showed up,because I spent $20 extra,before this system if you r redeeming points you never get points for small offers,but now this is happening.
    I redeem points 2 times and got loaded points both times
    First time spend $10 and get 1000 points and 15x points on Pepsi
    Second time spend $20 and get 4000 points...
    The only thing I don't like now it takes too long to checkout at shoppers,
    First scan all the items then give scannable coupons and if you are redeeming,redeem first and then give coupons at the end.
    I always give coupons first so cashier can match them with the products but now if they enter coupons first it does not give any other option for example the system just leads the cashier to checkout process I can not redeem or use scanable coupons if she enters vendor coupons first.
    Its getting more complicated before and yes it also change the price to regular price if the product has red stickers😞😞😞

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    My store got the new software. I found out when I went in to do a shop with a 20x wus $30 personal offer. Just fyi, head cashiers also did not get any training or any documentation! My favorite cashiers who know what they are doing don’t like the new software, nor do the head cashiers.

I used $-off coupons and VIB coupon, and everything I bought was on sale, plus had a raincheck. The base points, raincheck, and coupons calculated correctly but not the 20x the points - I got about 17.5x the points! I called Optimum and they said it was a glitch and added the points. I was on hold for a while and the first question the rep asked was : what e-coupon are you calling about? So I think there are lots of glitches with the new software.

Next step - treading into the jungle of FPCs, manger specials, etc!

Silk
    I like last summer's glitch better. LOL! I"ve seen cashiers use a small little handbook that flips and gives instructions on how to use the new system. I don't know about head cashiers/managers.
    Silk likes this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I learned yesterday that stores were provided with a reference/instruction book on the new software system. The book is 8 x 5.5 and the French version I looked at was 83 pages long, so I would guess the English versions would be about 75 pages. But cashiers tell me they received no training and I have a feeling most do not know about the book. It appears to be kept at the cash used where returns have to be made (at least in the store I visited).

Silk

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jsmile View Post
    I like last summer's glitch better. LOL! I"ve seen cashiers use a small little handbook that flips and gives instructions on how to use the new system. I don't know about head cashiers/managers.
    Oops, you beat me to it - I stepped away in the middle of composing my post and only saw yours after I posted mine

Yes, I liked last summer's glitch soooo much better! lol

Silk

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jsmile View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Oops, you beat me to it - I stepped away in the middle of composing my post and only saw yours after I posted mine

Yes, I liked last summer's glitch soooo much better! lol

Silk
    What was last summer's glitch?
    Last edited by My two Canadian cents; Wed, May 4th, 2016 at 04:38 AM.
    samm07 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cjethani View Post
    Is it true -
    I had 8k wus $30--- went to SDM to get dessange deal + milk and used coupon for dessange... My subtotal came down to $18.** after applying coupon and code was put 2001 and because of this I was not able to get 8k.
    Old system - when they use to apply coupon my subtotal never use to come down using 2001 code n 8k was applied always....

Is this a glitch or we have to live with the fact to get points we have to spend more????
    This happened to me too
    maple7 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Is it true -

I did same transaction April 1 on the new system, 8k wus $30 16410 (Friday coupon) and received the points. So this has changed since the new system?

Was your coupon listed at the bottom ie coupon $14.99 line? I don't know if cashier entered 2001 code but mine wasn't entered as a FPC as I paid tax.
    cjethani likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    393 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maple7 View Post
    I did same transaction April 1 on the new system, 8k wus $30 16410 (Friday coupon) and received the points. So this has changed since the new system?

Was your coupon listed at the bottom ie coupon $14.99 line? I don't know if cashier entered 2001 code but mine wasn't entered as a FPC as I paid tax.
    She entered 2001 coupon code
    maple7 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Arg with the new system. All the coupons mailed to me last month didn't work even though all the proper items were bought. Cashier offered to ring them in each separately to see if they'd work that way........ Now I wait 2 weeks so far for Shoppers email reply. Sigh.
    Anyone have insight on this? I always was able to buy everything at once before.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sd123 View Post
    Arg with the new system. All the coupons mailed to me last month didn't work even though all the proper items were bought. Cashier offered to ring them in each separately to see if they'd work that way........ Now I wait 2 weeks so far for Shoppers email reply. Sigh.
    Anyone have insight on this? I always was able to buy everything at once before.
    My SDM makes me use the paper coupons one by one, and has for quite some time now (at least a couple batches of coupons back.) They are pretty sticky on the rules, so I assume they are up to date.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  dessangereceipt - Copy - Copy.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  105.6 KB
    She entered 2001 coupon code
    Sorry, my question obviously wasn't clear. I'm wondering if the new system changed since April 1 (since it worked for me on april 1 and not for you now) or whether the cashier now has two ways to enter a vendor coupon (2001 as before or a vendor coupon button).

In the old system, there used to be a line that said vendor coupon 2001 before the subtotal, new system says "coupon" after the total in the payment section at the bottom.

Might you share how your coupon is listed on your receipt???
    Last edited by maple7; Wed, May 4th, 2016 at 11:09 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Is it true -

Was it the new system?

In the new system, uou don't have to reach the amount after coupons. On Friday, in new system, my after coupon total was $9.75 and I was awarded the 1,000 pts for spending $10. Cashier even put my cash payment through as a coupon, and the 1,000 points was awarded.
    Anna Michele and maple7 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    393 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maple7 View Post
    Name:  dessangereceipt - Copy - Copy.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  105.6 KB

Sorry, my question obviously wasn't clear. I'm wondering if the new system changed since April 1 (since it worked for me on april 1 and not for you now) or whether the cashier now has two ways to enter a vendor coupon (2001 as before or a vendor coupon button).

In the old system, there used to be a line that said vendor coupon 2001 before the subtotal, new system says "coupon" after the total in the payment section at the bottom.

Might you share how your coupon is listed on your receipt???
    I returned my stuff as I did not get the promotion coupon applied... So don't have receipt to show u and I don't remember what was mentioned...
    momi and maple7 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I returned my stuff as I did not get the promotion coupon applied... So don't have receipt to show u and I don't remember what was mentioned...
    Ahhhh, I could be incorrect, but I'm pretty sure that is the old system. The new system uses GP (gst/pst) for tax codes rather than B (both). Also, the new system doesn't centre the store name, it usually starts to the left, lined up with the "A" in "Airwick".

My experience with using coupons under the old system was hit and miss. For example, one 8k wus $30 would give the points before coupons, say the Monday one 16010, and then the next one say 8k wus $30 Wednesday one, 16210 would award only after coupons. Perhaps you got lucky and always got the points.

Glad you refunded the items, I would too. Thank you for posting.
    cjethani, Anna Michele and momi like this.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information