User Tag List

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree559Likes

Thread: New Cash Register Software System

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ReallySC View Post
    Was in three different Shoppers on the weekend in my area and two of the three had the new system. At one of the stores that had the new system, they were well staffed with all registers open and a mgr close by to help if needed. I ended up using six coupons, including a few internet coupons (that topic has come up recently on whether they are continuing to accept)...while I could tell the cashier wasn't 100% sure how to enter the coupons, it didn't take long for her to get them loaded.

But the receipt had a different look to it with the way the coupons were listed (ie. like payments vs. reducing the subtotal). What's good about that is you can clearly see your 'eligible' amount spent for points. If that makes sense to anyone other than me
    how do the eligible points show on the receipt
    Ciel, ticul, dededi and 2 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    how do the eligible points show on the receipt
    Here's a copy of a new receipt (wish I had an old one as well to show the difference clearly). You'll see the subtotal is $47.92, then tax and Total for $52.33. Then the coupons are listed below the total. Ultimately I paid $46.08 on VISA. The subtotal of $47.92 rounded down (and before coupons) matches the regular points expected (ie. 470).

Please ignore the fact I totally missed adding another $3 of items to get my 20x wus $50 :-( Still kicking myself over that.

Name:  SDM receipt.png
Views: 707
Size:  744.2 KB
    lotsasavings, Ciel, ticul and 10 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Totally off the subject, I noticed you bought philly plain, if that's cream cheese it's on sale at independent for $2.49 less the $1.00 coupon, so for $1.49 it's a good deal..
    Ciel, ticul, ReallySC and 2 others like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyLady View Post
    Totally off the subject, I noticed you bought philly plain, if that's cream cheese it's on sale at independent for $2.49 less the $1.00 coupon, so for $1.49 it's a good deal..
    SavvyLady, I was so off my game by this point, I was hoping nobody would notice how much I spent on the cream cheese. Last minute decision to make a cheesecake (and I did have two of the $1 coupons). There are a couple of stores that have it on for $2.49 to $2.99
    Ciel, ticul, maple7 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Very interesting and thank you for sharing this info...................................
    Ciel, dededi, Davetherave and 1 others like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here's a copy of a new receipt (wish I had an old one as well to show the difference clearly). You'll see the subtotal is $47.92, then tax and Total for $52.33. Then the coupons are listed below the total. Ultimately I paid $46.08 on VISA. The subtotal of $47.92 rounded down (and before coupons) matches the regular points expected (ie. 470).

Please ignore the fact I totally missed adding another $3 of items to get my 20x wus $50 :-( Still kicking myself over that.

Name:  SDM receipt.png
Views: 707
Size:  744.2 KB
    I'm going to have to look at my receipt from yesterday to see where the coups came off. Thanks for pointing this out. This will help with spend thresholds for sure!

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

moneysaver
    Trading Score
    460 (100%)

i just shopped for the first time with the new system. Although my subtotal was 56$ i still got 720 regular points( including all store coupons) . Can someone please explain it to ne? Thanks in advance. Sorry for the double pic. I dont know how to fix it.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by erusmus; Mon, Mar 28th, 2016 at 12:01 PM.
    Ciel, maple7 and Davetherave like this.
    Please use my link to join swagucks
    www.swagbucks.com/refer/erusmus
    And for superpoints
    http://superpoints.com/refer/erusmus

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by erusmus View Post
    i just shopped for the first time with the new system. Although my subtotal was 56$ i still got 720 regular points( including all store coupons) . Can someone please explain it to ne? Thanks in advance. Sorry for the double pic. I dont know how to fix it.
    Now that is interesting...the only explanation I can think of would be related to the store coupons which totaled $16. Almost as if you got the base points on the total before the store coupons ie. $56.85 + $16 = $72.85 which would equate to 720 base points.

moneysaver
    Trading Score
    460 (100%)

Now that is interesting...the only explanation I can think of would be related to the store coupons which totaled $16. Almost as if you got the base points on the total before the store coupons ie. $56.85 + $16 = $72.85 which would equate to 720 base points.
    So it means that in the new system you get points for store coupons and they count towards your total purchase( i.e if you have yo spend 30$ or 60$ etc)?
    Can anyone help me in this regard? Thanks
    Please use my link to join swagucks
    www.swagbucks.com/refer/erusmus
    And for superpoints
    http://superpoints.com/refer/erusmus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SavvyLady, I was so off my game by this point, I was hoping nobody would notice how much I spent on the cream cheese. Last minute decision to make a cheesecake (and I did have two of the $1 coupons). There are a couple of stores that have it on for $2.49 to $2.99
    hahaha, I used to make my own cheese cake, but the cost of cream cheese and graham crackers and everything else it would be a $40.00 cake, so I buy it now. I didn't mean to point it out, what I wanted to do was let everyone know if they were planning on buying cream cheese, they could price match independent!! I'm sure the cheesecake was delicious!!
    Ciel, lecale, ReallySC and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

I went to sdm on Sat.i guess we still have the old setup as coupons were taken off after each product
    Ciel, dededi and Davetherave like this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I ran into the new system yesterday I ws redeeming which had to be done before coupons were entered ( we had to void and start again as she put coupons in first)
    Make sure if you are redeeming you do it first then coupons

Also yes to answer the question that 720 base points means you got points for your coupon total as well

I plan on doing spend $50 on Wednesday with some fpcs to lower my oop just to see what happens if anyone else does it sooner please enlighten us.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Anna Michele; Mon, Mar 28th, 2016 at 08:28 PM.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Manager coupons are now categorized under vendor coupon.
    engo, Ciel, innaor and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

FPC count toward SDM spend $ in the new system
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/showthread.php?t=414863
    Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Local store got the new system but only change on receipt that I see is the owner name/address field is not centred and the store number is below all of the contact information.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information