User Tag List

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
Like Tree559Likes

Thread: New Cash Register Software System

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cata View Post
    We get points when we redeem now? where have I been all this time?
    I think it depends on the store. I had both a 20X WUS$50 and a 10k WUS$60 offer loaded on my card and redeemed $85 earlier this week without receiving any bonus points.
    ROMEO and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by april View Post
    Thanks for the answer. I used an FPC today but was charged tax for it among other things. I saw her entering the face value as "coupon" and wanted to question it but wasn't sure how to have her correct it (I don't think she knows the Product Voucher option). Does anyone know the right code to key in so I can suggest it next time, or tips on how to get them to enter correctly without looking like I'm telling them how to do their job? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can't remember for sure but I think it might have been "Product Voucher". When I used a taxable FPC a few weeks ago, once pushing the correct option, cashier had to pick from after tax amounts on my receipt, for example a $2.99 product she had to pick $3.38. This resulted in an "OMG I hate this" because she needed to calculate the after tax amount in her head (screen didn't say $2.99 anywhere, only $3.38 as 1 option of 8 after tax amounts). I also was over on another FPC so she needed to reduce the amount and the "Product Voucher" screen wouldn't let her so she had to reselect the manufacturer coupon option instead.
    Davetherave likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    163 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maple7 View Post
    I can't remember for sure but I think it might have been "Product Voucher". When I used a taxable FPC a few weeks ago, once pushing the correct option, cashier had to pick from after tax amounts on my receipt, for example a $2.99 product she had to pick $3.38. This resulted in an "OMG I hate this" because she needed to calculate the after tax amount in her head (screen didn't say $2.99 anywhere, only $3.38 as 1 option of 8 after tax amounts). I also was over on another FPC so she needed to reduce the amount and the "Product Voucher" screen wouldn't let her so she had to reselect the manufacturer coupon option instead.
    Wow that's so much more complicated than the 2002 from older system! I remember seeing only the pre-tax value shown on the screen and no indication of whether it is taxable that I saw (it's a box of snack bars so I wasn't sure if tax applies). Do you just tell them that there's a product voucher option that should be used rather than coupon??

Davetherave likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by april View Post
    Wow that's so much more complicated than the 2002 from older system! I remember seeing only the pre-tax value shown on the screen and no indication of whether it is taxable that I saw (it's a box of snack bars so I wasn't sure if tax applies). Do you just tell them that there's a product voucher option that should be used rather than coupon??

Personally, I try to keep an eye on what they are entering, one wrong entry and you can lose your points! I've missed a few though. I just note to them it's a product voucher for a free product not a regular coupon, I apologize and tell them I am just trying to make it less confusing. Then I make sure the screen says "voucher" not "coupon" when they enter it, if it doesn't I mention that I don't think it was entered as a voucher. I've also helped them calculate the tax, not everyone is mathematically skilled.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maple7 View Post
    Personally, I try to keep an eye on what they are entering, one wrong entry and you can lose your points! I've missed a few though. I just note to them it's a product voucher for a free product not a regular coupon, I apologize and tell them I am just trying to make it less confusing. Then I make sure the screen says "voucher" not "coupon" when they enter it, if it doesn't I mention that I don't think it was entered as a voucher. I've also helped them calculate the tax, not everyone is mathematically skilled.
    I always watch to... Sometimes i hate ' telling them what to do' but i know more about the system then some of the cashiers lol

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
    maple7 likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Picked up 3 Dove Men+Care body wash yesterday as I had two FPCs for these and there was a buy 3 get 1500 pts special. Cashier (luckily it was a supervisor) seemed pretty adept at entering them. Coupons showed up as product voucher on receipt. She went into a sub-menu and selected the two free items (priced 4.99 but showed up in system as 5.64, as someone noted above, this price includes tax). At the end of the day I didn't have to pay tax on the two free items and I got my 1500 pts

Edit: There's also a CO51 $1 cash offer WUB 2, so it was a money maker!
    Last edited by collegekid; Sat, Jun 18th, 2016 at 01:48 PM.
    Silk, lecale, innaor and 3 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a points question, I had a 8000 WUS $40 offer loaded on my card, my initial total was 43.98 but I used the biore baking soda $5 coupon which brought my total down to under $40 and I didn't get my points. Do I have to email shoppers? Am I eligible for the points?
    Davetherave likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by illa View Post
    I have a points question, I had a 8000 WUS $40 offer loaded on my card, my initial total was 43.98 but I used the biore baking soda $5 coupon which brought my total down to under $40 and I didn't get my points. Do I have to email shoppers? Am I eligible for the points?
    How
    many base points did you get?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
    Davetherave and illa like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by illa View Post

It's your SUBTOTAL that has to meet minimum spending thresholds. If your subtotal was less than $40 but total was $43.98 you wouldnt get points.
    illa likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

my subtotal was 43.98 before the coupon (38.48 after). Just to clarify my subtotal after coupons would need to be over $40? I had a personal offer so my base points were 880. The cashier was having some trouble inputting the coupon (she put it under the 'other' category) if that makes a difference
    Last edited by illa; Mon, Jun 27th, 2016 at 01:49 PM.
    Davetherave likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just a heads up (I apologize if this has been posted already)....
    I access my coupons on my PC. Yesterday I was quite sure I had loaded my 20X WUS $50 coupon, but the points didn't show up on my receipt. I had picked up one expensive item to put me over the $50, so rather than risk having to return the item later (not easy), I returned everything right then.
    When I got home and checked my account, sure enough, I had loaded the coupon. And I know a phone call to Shoppers would have got me my points.
    SO most of you probably have smart phones and are positive about which coupons you have loaded, but for those few of us without.....make sure you know which coupons are loaded!
    Davetherave likes this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Your subtotal before tax should be 40 plus if you bought biore at 18.49 tax would be close to two unless everything else was food with no tax

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
    illa likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In the end I went back to the store and did a return/rebuy. Looking at my new receipt I do think my first cashier input the coupons incorrectly. In my first receipt the coupons appeared before the subtotal (which was what brought the subtotal <$40). However it worked out fine in the end, I picked up Life brand acetaminophen for the difference. It was on sale for $7.29 and I had a personal offer for 4500 points
    agarla, amira84 and Ellen Cardinal like this.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread Information