User Tag List

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree559Likes

Thread: New Cash Register Software System

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

At my local Shoppers, they implemented a new software for their cash registers. I used to be able to instruct new cashiers how to enter certain things, but it looks like I will have to re-learn as well. LOL Hopefully, the transition is smooth and doesn't impact coupons, redemptions, etc. too much. The cash/mc/gc buttons are all on the right hand side now going vertically. Your optimum points/number is is the middle of the screen. The itemized item screen looks looks bigger. Didn't catch anything else.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    engo, Ciel, ticul and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Interesting

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
    engo, Ciel, ticul and 2 others like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

^ it seems to be a much complicated system, specially when entering coupons, a simple transactions with just two coupons took about half hour
    engo, Ciel, ticul and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Havent shopped at sdm since Friday. Hmmm..i just hope that it's a good change. Not a complex stupid kind of system.
    Ciel, ticul, dededi and 2 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Yes, I agree. I went to SDM the other day using my rain cheque and 4 manager's special coupons plus a manufacture's coupon and it took forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cata View Post
    ^ it seems to be a much complicated system, specially when entering coupons, a simple transactions with just two coupons took about half hour
    Ciel, ticul, dededi and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

That's brutal.
    Ciel, ticul, dededi and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hmmmm.... may be.... as usual... headoffice guys didn't educate their cashiers but installed this new system. Now poor cashiers are trying to figure out everything on their own. Can it be a possibility?

(I haven't seen this new system, didn't go to sdm in these 2,3 days so i may be wrong here. Lol)
    Ciel, Decaf, ticul and 3 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I think they did as the cashier had a new manual on her side. She just had to check everything before she enters as she was still learning and she also had to ask questions to manager.

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    Hmmmm.... may be.... as usual... headoffice guys didn't educate their cashiers but installed this new system. Now poor cashiers are trying to figure out everything on their own. Can it be a possibility?

(I haven't seen this new system, didn't go to sdm in these 2,3 days so i may be wrong here. Lol)

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yikes. Think about this. HOw much is your time worth? If you get paid $20/hour, than you just lost $10 worth of your time.. I have a like/hate relationship with coupons. Even though coupons are "free", time required also has a value too (an opportunity cost)
    Silk, Ciel, Decaf and 7 others like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I made a purchase last night and used a raincheck and had no problems - it was quick and my coupon code worked.

Silk
    Ciel, Decaf, ticul and 2 others like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Dropped into SDM last week and also noticed system has changed. I remarked to the very experienced cashier (she's been there for ages) that it looked like a new system. She said yes, it's the third day and we've had zero training!
    Ciel, Decaf, ticul and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
    Dropped into SDM last week and also noticed system has changed. I remarked to the very experienced cashier (she's been there for ages) that it looked like a new system. She said yes, it's the third day and we've had zero training!
    Employees in high-traffic stores must be having frantic coffee break exchanges about the new system.
    collegekid, ticul, dededi and 2 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jsmile View Post
    At my local Shoppers, they implemented a new software for their cash registers. I used to be able to instruct new cashiers how to enter certain things, but it looks like I will have to re-learn as well. LOL Hopefully, the transition is smooth and doesn't impact coupons, redemptions, etc. too much. The cash/mc/gc buttons are all on the right hand side now going vertically. Your optimum points/number is is the middle of the screen. The itemized item screen looks looks bigger. Didn't catch anything else.
    Great catch on the new system. Have to see if it has landed here in Hamilton.
    ticul, dededi and Davetherave like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Great catch on the new system. Have to see if it has landed here in Hamilton.
    Some have some haven't yet.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Was in three different Shoppers on the weekend in my area and two of the three had the new system. At one of the stores that had the new system, they were well staffed with all registers open and a mgr close by to help if needed. I ended up using six coupons, including a few internet coupons (that topic has come up recently on whether they are continuing to accept)...while I could tell the cashier wasn't 100% sure how to enter the coupons, it didn't take long for her to get them loaded.

But the receipt had a different look to it with the way the coupons were listed (ie. like payments vs. reducing the subtotal). What's good about that is you can clearly see your 'eligible' amount spent for points. If that makes sense to anyone other than me
    Silk, Ciel, lecale and 6 others like this.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information